Turboexpress Prices Might Start Dropping On Ebay

zj_jeepster

Still Fresh
Website
www.freepsps.com
I'm still waiting for my GP32 BLU but if it turns out REALLY good which I think it will, TurboExpress prices might start dropping on Ebay. They seem to be going for around $100 USD but will probably start dropping after the release of the BLU units. A bigger sccreen and the fact that you don't have to carry all those games and game converter are all for the GP32.

Just a thought.

lol, now thats some funny stuff, TurboExpress is a collectors item now, the GP32 will have no affect what so ever on the price of it. The only way the TurboExpress is going to go down in price is if the numbers of TurboExpresses goes up greatly, which ain't gonna happen. once again funny stuff.

You know if there were a little more work done on GPEngine... I will say though that there was a point where I was playing Soldier Blade and said to myself "well, guess I dont need a turboexpress do I?!" and giggled to myself.

It'd totally be true if the emulator was just a bit tighter. gp32_console

ralp99 posted on May 5 2004 at 08:39 PM said:
drugs are bad for you
no..drug ABUSE is bad for you...

i want MARY JANE to come over to my house, and cut the GRASS and sweep it into a BAG, and i'll pay her a DIME... :lol: good stuff, that reno 911...

Last edited by a moderator:
I wanted one of these when it first came out ... but I was poor. I also wanted a Sega Nomad, but once again .. I was poor.

Now that I'm not as poor, I got my gp32_console and have no need for either. Patience is a virtue. :lol:

TelcoLou posted on May 6 2004 at 05:49 AM said:
I wanted one of these when it first came out ... but I was poor. I also wanted a Sega Nomad, but once again .. I was poor.

Now that I'm not as poor, I got my gp32_console and have no need for either. Patience is a virtue. :lol:
i was also poor when those systems were released but now im older wiser and richer i own all 3 plus a few more

i have a turbo express and a gp with a shed load of pc engine games, but for the life of me i can not bring myself to sell my pc engine. its daft i know, its just packed away in the box on a shelf, but its sooo cool i will just hang on it....i got it bad i know : )

the turboexpress truely is a collectable. The first portable to play original console games, it sucks batteries like a thirsty man in a desert but it's still intreging to see.

I had a Sega Game Gear. That little guy saved my sanity while I was in the hospital (2 weeks, severe leg burns). I traded it in for a Gameboy color. :(

The battery issue was the clincher, though ... 6 AAs only lasted 3 or so hours. I had an AC adapter, but that's hardly portable at that point.

Alpha2 posted on May 6 2004 at 02:47 AM said:
You know if there were a little more work done on GPEngine... I will say though that there was a point where I was playing Soldier Blade and said to myself "well, guess I dont need a turboexpress do I?!" and giggled to myself.

well then play the other emulators of that aera (genesis, snes) and see how tight they are. What do you like for a shoot-em-up? Either savestates or rather fullspeed emulation? Ever asked why nobody says "I played rtype/super aleste on the snes and liked it since it has savestates."? Both games are slow like hell with sound. I admit, for rpg's speed is not such a big issue, but ever thought of the rpg/shoot-em-up ration on the pcengine?

Funny that this should come up now. I am just packing my PC Engine GT which sold for ...£60 ($100) so that estimate was spot on.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...MESSO%3AIT&rd=1

I don't think that the PC Engine GT is a classic to be honest, the console was good, but the handheld isn't a very impressive piece of kit -- and the gp32_console should have no effect on the PC Engine GT prices, it's just old and not worth much. Well that is my opinion anyway. :D

giffel posted on May 6 2004 at 09:33 AM said:
Alpha2 posted on May 6 2004 at 02:47 AM said:

well then play the other emulators of that aera (genesis, snes) and see how tight they are. What do you like for a shoot-em-up? Either savestates or rather fullspeed emulation? Ever asked why nobody says "I played rtype/super aleste on the snes and liked it since it has savestates."? Both games are slow like hell with sound. I admit, for rpg's speed is not such a big issue, but ever thought of the rpg/shoot-em-up ration on the pcengine?
I just think he meant that witha couple of bug fixes in games and saves then the emulator would be used a lot more in his case. It would in mine too, bonk is calling for saves. Im happy with what I have now though, always one of the first to be put on the smc, things like bomberman 94 and rtype dont need saves at all B).

TelcoLou posted on May 6 2004 at 05:49 AM said:

One of my mates has a Sega Nomad, is he going to punch me in the face?

c0ncept posted on May 6 2004 at 09:55 AM said:
i want MARY JANE to come over to my house, and cut the GRASS and sweep it into a BAG, and i'll pay her a DIME...  good stuff, that reno 911...

Nerd of nerds > 30 :p
huh? :unsure:

Back