There we go! (2012-02-28)

You don't feel that threatening to declare bankruptcy because you don't like the way you are treated odd? If you've been paying attention to this thread at all your customers are concerned about their Pandora orders with you. ED is addressing his customers. Why are you ignoring yours? The only contribution you seem to make now is to volley bad news when every possible which you know will ignite ED's customers. Something you would never do when you were in charge of the project. Now you bring up bankruptcy? Are you jealous of ED's success or are you just trying to bring the project down? What are you doing?

Could we please stop this?

Craig didn't start posting like that in this thread or after I took on the task to move production to Germany.

He always had some kind of humour sometimes that not everyone (myself included) did understand properly.

There are times I myself wished he wouldn't have posted it (as most people would misunderstand his post), but that's the way Craig posts, he doesn't want to scam anyone.

So I'd be happy if we could continue with shipping Pandoras :)

You don't feel that threatening to declare bankruptcy because you don't like the way you are treated odd? If you've been paying attention to this thread at all your customers are concerned about their Pandora orders with you. ED is addressing his customers. Why are you ignoring yours? The only contribution you seem to make now is to volley bad news when every possible which you know will ignite ED's customers. Something you would never do when you were in charge of the project. Now you bring up bankruptcy? Are you jealous of ED's success or are you just trying to bring the project down? What are you doing?

Could we please stop this?

Craig didn't start posting like that in this thread or after I took on the task to move production to Germany.

He always had some kind of humour sometimes that not everyone (myself included) did understand properly.

There are times I myself wished he wouldn't have posted it (as most people would misunderstand his post), but that's the way Craig posts, he doesn't want to scam anyone.

So I'd be happy if we could continue with shipping Pandoras :)

Done.

This threat really bugs me. The old preorders are obviously delivered at a loss because of a change of facts they couln't have possibly imagined at the start. It's pure dedication that ED and Craig made a plan to still deliver them. How it's handled is ultimately their decision and anyone not trusting them anymore can go for a refund. I smell no scam, but some people obviously want to hurt them and the community with their posts here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just grateful ED and Craig and the gang are all still on board. Most folks would've closed up shop after all the troubles that have happened, but not these guys. They keep updating and assuring us; they've kept the ball rolling.

Just think for a moment about how taxing as hell it would be to endure not only the financial hardships and manufacturing issues, but what is now years of customer whining and worrying and anger. And they answer it.

I want my Pandora, and have since I ordered it in October 2009. I thought about bailing just one time. And while I'd like to get one of these PCB upgrades and get my system faster, both of which I hope happen, I can't get angry at these guys for continuing to make it happen.

Labor of love, people.

Lot of emotions :) Guess it woudlnt be normal otherwise.

If the cost of shipping is such a problem, other solutions should be highy considered. The mass shipment to the US would be a good idea to someone like Link. A extension of this to save more would be to have ED ship the mass shipment to the US and Craig would provide the address's. Theres waste shipping to craig and then to the user.

You told us your current companies situation here. You don't have money to ship the preorders and need to sell 1 preorder as premium to ship 3 more preorders.

We don't have the money to ship out 800 units in one go is what I said.
That's a fact i missed. And missed again after re-reading your original post carefully. Could you confirm that you have 800 pandora units ready to ship in one go?

Pulling $60,000 out of the account in one go would be a dangerous move. It is far more sensible to follow my plan of selling units while shipping preorders to keep the bank balance nice and even.
You don't have 800 to ship at once or do you store them and start shipment when your stock is up to 800?

I think i don't get your definition of 'balanced and even' right. I doesn't really matter where we define the 'zero' position. A good balanced account has undisclosed reserves for in case of emergency. If you call the use of this undisclosed reserves a dangerous move, than we reached the zero position already.

You don't have money to increase the icp production and you are searching for investors.
We can increase production, but not to what I believe the sales could achieve.
I sit on the fence now, if i translated this metaphor correctly. Sorry for my english and especially for my social english. As a potential double investor i would vote for equal support, but waiting for my pandora i would fell to the pandora side of the fence so it would be nice to stabilize the icp production and free the saved money for the pandora shipments. :D

Or is there need to sale as much icps as possible now?

Increase the investors amount to 360.000 and you have all the money for the pandora shipment. Later you could pay back the 60.000 p&p costs by further pandora sales.
^ You think investors in the iControlpad would be happy with that do you?
I KNOW it, 20% investment more is 20% more profit! Believe! They'll love it! :D

Lot of emotions :) Guess it woudlnt be normal otherwise.

If the cost of shipping is such a problem, other solutions should be highy considered. The mass shipment to the US would be a good idea to someone like Link. A extension of this to save more would be to have ED ship the mass shipment to the US and Craig would provide the address's. Theres waste shipping to craig and then to the user.
I agree. Craig would have to provide Ed with the shipping cost as well as the addresses.

It actually makes it far more complex. I and Ed are capable of shipping our respective orders.

I'd go in to details, but I'm tired. I damaged my back today and just want to get to bed.

I wonder if it's worthwhile to create a bit of a FAQ for some of the things the developers need to explain multiple times. But...I'd vote that they shouldnt be the ones creating it, but elect a few community members to aggregate the information into a sticky, and keep things up to date.

I can wait a bit longer for my Pandora to be sent from Ed to Craig, be delayed by a volcano and a custom inspection, be lost by the postal service, be delivered 200km from Craig and left outside of a building where it'd be stolen by someone, recovered, sent to me just as the volcano starts again, wait for the slow and unreliable air mail, for the custom inspection, for the paper the mailman will leave in my mailbox telling me he'll come back tomorrow when I'm at work, for the paper the mailman will leave the day after telling me that I can collect my package at the post office in 2 days, for the Post office to find the package they've misplaced, for the time it takes to send it to RMA because it's somehow faulty (add two volcano/custom/delivery failure)...

Looking forward to the day my grandchildren will get my Pandora!

(Just kidding, I'll get it when I get it, it's not like I'd have enough spare time to play with it if I got it today).

It actually makes it far more complex. I and Ed are capable of shipping our respective orders.

I'd go in to details, but I'm tired. I damaged my back today and just want to get to bed.

This is what happens when you 'bend-over-backwards to please people', which is what Craig and OPT have been doing.

Sorry for the crap joke! But seriously, take care of the back injury.

I can wait a bit longer for my Pandora to be sent from Ed to Craig, be delayed by a volcano and a custom inspection, be lost by the postal service, be delivered 200km from Craig and left outside of a building where it'd be stolen by someone, recovered, sent to me just as the volcano starts again, wait for the slow and unreliable air mail, for the custom inspection, for the paper the mailman will leave in my mailbox telling me he'll come back tomorrow when I'm at work, for the paper the mailman will leave the day after telling me that I can collect my package at the post office in 2 days, for the Post office to find the package they've misplaced, for the time it takes to send it to RMA because it's somehow faulty (add two volcano/custom/delivery failure)...

Looking forward to the day my grandchildren will get my Pandora!

(Just kidding, I'll get it when I get it, it's not like I'd have enough spare time to play with it if I got it today).

LOL !! :lol:

Are there any news concerning the "secret surprise" EvilDragon was mentioning in the first post of this topic? It has been mentioned 2 weeks ago exactly that it would take a few days for them to arrive. Did any of the new Pandora owners get the surprise physically, or do they only know the surprise from the email they have received? I'm not looking for it to be revealed though (unless EvilDragon intended to do so eventually of course ^_^ ).

Are there any news concerning the "secret surprise" EvilDragon was mentioning in the first post of this topic? It has been mentioned 2 weeks ago exactly that it would take a few days for them to arrive. Did any of the new Pandora owners get the surprise physically, or do they only know the surprise from the email they have received? I'm not looking for it to be revealed though (unless EvilDragon intended to do so eventually of course ^_^ ).

There is a 'rebirth edition' sticker, and Pandora-branded power supplies, It would be pretty cool if there were something else too

I can tell you for a fact that there is another surprise. I'm not telling though :p

But I don't know what the status is of the matter.

Jeremy

EDIT: Ninja'd by Link

There is a 'rebirth edition' sticker, and Pandora-branded power supplies, It would be pretty cool if there were something else too
There is, but can say no more.

If I were being sensible I'd say that I can't wait to get a shipping confirmation email or something, as I'm not:

Wanna wanna 'dora! Naow!

And whatever the bonus items(?) are, of course. :rolleyes:

I know that the surprise will not arrive until the end of this week. I guess my unit will ship before that, so I probably won't get it. So be warned: that's what you get when you just can't wait :p

It's ok though, I think I can live without it.

Back