What Should The Pandora App Store Be Named?

j6cubic said:
That applies to anything but "Pandora Application Store". Unless it also carries things that aren't Pandora applications.
This is correct.

I suppose that Craig And The Gang are going to expand that App Store to other devices. That Pandora Cube thingy seems to be half-way decided and who knows what will happen on the way to world domination. The company is called Open Pandora, so...

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
HackModford said:
What about Craig's List? :)
No! We'll call it like the Pirate's Bay. But because this one is legitimate we drop the "Pirate's". And because it's electronic we call it the E-Bay. Man, coming up with original names sure is easy!

Tripmonkey_uk said:
Mr.Confuzed said:
Tripmonkey_uk said:
Community Chest because It makes way for more jokes like it did with Pandoras Box ;)
In that case, why don't we go all out and call it Pandora's Chest?
Because then it would be too obvious ;)
Pandora's Community Chest :lol:

Now that I've thought about it, Yours is WAY funnier.

atomicthumbs said:
OpenPandora Ltd. Application Software Requisitioning and Author Compensation Method 1A
You win!

I would go for "The pndStore", "Pandora AppStore" or maybe just "PAL" which means "Pandora Application Library".

The Source

Because there is no app store.

The app store does not exist, its just an artificial construct designed to
stop you from realizing everything is just compiled from a bunch of source files.

Apps will neither be bought nor sold, but (re)compiled as needed.

mali said:
The Open Pandora App Store

It's so simple :rolleyes:

Seriously why are people overcomplicating things? "The Open Pandora App Store" sounds perfect or T.O.P.A.S....
IDK, I really don't care what they call it, people make too much of a big deal out of simple unimportant things like this, just like the .pnd vs .box thread...its a freakin extension! Who cares?
I guess the forums are too quiet and people feel like talking about anything... now.

(naw)mcx said:
liquidphantom said:
Application Repository and Social Enterprise

aka ARSE

I think ARSE is awesome. Fits in perfectly.
It's briliant. Every dev would have a personal store called myARSE where they can stick things...

Pandora's Chest would be fine =/

But I guess we could go on with Pirate Bay as well (or Tortuga, the legendary Pirate Island, with lots of pirate bays =P)

Since I am a fan of the Ubuntu repo, I would suggest Pandysnaptic as well =P

Back