Today Is A Great Day!(Hopefully)

EvilDragon said:
craigix said:
Just looking at the Pandora and thinking about the awesome stuff we will be able to do with it keeps me going. I'm so happy we went with what, at the time, looked like an insane design.

You tell me... I got a Pandora at home with tons of fullspeed Amiga games and don't even find the time to play them :)

But, wow, the OS is evolving so well at the moment, it will be cool :)

I recently installed winUAE on my PC and the games are gorgous (didnt know so many amiga games were ported to PC)

Last edited by a moderator:
^ At first I didn't think about emulation at all and wanted a Pandora just as an UMPC, but now after seing that video in that other thread, I'm really looking forward to Amiga emulation :) It was a significant part of my youth after all.
I hope everything goes smooth regarding the second batch.

Alerino said:
Bosbeetle said:
still hoping for a blueMSX port by zx81

you might like this

worshippy.gif
static.gif

Can somebody confirm if this?

Attachments

• worshippy.gif
    worshippy.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 89
  • static.gif
    static.gif
    10.1 KB · Views: 101
I want a portable CoCo 3 - There is yet to be a servicable portable emulator. Here's hoping ZX81 is watching. I'll probably try to compile xroar (CoCo 2 - not 3), Failing that maybe SDLMESS or XMESS will provide the CoCo fix I lust for, but I don't know if the Pandora has the raw horsepower for it.

spaceballs3000 said:
The answer is no, one is required to pay for additional fees to use the existing covered CE tests to get an FCC ID number/ID.

In short, the Pandora (with active 802.11) is technically illegal to be sold to the general public in the USA. That's under the assumption that the Pandora will have working WiFi, will not have an FCC ID, and be sold in the USA.

It's like jaywalking, people do it, but still illegal.

This one was already explained. Fcc certification require a final unit by law. So it can't be certificated till mass production is started.

It's not about mud, it's about reading ^^

mali said:
^ At first I didn't think about emulation at all and wanted a Pandora just as an UMPC, but now after seing that video in that other thread, I'm really looking forward to Amiga emulation :) It was a significant part of my youth after all.

There are about a billion other threads, could you be a little more specific? :D

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/52387-amiga-fans-how-many-people-own-amiga-pandora-emulation-will-be-cool/page__view__findpost__p__825048 :)

EvilDragon said:
(...)
Well, I'm trying to accept the following scenarios:

a) Nothing will work out. We couldn't get Wifi to work and the cases are not usable. We have to refund all money and all are blank. The servers will be shut down which means the end of the file archives, the gp2x shop, maybe even gp32x.de or gp2x.de. We'll lose everything we worked for during the last 12 years.

B) Same as a), but there are a lot of people interested to buy the finished boards. This probably give us as much money back to not lose everything, but have a lot to pay back during the next 150 years. ;)

c) We'll get the cases and can build the Pandora but somehow can't get WiFi working. A lot of people will want to cancel. Others don't care about - they'll either try to get WiFi working (maybe even successfully) or plug in a cheap stick in the back. Most of them only want to play anyways. We probably lost a lot of money with this, but we'll surive.

d) We'll get the cases and get WiFi working. We'll deliver and are happy everything worked out. Best case scenario :)
(...)

If a) happens, I'd rather receive board, nubs and display without a case than a money refund: that way I still have something to play with, and the lack of case just means that I'll have to surrender to that little voice in my head that suggest that modding is a great hobby

if c) happens I'm happy anyway: I already have an eth dongle (tested on a beagleboard) and an umts one and I don't have access to wifi networks; I will be missing the ability to connect our two pandoras via wifi for multiplayer, but that's nothing that an usb cable can't solve.

wermy said:
mali said:

Wait... Are you not on the first batch?? O_O
That always gets people, nope he's not. Pretty amazing that.
Guess it shows you don't have to be a first batcher to be really supportive! :lol:

wermy said:
Wait... Are you not on the first batch?? O_O
I'll write ED an email soon to get back into the first batch and to get rid of these questions :p
Short story:
13 months ago: Keyboard layout riot -> Fight with MOD -> Cancellation in anger
And I'm still here :eek:

edit:
Thanks, Na-Noo :)

mali said:
I'll write ED an email soon to get back into the first batch and to get rid of these questions :p
Short story:
13 months ago: Keyboard layout riot -> Fight with MOD -> Cancellation in anger
And I'm still here :eek:

No offense intended, but: Are you crazy?? :blink: It would drive me nuts not being in the first batch, and watching everyone enjoy their Pandoras for a few months before I got mine. A fight with a mod doesn't seem worth the anguish of watching others with a Pandora for a few months... :lol:

In all seriousness, though, hasn't it been all but confirmed that there will be other keyboard layouts later on down the line (assuming enough people want a particular layout, that is)? Why not put up with the less-than-ideal (for you) layout until that time comes? After all, the second batch will have the same layout...

Sorry to have such a reaction, but it just seems wrong for you NOT to be a first-batcher. :p

Back