USB not working?

My USB not works too :-( It was before then I don't use USB for a few month and now it doesn't work. Maybe I'am just a lame and missing something. I make some dmesg and lsub listings. Before every experiment I remove battery for several minutes, then did dmesg/sudo lsusb and append number (_1, _3 and _5): , , , , ,

I tried connect USB stick (Kingstone DataTraveler II 2 GB) and dmesg + sudo lsusb and append _2. I didn't try this stick before and lost one that I used to use with my Pandora: , .

Next I try attach external HDD (Western Digital 400GB My Passport Essential USB 2.0 2.5" HDD model WDME4000TE) that I already tried and works well. Display dimmed and disk not spin up. This not happen before but push me to mention that I have broken LCD cable (purple/blue tint - Yes, I know, I should sent it to repair ages ago): , .

At last I try connect USB HUB (some Belkin with external power adapter), with connected keyboard and already mentioned stick: , .

Attachments

• dmesg_1.txt
    15.2 KB · Views: 153
  • lsusb_1.txt
    63 bytes · Views: 118
  • dmesg_2.txt
    15.2 KB · Views: 138
  • lsusb_2.txt
    63 bytes · Views: 120
  • dmesg_3.txt
    15.2 KB · Views: 127
  • lsusb_3.txt
    63 bytes · Views: 124
  • dmesg_4.txt
    15.2 KB · Views: 139
  • lsusb_4.txt
    63 bytes · Views: 132
  • dmesg_5.txt
    15.2 KB · Views: 148
  • lsusb_5.txt
    63 bytes · Views: 122
  • dmesg_6.txt
    15.2 KB · Views: 188
  • lsusb_6.txt
    63 bytes · Views: 133
Last edited by a moderator:
My USB not works too :-( It was before then I don't use USB for a few month and now it doesn't work. Maybe I'am just a lame and missing something. I make some dmesg and lsub listings. Before every experiment I remove battery for several minutes, then did dmesg/sudo lsusb and append number (_1, _3 and _5): , , , , ,

I tried connect USB stick (Kingstone DataTraveler II 2 GB) and dmesg + sudo lsusb and append _2. I didn't try this stick before and lost one that I used to use with my Pandora: , .

Next I try attach external HDD (Western Digital 400GB My Passport Essential USB 2.0 2.5" HDD model WDME4000TE) that I already tried and works well. Display dimmed and disk not spin up. This not happen before but push me to mention that I have broken LCD cable (purple/blue tint - Yes, I know, I should sent it to repair ages ago): , .

At last I try connect USB HUB (some Belkin with external power adapter), with connected keyboard and already mentioned stick: , .

Sounds like you need to reset your device (remove the battery etc), as at least dmesg is registering something... I don't even get

usb 1-2: new high speed USB device using ehci-omap and address 2

hub 1-0:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 2

dmesg reports nothing for me. And sounds like sirthunder516 has the same problem as I do.

Sometimes when connecting something to the mini B USB port I don't get any reaction with dmesg, too.

In this case I simply switch to the Mass Storage mode and back - and then everything works fine.

Sounds like you need to reset your device (remove the battery etc),...
I did this before every try - remove battery for even an hour.

Sometimes when connecting something to the mini B USB port I don't get any reaction with dmesg, too.
In this case I simply switch to the Mass Storage mode and back - and then everything works fine.
I found my stick that works already. I remove battery for a few minutes, reinsert it, boot Pandora, try toggle SD mass storage on/off and try USB stick. Nothing happens. them dmesg, sudo lsusb: , .

Attachments

• dmesg_7.txt
    15.2 KB · Views: 169
  • lsusb_7.txt
    126 bytes · Views: 125
"unable to enumerate USB device" is the USB host trying to figure out what has been plugged into it, failing, and crashing. This always happens when a USB1.1 device is plugged in, but I find it highly unlikely that every device you've tried has been a USB1.1. Especially if you've tried plugging the Pandora into itself and using mass storage that way. The Pandora is definitely USB2.0, I just double checked the dmesg and plugging the Pandora into itself does behave exactly as if an external disk drive has been plugged in, so that's the final test of whether the USB is working or not.

Sounds like you need an RMA, and OPT needs a new test.

Well I got another device listed on the wiki as working; Wii USB 2.0 10/100M and same problem "unable to enumerate..".

Especially if you've tried plugging the Pandora into itself and using mass storage that way.
Do you mean connecting the mini-USB to the USB and enable mass-storage? That generates a load of "devoce mpt accepting address XX, error -71" then "unable to enummerate.."

Thinking I too need to RMA... :(

Do you mean connecting the mini-USB to the USB and enable mass-storage?
Yes. Under normal circumstances you can put the Pandora into mass storage mode, plug it into itself, and dmesg will flash up the usual messages about mounting file systems and then it'll appear in /media again. Under broken circumstances, you get what you got, or nothing at all.

Yes. Under normal circumstances you can put the Pandora into mass storage mode, plug it into itself, and dmesg will flash up the usual messages about mounting file systems and then it'll appear in /media again. Under broken circumstances, you get what you got, or nothing at all.

The solution with putting your pandora into mass storage mode may be cicumstantial. Instead, check "start usb network on bootup" in settings->startup->enable/disbale services on start. The module g_cdc may be vital here. Check if it is loaded with "lsmod".

Imo that option should be checked as default as you also can't connect any usb-mouse or keyboard to the mini USB port if that corresponding module isn't loaded (it will be loaded if you go into mass storage mode, too).

"unable to enumerate USB device" is the USB host trying to figure out what has been plugged into it, failing, and crashing. This always happens when a USB1.1 device is plugged in, but I find it highly unlikely that every device you've tried has been a USB1.1. Especially if you've tried plugging the Pandora into itself and using mass storage that way. The Pandora is definitely USB2.0, I just double checked the dmesg and plugging the Pandora into itself does behave exactly as if an external disk drive has been plugged in, so that's the final test of whether the USB is working or not.
Sounds like you need an RMA, and OPT needs a new test.
I must describe wrong something. I was not plug Pandora USB int o Pandora USB-OTG (or vice versa). I was plug USB stick (Kingstone DataTraveler 410 - 8 GB). This stick already worked well with my Pandora but now it doesn't.

I'll try:

- after battery remove, reinsert and reboot Pandora: ,

- after SD mass storage enabled: ,

- an finally, after conecting Pandora into itself: ,

Seems weird. I'll sending Pandora to RMA anyway, but I hate to bother ED with problem that I could eventually solve myself (edit: or better - with community help ;-) ).

Attachments

• dmesg_8.txt
    15.2 KB · Views: 131
  • lsusb_8.txt
    63 bytes · Views: 108
  • dmesg_9.txt
    15.2 KB · Views: 138
  • lsusb_9.txt
    126 bytes · Views: 112
  • dmesg_10.txt
    15.2 KB · Views: 133
  • lsusb_10.txt