To Warmfluffyuk, Re: Your Pandora Renders

Prophet

God I'm old.
Website
Visit site
Hi WarmFluffy,

I have a small request. Can you possibly take this render, and change the analog nubs and base to all black?

Pandora7.jpg

Also the LCD bezel - all black. Same for the various switches and inputs along the front.

I have a feeling the device would look much slicker if the game controls were all black, and the only white coloring was for the keyboard lettering. In fact, I think the lettering is a bit too large. It would also be interesting to see a slightly smaller font on the keys.

And if you're really feeling creative - I wonder how it would look if the outer corners of the casing were ever so slightly curved...

Before this thing goes into final production, I wonder if she could be prettied up a wee bit more. Pandora is an impressive girl, might as well have her dress her best too. :p

craigix said:
The nubs are chrome, they come from the factory like that, I don't think we can request a colour.
Chrome? Interesting. Well, that's fine then.

Looking forward to seeing what the real thing actually looks like.

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:
The nubs are chrome, they come from the factory like that, I don't think we can request a colour.
Just out of curiosity, have you ordered the prototype from the factory yet? Do you have any idea when you're likely to see it in all its non-rendered, material, fully assembled glory?

Actual picture of analog nub:
nub.jpg

The manufacturer has suggested that we can order different patterns for the tread in the middle, probably at an extra cost, but this is what they provide right now. I have no indication that the metal color itself can be changed. A blue chrome color might be cool to provide less contrast against the black, but I have no information to suggest they would ever allow us to do this. If they did we could call it "blue steel" and make sure that it turns left! ;)

I hope at least a couple people get that joke. :)

MWeston said:
nub.jpg

The manufacturer has suggested that we can order different patterns for the tread in the middle, probably at an extra cost, but this is what they provide right now. I have no indication that the metal color itself can be changed. A blue chrome color might be cool to provide less contrast against the black, but I have no information to suggest they would ever allow us to do this. If they did we could call it "blue steel" and make sure that it turns left! ;)

I say don't change the grip on the nub. It looks good to me.

As far as renders go, are there any blender importable model files of the device?

MWeston said:
nub.jpg

Heh. :) Zoolander. I never saw the whole movie though.

Thanks for the photo of the actual analog nub. It looks good from a functionality POV.

I think everyone is dying to see an actual Pandora prototype assembled. But seeing the nub is a start. Hmm, that sounds a bit perverted, doesn't it... <_<

Just the fact that there are factories and nubs being shown and talked about gives him so much hope that this project really is happening!
:)

Niggly thing I know, but please can we have nicer letters on the keys? A nicer font, smaller and not wierd shouty italics.

Sorry, type geek.

®

MWeston said:
If they did we could call it "blue steel" and make sure that it turns left! ;)
If they can turn left, they'll have to be Magnums... The actual moveable nub is black, and that's all I needed to know. The chrome on the backpiece is just cool, if you ask me. Plus, the contrast makes the analogues easier to find! ^_^

Magnulus said:
The chrome on the backpiece is just cool, if you ask me. Plus, the contrast makes the analogues easier to find!
And a lot of unwanted reflections and glares when playing under lights/sun.

Here's one with completely black nubs:
Pandora8.jpg

And here's one with chrome(ish) base for the nubs as above:
Pandora9.jpg

The chrome one was done really quickly and the rendering quality is not as high as I would usually use as it's nearly bed time and I'm tired.

Thanks Fluffy!

I do think the black nubs look better on the black system, even with the chrome base. Cool.

MWeston said:
I imagine the metal has to be like that because any paint or coating would rub off after use making it look really bad.

Back