What software are we still missing on Pandora? (A Wish List)

Pandora act as a Bluetooth HID Device => Keyboard,Mouse, Joystick

That one get's my support.
And Wiimote would be nice too - meaning that the Pandora is pretending to be a wiimote. Normal input like dpad and buttons would be sufficient. But other things to play with could also be fun, like using the Nubs to emulate the Balanceboard.

On Topic.

A synchronization tool could be nice

A music player that uses the DSP to (hopefully) reduce CPU activity to a minimum and allow 30+ hours of music playing with the lid shut.

We need an easy way to associate file types with whatever program we want. For example, I want to launch Audacious when I double click an mp3, but nothing I have tried has worked.

Last edited by a moderator:
720p is supposed to work. Also the power usage is very low.

Last edited by a moderator:
I made a try under Slackware, all installs fine after some CFLAGS and Makefile editions, but i have:

Code:
gst-launch filesrc location=./big_buck_bunny_480p_surround-fix.avi ! avidemux name=demux demux.video_00 ! queue ! dspvdec ! omapfbsink demux.audio_00 ! queue ! ffdec_ac3 ! audioconvert ! osssink

WARNING: erroneous pipeline: no element "ffdec_ac3"

:/

I made a try under Slackware, all installs fine after some CFLAGS and Makefile editions, but i have:

Code:
gst-launch filesrc location=./big_buck_bunny_480p_surround-fix.avi ! avidemux name=demux demux.video_00 ! queue ! dspvdec ! omapfbsink demux.audio_00 ! queue ! ffdec_ac3 ! audioconvert ! osssink

WARNING: erroneous pipeline: no element "ffdec_ac3"

:/
Try using a52dec instead of ffdec_ac3 and if even that doesn't work, then you need to compile more gstreamer plugins.

I meant, do we expect to get 720 p videos to be working through the DSP ? Any idea of the performance we can get?

I'd just like to understand if its a game changer for anything.
I don't know if 720p videos are playable or not, but the h264 decoder only supports baseline profile, so if the video is encoded with higher profile it won't work. (See this wikipedia page for explanation of profiles.)

Back