What software are we still missing on Pandora? (A Wish List)

@Caine:

We've got TEX live...

and LYX.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thunderbird e-mail client

grpn RPN calculator (HP emulators do a bit too well at emulating the HP calculators, including the power save shut down. They are also overkill most of the time)

gthumb image viewer

grpn RPN calculator (HP emulators do a bit too well at emulating the HP calculators, including the power save shut down. They are also overkill most of the time)

gthumb image viewer
Thunderbird sucks. Clawsmail is a much better fit for the Pandora.

Any chance that Flightgear would work on Pandora?

A portable flight simulator would be amazing  :D

Source code is available but I am not sure regarding dependencies:

http://www.flightgear.org/download/source-code/
I haven't looked at Flight Gear yet, but I have ported "Sabre" some time ago. It's an old combat sim, but I haven't packaged it because it lack sound, so not sure it will interesset peoples (and I don't plan to add sound myself).

Any chance that Flightgear would work on Pandora?

A portable flight simulator would be amazing  :D

Source code is available but I am not sure regarding dependencies:

http://www.flightgear.org/download/source-code/
I haven't looked at Flight Gear yet, but I have ported "Sabre" some time ago. It's an old combat sim, but I haven't packaged it because it lack sound, so not sure it will interesset peoples (and I don't plan to add sound myself).
Looks interesting ptitSeb - Do you have the time to package it?

I'll try to do something. I still had a few detail to arrange (mainly 800x480 doens't look good, you cannot see the panel, so I have to fallback to 640x480, because default 320x200 is too small), have to check to the keys, and the menu (probably have to do some zenity). Maybe in the middle of the week, I'll put a beta in the forum, not in the repo.

I'll try to do something. I still had a few detail to arrange (mainly 800x480 doens't look good, you cannot see the panel, so I have to fallback to 640x480, because default 320x200 is too small), have to check to the keys, and the menu (probably have to do some zenity). Maybe in the middle of the week, I'll put a beta in the forum, not in the repo.
Thanks in advance ptitSeb.  I appreciate your efforts.

Flightgear is a very heavy program. I doubt it would run well on Pandora, it's already lagging severaly on a 5 years old Laptop with graphics card.
Ok ekianjo.  Worth a shot I suppose.

gthumb image viewer
I'm trying to do that. Quite a lot of dependancies here (and my dev. SDCard is getting full).
So I have an almost ok build of gthumb. It feature almost everything (camera connection, Web functionnalities, Slideshow, light editing of pictures), only thing missing is CD Burner support (don't think it's usefull for this kind of software)

Just some resizing to do, because the main windows is a little to big to fit the pandora screen...

gthumb image viewer
Is there an Outlook client for Clawsmail? If not, Clawsmail is useless to me.

gthumb image viewer
I'm trying to do that. Quite a lot of dependancies here (and my dev. SDCard is getting full).
So I have an almost ok build of gthumb. It feature almost everything (camera connection, Web functionnalities, Slideshow, light editing of pictures), only thing missing is CD Burner support (don't think it's usefull for this kind of software)

Just some resizing to do, because the main windows is a little to big to fit the pandora screen...
Good to hear.

gThumb is the only image viewer I know of that does not insist on "importing" pictures, & can play videos as part of its slide show, so pictures & videos can be viewed with on tool in chronological order.

gthumb image viewer
Is there an Outlook client for Clawsmail? If not, Clawsmail is useless to me.
Why do you need outlook? For work?

gthumb image viewer
Good to hear.
gThumb is the only image viewer I know of that does not insist on "importing" pictures, & can play videos as part of its slide show, so pictures & videos can be viewed with on tool in chronological order.
Just ported the latest version of geeqie on the repo, its a picture viewer that needs no import either.it does slideshow too. It does not play videos as far as i know.

Back