This Thing Just Killed The Pandora For Me

Cracker Jacker said:
At this time, nobody that ponied up the cash could be considered a "buyer". The Pandora project is an investment that may or may not pay out with a usable gadget. The only feelings that I have concerning the Pandora’s tardiness, are those of sympathy for any investor that was suggestively mislead as to how the Pandora would actually come into existence and too what extent they could act to mitigate it's failure. In a normal investment scenario, an accredited broker acts on behalf of an investment group to validate the viability of an investment and its expenditures. With the Pandora team acting as the broker and object of funds, a conflict of interest is created. Since the conflict of interest is not clearly stated, we cannot say that people are making an educated decision. Without the oversight of an uninterested party or a transparent view of the way funds are being utilized, it becomes impossible to determine whether or not fraud is taking place. Regardless of a person’s willingness to engage in a risk or their attestiment that they understand what they are getting into, it's not fair to ask someone to carry such a burden without reciprocation of accountability. These disparities and omissions inevitably lead to a sense of resentment in a not insignificant percentage of the people that explore the Pandora as an option. After all, they have been lied too. Even if they are only aware of the lie on a subconscious level, the need to act out on it may be overwhelming.

HOOOOLY SHIT someone on the internet can express thoughts in proper English? What will they think of next?

So, because OP is collecting funds on their own, there's a conflict of interest? Some might simply call this an independent project, but I guess it's whatever floats your boat. I should also note that when initial delays occurred, all were welcome to cancel their preorder and get a prompt refund. I am one of those people who took their offer (though I did so for other reasons, not because of delays) and I got my money back very quickly.

All of this leads us to the true nature of the foolishness that occurs on the forum. It is not the ignorance of problems, but rather the way you deal with them. Instead of exerting your "open" influence on the rest of the community and the devs to fix the presentation and bring it more in line with the reality of the project, you choose a course of management. You have built defense mechanisms to banish any dissenters with heckling and name calling. You label anybody that asks difficult questions a troll, and generally disregard the emotions of anybody that is not a hundred percent onboard with the project. Of course, I can't say this about everyone, but some of the members have behaved in a shameful manor.

I don't feel like this makes a whole lot of sense. You do realize that this site hosts forums for the GP2X Wiz, GP2X, GP32 and the Dingoo, don't you? One might argue that this site simply tailors to Gamepark's handhelds and the Pandora project, but the mere fact that other handhelds like the Dingoo (made by some Chinese PMP startup) are getting attention on this site goes a long way to showing that this community is accepting of any device that meets its needs. Sure, there is a fair amount of back-and-forth between the Dingoo users and Wiz users, but they still coexist in the same place (and on Dingoonity.org, partnered with DingooWiki.com, hosted by OpenDingoo.com, both members of the Dingoonity network...shameless plug).

I am not a conspiracy theorist, but rather a truth seeker with a sense of duty to enlighten those who have not yet benefited from my life experience. Life is a process; you start out knowing nothing and finish it knowing that you know nothing. It is a self defeating exercise to reject wisdom simply because you don't like the source. It is with a heavy heart that I admit that in all likelihood I am wasting my time here. It was my duty to try and make the world a better place, but success was not a requirement, or a foregone conclusion.

So, based on what you're saying, you must be near death. Well, don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out. Or do...frankly I don't give a damn. If you're preaching like your a prophet who has seen anything and everything, claiming to understand the meaning of life, expect to get shitted on.

Your clever contortion of a colloquialism into a personal attack is entertaining, but meaningless. You could direct that insult at just about anybody at some time or another, including yourself.

But it's just so much more fun to direct it at you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Salaryman_asleep_on_the_Tokyo_Subway.jpg

Attachments

• Salaryman_asleep_on_the_Tokyo_Subway.jpg
    Salaryman_asleep_on_the_Tokyo_Subway.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 89
here i knew he was wasting exophase time, i cant believe he got down that one.
anyway theres always a solution.

@CJ and anyone that wants to read it

btw if you click the link again you can keep reading and reading

(...)Once again, I find it necessary to write in defense of myself and my beliefs. Let me begin by citing a range of examples from the public sphere. For starters, you may be worried that Cracker Jacker will apotheosize ill-bred, muddleheaded chuckleheads by next weekend. If so, then I share your misgivings. But let's not worry about that now. Instead, let's discuss my observation that Cracker Jacker plans to toss quaint concepts like decency, fairness, and rational debate out the window quicker than you can double-check the spelling of "pharmacodynamic". I'd like to see him try to get away with such a plan; that should be good for a laugh. You see, most people have already observed that Cracker Jacker claims to have read somewhere that he has the authority to issue licenses for practicing adversarialism. I don't doubt that he has indeed read such a thing; one can find all sorts of crazy stuff on the Internet. More reliable sources, however, tend to agree that evil prevails when good people do nothing. That's pretty transparent. What's not so transparent is the answer to the following question: Why can't Cracker Jacker state the facts straightforwardly without their being exaggerated, aggrandized, altered, fiddled with, dressed up, falsified, and, in short, Cracker Jacker-ized? A clue might be that if I didn't sincerely believe that Cracker Jacker never misses an opportunity to take advantage of a crisis, whether contrived or spontaneous, then I wouldn't be writing this letter. (...)

Cracker Jacker said:
You have built defense mechanisms to banish any dissenters with heckling and name calling. You label anybody that asks difficult questions a troll, and generally disregard the emotions of anybody that is not a hundred percent onboard with the project. Of course, I can't say this about everyone, but some of the members have behaved in a shameful manor.

Those defense systems are like our immune systems, in a way, but unfortunately do to that fact that we're constantly under attack, they're in overdrive. So don't panic.
And we patiently dealt with your queries/misconceptions about this project, because despite the fact that you are a troll, you're a relatively classy one, and answering your questions provides us something to refer to when these issues crop up again, so thanks... In a way.
But seriously, quit trolling, while it's interesting to observe, I'll admit, it's exacerbating the problems. It'd be wiser of you to take it from a different, less... Accusatory standpoint.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back