Uae4all Gp2x 0.7.0

Shadowsithe said:
But the no-intro set is nothing but verified good dumps.
That's cool. In that case, it would be great if everyone had that set. Experience has shown that people don't, and will use whatever they have handy, hence asking people to at least say which crack/trained version they have.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't find it working well for me... I was excited to try it out but almost all games stay in the kickstart screen and won't load (Tried to reinsert them as well). Once I got Cannon Fodder fired up, but it was veeerrry slow, even when overclocked. Any idea what's wrong? I use the same kickstart as on the previous UAE4all version which works fine!

I'm sure that's a kickstart issue, try another one (if you can) and see if it gets any better. I mainly use kickstart 2.1 and 3.1 and 1.3 for some really old stuff. A kickstart selector would be another great addition to the emu!

As for specifying which versions I used for testing, most of these games were dumped by myself from a real amiga, so they are not part of any good sets available on the net. But I'll make sure to mention which cracktro each game uses (if any, quite a few are originals) and any other information I may find next time :)

"SunSpire"

Boring sound bug.
Sometimes sound disappear. At this point, if I quit the emu and launch another application (like mame, for example... or another emulator) it lack of sound too and the emulation speed is very slow(it is like another process uses sound resource... I think) . I need to reset the consolle to resolve this problem. But after this, every time I will launch the uae4all... still no sound and same problems with others application (need reset). The only solution (I know it is strange) is to delete all uae4all files then replace with the files in the official zip.
Sorry for my bad english :)

Using the no-intro set of disk images might lead to people having games with copy protection. This includes the old "What word is at this point in the manual" etc.
I say it is best to say which cracked version it is to avoid these problems.

I dont think speed should be affected by kickstart. Surely if it boots to the kickstart screen without any adf in then it should be ok. Or you could try getting a workbench ADF and see what happens.

Miika said:
I don't find it working well for me... I was excited to try it out but almost all games stay in the kickstart screen and won't load (Tried to reinsert them as well). Once I got Cannon Fodder fired up, but it was veeerrry slow, even when overclocked. Any idea what's wrong? I use the same kickstart as on the previous UAE4all version which works fine!
i cant get cannon fodder to work. Tried the Fairlight and Crystal versions.
Did get cannon fodder 2 to work and it was full speed with Tweak version overclocked at 250 emu bias in the middle frme skip auto

As for the sound issues. I find that sound goes off if I switch from ON to Faked during a game

Nice work everyone, Come home from a stressful day at work, The dog has pissed and shit all over the kitchen so i was wound up even more. Then i find this, So i'm off to download now and chill for a bit :)

Hi folks,

I have just uploaded a video of me playing Turrican 1, please excuse the bad quality as I currently have no TV out cable so had to squeeze the camera between myself and the gp2x, lol That also explains why I play so badly, I'm usually a lot better. (No, really! :p )

Anyhow, just wanted to show you how the new uae4all performs, feel free to share! Also keep in mind my digicam only supports 22 frames a second so the real emulator speed is even better than what you see!

Notice how the gp2x crashes at the beginning of level 3 ... argh

Let me know what other games you'd like to see and I will make some more vids for you! (am bored today, lol)

Turrican Youtube Video

"SunSpire"

AGH, youtube messed up the audio / video sync, sorry!

Let me know what other games you'd like to see and I will make some more vids for you! (am bored today, lol)

Bomb - X

fuck , this works a lot better than mine!!!!

can anybody send me a proper kickstart or at least the name you have , dont say kick . rom ;) I mean the dump status, version etc...

Chaos Engine
Zool
Xenon 2

SunSpire said:
Errr, nope .. haven't got that one, sorry!
Your favorite GP2X Torrent site got an enormous Amiga pack (3,5GB)

Bloody hell, ... a bright flash followed by an awful loud thunder just scared the heck out of me!! Even the car alarms down the road went off!
Guys there's a major thunderstorm coming up here in Birmingham, I'll better get away from the computer until it's over! sorry ... I am still going to make the videos tho.

Well, seems to have gone the other way, whew .. I like thunderstorms but not when they are right above my head :p

Updated Turrican Youtube Link

Still out of sync tho, got any ideas why that is?

Doing a vid of Chaos Engine next. Forget Zool, after 5 mins of loading I gave up! lol

"SunSpire"

SunSpire said:
Bloody hell, ... a bright flash followed by an awful loud thunder just scared the heck out of me!! Even the car alarms down the road went off!
Guys there's a major thunderstorm coming up here in Birmingham, I'll better get away from the computer until it's over! sorry ... I am still going to make the videos tho.
Theres supposed to be loads of storms all over england starting tmoro.Loads more flooding expected. I saw on the news that theres more chance of being struck by lightning if you stand near an open window with a radiator under it. Found that quite a strange thing.

I find sometimes if a games not loading (zool) either make sure you use both disk drives or keep changing the bias as it loads.

I also noticed Alien Breed Tower Assault was out of sync but to sort it I knocked the bias 1 to the right.

Its amazing how many things can result from the bias changes.

As for that amiga pack on the torrent site I got that and when unzipped it became about 8GB. Its the full tosec collection but it also contains all the different ROMS and workbenches

Back