Trey?

you got the order wrong.
Really? The basic Two Months was turned into a Two Days with the recent hopes of good news, and today I'm afraid it got back to years...

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, he came back, saw boards and about 15 people. Most of them were working on Pandoras :)

Basically, what I suspected happened, so we basically got good news later tonight (I will make some big updates later).

We don't have 2000 boards ready as the CEO promised, what I suspected.

I had the feeling they were waiting for the final nubs before really starting production and telling us all boards are finished to make us calm down... and it looks like this had been the case.

While I wished 2000 were ready, I'm happy that they are now finally WORKING on them. Trey brought back some cool pictures.

I will post a more comprehensive report later, as soon as I got the complete information from Trey :)
Ok but what happened to more nubs? I can understand that the board company doesn't want to produce more boards if they don't have any nubs. But what I can't understand is why the nub company can't make more nubs. Didn't it take them only a few days to produce thousands? Since they are way behind and screwed up big time which delayed the pandoras for several months shouldn't they just produce the rest four thousand nubs today and ship them to Texas asap? I really can't understand why they should wait until after christmas...

Ok but what happened to more nubs? I can understand that the board company doesn't want to produce more boards if they don't have any nubs. But what I can't understand is why the nub company can't make more nubs. Didn't it take them only a few days to produce thousands? Since they are way behind and screwed up big time which delayed the pandoras for several months shouldn't they just produce the rest four thousand nubs today and ship them to Texas asap? I really can't understand why they should wait until after christmas...

Last I heard they were out of the little round PC boards for the Nubs.. Most likely waiting for those to be fabricated. Correct me if I'm wrong I read that somewhere in the news section.

Also it's the end of the year and every company wants their parts to be shipped.. end of 4th Quarter is busy for any manufacturing company. And OPT isn't that big of a customer so most likely we're low on the priority list.

Last I heard they were out of the little round PC boards for the Nubs.. Most likely waiting for those to be fabricated. Correct me if I'm wrong I read that somewhere in the news section.

Also it's the end of the year and every company wants their parts to be shipped.. end of 4th Quarter is busy for any manufacturing company. And OPT isn't that big of a customer so we can be pushed aside on the priority list.

Exactly. The company who is doing the nubs could indeed produce a few thousand within a few days, however, they didn't expect the PCBs for the nubs to take that long (they don't do them themselves).

They've been very accurate with the schedules they told us so far, so I trust them.

What I've been worrying about was the board company - and that turned out to be true. However, they ARE now working on Pandora boards (Trey confirmed that!) and we want him to visit them regularly, so no more lies from now on!

Good news that they're working on them at least and thanks to Trey for taking the time out to go visit etc. :)

Yes... and the one who is leading the production told Trey "He doesn't to lie", so we better talk to him about production, not with the CEO (who seems like a marketing guy).

Trey is going to check out regularly as well, to make sure they really progress.

Exactly. The company who is doing the nubs could indeed produce a few thousand within a few days, however, they didn't expect the PCBs for the nubs to take that long (they don't do them themselves).

They've been very accurate with the schedules they told us so far, so I trust them.

What I've been worrying about was the board company - and that turned out to be true. However, they ARE now working on Pandora boards (Trey confirmed that!) and we want him to visit them regularly, so no more lies from now on!

Thanks for clearing that up, still sucks though. Hope that you can get theese 1000 pandoras out before new years.

Yes... and the one who is leading the production told Trey "He doesn't to lie", so we better talk to him about production, not with the CEO (who seems like a marketing guy).
If you want the truth, always avoid the guys in suits, and go straight to the techies!

If you want the truth, always avoid the guys in suits, and go straight to the techies!

Yeah, looks like it... damn.

Well, I'm really happy to have someone who can check it out from now on.

Should keep them motivated - they cannot tell lies anymore now :D

Trey is going to check out regularly as well, to make sure they really progress.
A big thank you to Trey for taking the time to do this both now and in the future.

Well, I'm really happy to have someone who can check it out from now on. Should keep them motivated - they cannot tell lies anymore now.
You should have checked sooner.

That fact that they're even working on them at all is good news? Up until now, I had just thought that was assumed.

That fact that they're even working on them at all is good news? Up until now, I had just thought that was assumed.
...I don't know what to say anymore. I hope you can get a european company soon, american and chineese companies will screw you over again and again. I'm almost last in line of the first batch and at this point I just hope I get mine before my birthday in april.

...I don't know what to say anymore. I hope you can get a european company soon, american and chineese companies will screw you over again and again. I'm almost last in line of the first batch and at this point I just hope I get mine before my birthday in april.
Personally, I don't have any hopes. Of course, I won't cancel my order any time and will always be supportive, but I choose not to expect a specific date and whenever the Pandora comes to my door, it will be a good surprise. Even if it's in 2025. But of course, I'm in batch 2 so this approach is the only rational step to survive the wait.

You should have checked sooner.

We tried, didn't really work out so far. But now we introduced him as representative, not just as a fan wanting to see how production works, but to check out what happens.

So they should take appointments more seriously.

Another good news: They work through most of the holidays and do nightshifts, so if they really work on the boards now (and we're gonna check!), production should still be happening very quickly.

Back