What About Testing Other Parts Of The Pandora

borgqueenx

Website
gdteam.net
Well i know the casing of the pandora already takes some time to finish. Always some small bugs and things that needs improving. No one can tell when it will be finally perfect.

Im wondering about the other parts of pandora. What about the stylus, the case(to put pandora in), the tv cable(or is the casing designed to fit the already made tv cable)

Maby the stylus will have a small 1 tiny small bubble on the middle of it, making it not fit into the case anymore...Or what if the case to put pandora in, is 2 centimeters to small.

Im getting tired of the delays, and so is everyone else, and thats why i hope this is really the last thing we are waiting on. the casing of pandora.

Well i know the casing of the pandora already takes some time to finish. Always some small bugs and things that needs improving. No one can tell when it will be finally perfect.

We had almost a quarrel about it in the German forum yesterday. ED is still instisting that the cases to be sent on the weekend are the final ones.

MiniSinisterMinister said:

We had almost a quarrel about it in the German forum yesterday. ED is still instisting that the cases to be sent on the weekend are the final ones.

Got a link for me?
And what weekend are you/is he talking about? I'm assuming that of the 9th and 10th.

Last edited by a moderator:
What I can gather from that is that the processor is the same chip, but clocked at 720 MHz. And that the one we have runs at 800 MHz without trouble.
Also that Chinese New Year in february is no problem, because if the cases are good, they could make 30000 before that.
Apparently the narrowed LCD slot would cause extreme manufactoring delays and would likely result in more pandoras with non-working screens than working pandoras.
The cases Michael has reviewed now are to see if everything fits as they are supposed to, and that couldn't be better.
There are only some beautymarks now, and those are being corrected now.

That I what I get from the post Mali linked.

Vlynndar said:
What I can gather from that is that the processor is the same chip, but clocked at 720 MHz. And that the one we have runs at 800 MHz without trouble.
Also that Chinese New Year in february is no problem, because if the cases are good, they could make 30000 before that.
Apparently the narrowed LCD slot would cause extreme manufactoring delays and would likely result in more pandoras with non-working screens than working pandoras.
The cases Michael has reviewed now are to see if everything fits as they are supposed to, and that couldn't be better.
There are only some beautymarks now, and those are being corrected now.

That I what I get from the post Mali linked.
Cheers for the rough translation. I tried running it through Babelfish but it didn't really help this time :)

Thank You Ed, your updates are always the best! :lol: Even with the rough translations, it's enough to calm the savage beast! Thanks for the link Mali! I might actually see my Pandora in "2 weeks"! ;)

Chris

borgqueenx said:
so what about other parts of pandora? the stylus ect.
The stylus fits ok

Whats this about the CPU running at 720Mhz standard??
Is this just a setting in the "bios" or just the newer factory ones that are the same are clocked higher?
Can we have our Pandoras as 720Mhz standard too?

kingoddball said:
Is this just a setting in the "bios" or just the newer factory ones that are the same are clocked higher?

If you ever had a GP32 or a GP2X, you can set the cpu to any clock you want, and it was either part of the program or a program itself. Whether it works right after you changed it is up to the unit's stability itself.

kingoddball said:
The "bios" is just a bunch of registers that can be set, even during run time (usually).
The CPU used to be rated at 600Mhz max. The registers could be set to run it higher than that, but Texas Instruments couldn't guarantee that it would function beyond that 600Mhz. One of the current beliefs is that TI started running tests and realized that their CPUs were a lot more stable than they had previously realized, so they decided they could guarantee they run at 720 now, instead of just 600. It's the same part (or so some of us believe, I haven't heard anything official from TI yet) just they can guarantee it for a higher clock speed.

kingoddball said:

No, the cpus have been ordered long ago... 600MHZ is all that guaranteed.

borgqueenx said:
Im wondering about the other parts of pandora ... the tv cable(or is the casing designed to fit the already made tv cable)
This is just a guess, but I think the AV cable will clip into the EXT port itself, with no reliance on the surrounding case. Same way a USB cable doesn't need to latch on to your PC/Mac's glossy outer coating; it just attaches to the plug that's already soldered to the PCB. :) If I'm right about that, then we know it's sorted already.

No, the cpus have been ordered long ago... 600MHZ is all that guaranteed.

I infer from this that all CPU's standard speed is 600MHZ, all can go up to 720MHZ, and only some can go up even further e.g. 800MHZ and only a tiny minority (maybe one in one hundred) can go up to 900MHZ. Just like the GP2X that had 200MHZ as a standard, could go up to 220MHZ and everything exceeding that clock speed became more unlikely the higher you went (300MHZ being the ceiling).

Back