TV out cable

KrazyKain

Still Fresh
One of the things that have postponed me from ordering my Pandora is the TV out cable. I really want to get everything Pandora related in one go but can't seem to find the TV out cable. I could be having a major brain fart here, but I swear I saw it in this shop: http://icontrolpad.com/pandoraprivate.html about a week ago (although I could have just glanced at one of the cable pictures and just assumed it was the TV out) and can't see it there any more...

I've asked sales about it but they are taking a while to reply (fair enough I'm sure they are busy) but if someone here can help me out sooner, OP gets a sale sooner, so everyone wins :D

so to summarize...

1) was the tv out cable actually in that shop or was I hallucinating?

2) where do I get one?

The lesser seen tv-out cable is but a mythical creature.

Even if you do see it on Craig's shop, don't waste your money on something that (at least for the foreseeable future) you won't receive.

I'm sure that some will appear one day. But when is anyone's guess.

There is a bit of info around the forum on how you could make your own and a few people who might be able to help you get the parts. Making your own is the only quick way for now.

The TV-out were available for sale until recently, however problems with obtaining one of the connectors has prevented OP from actually making any cables. Because it does not look like this will be resolved anytime soon, some people have decided to buy those connectors seperately and build the cables themselves (see the EXT Connectors thread stickied here).

In short, you cannot buy one now from OP.

Last edited by a moderator:
ah ok, so it looks like i'll have to order the pandora without one for now.

keep an eye on this discussion and you'll get your cable sooner than later
^ It's worth noting that all people aare buying in that thread are the EXT connectors, not the full cables, so you'll have to either build one youself or pay someone more to do so.

It's weird how whenever I see someone write about the tv out cables no offical team member responds to it... wonder why <_<

It's weird how whenever I see someone write about the tv out cables no offical team member responds to it... wonder why <_<
Because every time Craig or ED post a reply to a question, a dozen other people start asking questions in the same thread about order numbers/TV-Out cables/the weather, so I think it's just easier to let other members handle it, even if it means we get it wrong from time to time.

or because craig said tv out cables would be done by the end of march

or because craig said tv out cables would be done by the end of march
That's probably a factor too, along with the fact that every time someone gives a date (like the one you said) people take it as a set-in-stone deadline, rather than an estimate.

These answers do not look very re-assuring for people like me that have already paid for a TV out cable when I ordered my Pandora.

Should I be e-mailing about getting my money back for it?

Emailing for your cash back is a personal decision obviously and it doesnt look like the official cables are going to magic into existence any time soon but if everyone asks for their cash back, they never will imo.

I think most folk have just opted to leave OPT with money since forgotten and I think thats probaby wise. If folk pull that cash OPT will struggle to fund these cables in future, once both batches are done and they have more capital from Premium sales to fund the order for more cables then customers waiting. Which is what I suspect is their best option. Im sure once the spare cables exist, that most Pandora owners would then want one aswell, as then she is a truly pocketable/dockable home PC replacement, upto a certain level of raw power.

In the meantime the connector quest (with associated 2 months (sry 8 week :) ) lead time) offers a better chance of success and the customary waiting experience we pre-orderers are world famous for enjoying! I cant wait for mine (plus a book on soldering and some sugru for the cable housing material). Happy days :)

i opened (and many before me) a topic about tv-cables

( )

someone said, and he is right, that they are not so expensive. It helps me to calm myself down.

But it would be appreciated that an official member tell us the situation about cables.

Because every time Craig or ED post a reply to a question, a dozen other people start asking questions in the same thread about order numbers/TV-Out cables/the weather, so I think it's just easier to let other members handle it, even if it means we get it wrong from time to time.

and i don't think letting us in the total obscurity is a good thing. I really think it can cause more bad things and accelerate the fail of this part of the project (because of refunds).

In an other hand if the tv-cables is not possible anymore, the building of the future pandora will be cheaper than if it contains the tv out option in the motherboard. :D

and i don't think letting us in the total obscurity is a good thing. I really think it can cause more bad things and accelerate the fail of this part of the project (because of refunds).

I wasn't saying that it's how I would have handled it, just that I can see the reasoning behind keeping quiet.

I remember years ago, when the TV-Out cable was supposed to be included with the Pandora, according to Craigix.

Still waiting for mine, hopefully I get it sometime in the next year, but it looks like we might have a shot of getting one in the next two months!

Back