Volcano?

craigix said:
UPS are using this as an excuse for them delivering nothing this week. It has apparently totally stalled all their operations.

I dunno. It seems like a lot more reasonable excuse than some of the crackpot drivel that comes from the OP team...

Last edited by a moderator:
Better to wait than to lose package in transit. Do you know that there is one country in Europe that didn't close airports? It's Ireland. It is the country just next to that volcano. I suppose that EU is overcautious. Maybe because of recent air crash where the president of Poland died.

cosurgi said:
It's Ireland. It is the country just next to that volcano.

What? Ireland is just next to Iceland in the same way China is right next to Egypt!

craigix said:
UPS are using this as an excuse for them delivering nothing this week. It has apparently totally stalled all their operations.
Makes no sense for me because the package arrived in England before the Volcano dusted all the air above Europe. :huh: So all they need is a Truck I think.
Or was the message days ago, that the package is already into the air just for beeing into the air over USA?

Pleng said:
cosurgi said:
What? Ireland is just next to Iceland in the same way China is right next to Egypt!
I should stop taking a drink right before reading your posts.

Also, don't they say Spaniards have a... fiery temperament?
(...No. I should not have said that.)

EDIT
MSP16319a78if9b64f6h2200005gcah6cd00b713da

MSP21619a78iib1c4gfa6900001fgeab253c1bbh31

MSP22719a78ifdg70c68b0000022665e9hae0eh5d8

Pleng said:
cosurgi said:

You might want to check that out on a map.

Dublin to Reykjavik : 932.5mi (1500.7km)
Cairo to Beijing : 4695.1mi (7556.1km)

Also, between China and Egypt : Mountains. Between Iceland and Ireland : Nothing.

VRAndy said:
Pleng said:
cosurgi said:

You might want to check that out on a map.

Dublin to Reykjavik : 932.5mi (1500.7km)
Cairo to Beijing : 4695.1mi (7556.1km)

Also, between China and Egypt : Mountains. Between Iceland and Ireland : Nothing.
Check that out on a map? Why not:
MSP22719a78ifdg70c68b0000022665e9hae0eh5d8

fusion_power said:
craigix said:
Makes no sense for me because the package arrived in England before the Volcano dusted all the air above Europe. :huh: So all they need is a Truck I think.
Or was the message days ago, that the package is already into the air just for beeing into the air over USA?

I think you are making up facts from speculations. I'm actually sure that I have seen you posting in a german (?) thread where it was speculated that the packages MIGHT have gotten to the UK before, but it was just speculation without any further backup (ED said it - I think -, but he didn't make it look like a fact and just a personal speculation or hope).

fusion_power said:

Right now trucks are probably being used to deliver drugs, food and other urgent stuff; i don't think they want to add avoidable congestion to ground transports at the moment.

It'll give MWeston time to review the cases a bit more though. A whole week though... bit excessive? They've got no excuse if it all blows over in a couple of days.

cosurgi said:
Do you know that there is one country in Europe that didn't close airports? It's Ireland. It is the country just next to that volcano. I suppose that EU is overcautious. Maybe because of recent air crash where the president of Poland died.
The issue is where the ash has blown. Ireland is just outside of the coverage area (map in newspaper, haven't been able to find another online). Iceland itself has an open airport because the airport is a few kilometers west of the volcano, opposite to where the ash is heading.

JayFoxRox said:
I think you are making up facts from speculations. I'm actually sure that I have seen you posting in a german (?) thread where it was speculated that the packages MIGHT have gotten to the UK before, but it was just speculation without any further backup (ED said it - I think -, but he didn't make it look like a fact and just a personal speculation or hope).
I just read like everyone from Craigix and MWeston, that the huge Delivery from USA is already up in the Air. This was some days ago and yes, I just speculated that the Airplane should land somehwere within this week. ;) It's unlikeley that it did so in the middle of the Atlantic so it is still within the USA or already in UK. When it is in the UK I doubt it needs more flying around so I just thought on using Trucks which shouldn't be touched by the Volcano. And I'm sure there is enough free capacity between all the "drugs, food and other urgent stuff". I think this is how Sherlock Holmes would think :lol:

Vlynndar said:
Yes! They could stuff the drugs INSIDE the Pandora cases!

The cases ARE the drugs, why do you think they got them painted? It's an obvious cover up. I bet the paint is hemp based too.

like we say in iceland Britain and the Netherlands were the targets the other countries were just extra :lol: :p
and if you thing this is bad wait for katla to erupt muhah ha ha :p ;)
edit
webcam of the Volcano http://eldgos.mila.is/eyjafjallajokull-fra-thorolfsfelli/

A fucking volcano? Iceland? Aeroplanes? Whaaa? :blink: I didn't even know about it till just now cause as much as I believe journalists remain objective and unbiased when reporting current events :p I dont listen to/watch/read the news very much. Or go outside. Thats where the sun lives :ph34r:

On the bright side, this just means there will be more boards populated and more cases made and painted before the first ones get out. Doesn't it?

Back