To Warmfluffyuk, Re: Your Pandora Renders

why not just put together and release all the tech drawings? you must have some real solid state model of it.. or maybe the chinese carve it out of chi-energy for the molding :) this being kinda a community friendly/driven project i think its a good idea to give it up to the ppl craigx!

im getting fan-art vibes here

We do have real life models but as you know the non production ones tend to look chalky and poor quality, releasing photos of them would only lead to the predictable posts saying it looks shit/cheap etc.

Best to wait to show you the nice shiny real production ones I think :)

I'm sure warmfluffy will send you her sexy model.

then again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alP_l62wPsU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djt2uLnJk6g

PLEASE understand these are not the final version they are printed mockups.

;)

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:
We do have real life models but as you know the non production ones tend to look chalky and poor quality, releasing photos of them would only lead to the predictable posts saying it looks shit/cheap etc.

Best to wait to show you the nice shiny real production ones I think :)

Sounds reasonable :)

Great videos. I always like seeing new videos of the device.

So it looks like the sd card slots have moved to the front of the device.
Any other changes you'd like to talk about? Any changes to the keyboard layout?

craigix said:
then again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alP_l62wPsU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djt2uLnJk6g

PLEASE understand these are not the final version they are printed mockups.

;)

Great video!
The button spacing seems perfect to me. I'm really liking what I see on these video.
Putting the SD slot on the front is a great move IMHO

Can the D-pad and buttons be placed further in? From the video it looks like it will kill your hands after awhile like the psp does.

craigix said:
LOL It's not that good as it has a lot of flaws, especially as I haven't added any rear ports or shoulder buttons yet. But yeah, it's an "Art of Illusion" file and if anyone wants it they can have it!

By the way, who was it who created the earlier renders, such as this one:
Pandora6.jpg

What was it rendered in and are the source files available?

pepone said:
Putting the SD slot on the front is a great move IMHO
Agreed, I always thought it was strange having the other ports at the front, now its looking wonderful, let me know when I can pre-order Craig :)

BTW Great renders fluffy :)

WarmFluffyUK said:
By the way, who was it who created the earlier renders, such as this one:
*snip*
What was it rendered in and are the source files available?
I'm pretty sure Evil Dragon did those in 3ds Max, with all the objects named in German or something like that that made it hard to work with for some people.

WarmFluffyUK said:
Hm, I'm happy with the standard-Chrome Analog Nubs. :) Your Renderings are nice, perfect light and Surfaces, I still try to make equal stuff with Blender.
The D-Pad could be improved. I don't like it but thats because I don't like the Cross-shape in general. (Your's also seems to be a little bit to sharp at the top edges. ) The Speaker holes could have a square-shape maybe along the whole height of the LCD... maybe not I don't know. The round form doesn't fit into the Design.
And the Action Buttons could need a little overhaul. The Size is nice but the current Buttons are to "GP2Xish" I think :lol:

Thats no complaining about your great work. I know you just render the original Mockup. :)

Oh, I really hope all these Games in the Screen will run at the real Pandora! :D

Sorry jpic3yk I am going to ignore you post for this one reason:

Your avatar has Stan the 2nd hand ship salesman from Monkey Island, and I did this a little while back:
Stan!

WarmFluffyUK said:

Your avatar has Stan the 2nd hand ship salesman from Monkey Island, and I did this a little while back:
Stan!

Fluffy that made my day LOL.

BaDToaD said:
WarmFluffyUK said:

Stan!

Fluffy that made my day LOL.

Kewl, I did it ages ago, I have a few more in the pipe line at the mo...

Stan :)

And thanks for the new render. I'm starting to really like the black and chrome.

Hopefully we'll see actual prototypes soon.

WarmFluffyUK said:

Stan!

That was brilliant!

I can't remember who asked but it seemed like a good idea to put a coin next to the Pandora as some folk think it's laptop sized when they initially see it. so here's one with a 10 pence coin next to it!

Pandora16.jpg

Back