Video playback

bellboa45

Still Fresh
Hello. First day with my pandora, I am pretty excited. I am having one problem though. None of the videos I try to play back will play at a quality that is viewable. the video is choppy and blocky and freezes up. I have increased the CPU speed and ran background-killer. Can anyone else suggest anything. I don;t know much about video files and I download the files off of bittorrent. The video files are .mkv. Thank you.

have you installed the community codec pack and installed the Panplayer beta PND? That seems to run much better than the standard Mplayer. You might well need to overclock as well to ensure smoothness of playback (I don't know how hard MKV files are on the Pandora CPU!)

panplayer is pretty much the best player right now and you just need the pnd for it.

community codecs will give you mplayer, which work but not as well.

if you want to watch your video by doubleclicking them in the filemanager, then have a look at pnd_utils. along other things, it allow you to link videos with panplayer pnd.

if you dont know where to get panplayer. the appst*re improved a lot lately, but the wiki is still the source i trust more.

http://pandorawiki.org/Software_projects

Last edited by a moderator:
dont expect to play much (if at all) 720p vids on here, but anything lower than that run quite nicely.

Thanks guys, Panplayer defiantly works better. It still does not play as smooth as I would like. Is there an easy way for me to down-grade my already existing videos to a quality that the pandora can easily play?

Back