What System Do You Want Emulated First?

i know, i know... but I think the first system emulated should be PS1, as a huge PR statement

NOTE THE DATE OF THIS THREAD IF YOU ARE READING FROM HERE ON.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to see these Emu's Ported
1. Genesis/Megadrive
2. Snes
3. GBA/C
4. N64
5. PS1

I just want to be able to take Sonic, Mario, Chakan, And Jeffery(My 7th Saga character) On the go. Maybe some Pokemon also for my cousin.

scientist said:
i know, i know... but I think the first system emulated should be PS1, as a huge PR statement
Lets emulate the Ds so we can Emulate the Ipod running Ipod Linux emulating a GB which is playing super Mario bros.

Now that would be a statement

TheLonelyGod said:
scientist said:
Lets emulate the Ds so we can Emulate the Ipod running Ipod Linux emulating a GB which is playing super Mario bros.

Now that would be a statement

How can DS emulate iPod when iPod has a faster CPU?

Exophase said:
How can DS emulate iPod when iPod has a faster CPU?
'tis fairly tongue in cheek, see below. :)

pandoradsql6.png

(The iPod app on DS is real for the record, but it's not much more than a media player skin. It most certainly doesn't run Linux :lol:)

Amiga
Snes - Just for Mario Kart, Super Mario World and the unique feel to the Street fighter 2 games on it.
NeoGeo
PSX
Mame
CPS1,2 and 3
C64/Vic20

On a non-emulation front I'd like to see a decent port of Secret Maryo Chronicles. The games coming into it's own these days and the level editor would rock with touch screen :)

For me, in order of priority:

1) Neo Geo
2) Amiga 1200
3) Mame
4) Pc Engine

Will full speed NeoGeo and Amiga emulation be a possibility? If so then I will certainly buy a unit when the final build is ready, and know for certain a lot of people I know will as well.

Given the state of psx4gp2x a psx emulator for pandora should be possible at launch and I really want to play some metal gear or gran turismo on the go!

N64 would be cool as well...

And the bunch of emus we have right now on the gp2x.

[edit]
Actually the front end is one of the things which I look forward most. I think that emulators should NOT be treated as separate applications. I would prefer to have lists of games (with covers / coverflow) and select the game from a global menu. The emulator is just an interpreter and should therefore not be treated as seperate apps. I think this approach will be more clear for less technical users (for example my girl friend ;)).

Dunno if any of the devs read this but it's something which could be improved on the gp2x as well.

I suppose the emulators could be worked to support command-line parameters (in a pre-specified format) to immediately launch games from a third-party General Game Launcher ™. But still, that could be a potential problem for configuring.

Forgot that I'd also like Vectrex emulation as it's one of the consoles that I've never had any hands on time with.. hint, hint Squidge ;)

Is there any news on software for the emulators to use like Kaillera. I know the Pandora should be able to do 2 player networking for the emulators through the USB (or USB/Ethernet adaptor), but what about over the WiFi connection?.
Software like that would give the system a huge edge over any other handheld IMHO.

EDIT: OpenKaillera might be a good start if anyone's interested?

Clad said:
All the other companies are making new gen PPC based amigas, such as the Amiga One, the Genesis, the Efika (altough neither AmigaOS nor MorphOS are available on that yet) and the yet to be released Samantha, with probable AmigaOS support.

Samankta (aka SAM) has been available for some time. The AmigaOS will most likely never be available for it, or in fact any other hardware, as a rediculous legal debate enrages over it. Yes two companies are spending many times the budget of the Pandora project over and OS that has no real value attached to it! Which is a shame because, when OS4 was ready it was actually kind of good (from what I have heard). If only all that money from legal battles could have been spend on further developing it!!!!

It makes me cringe!

foleyjo said:
craigix said:
Amiga for me all the way. I'm sure some of you can tell we have tried to get some of the spirit of the amiga in to the pandora.
You should make it run Amiga OS

See my last post re legal battles. Not to mention that the source of AmigaOS isn't available and is not terribly portable.

AROS would be a better option, though it certainly wouldn't allow the play of 95% of Amiga games, which were notorious for avoiding the OS completely.

The best you could hope for is somebody porting the almost as ancient AmiWM for linux and using it as a base for the the official/an alternative front end. I'd go for it!

Pleng said:
foleyjo said:
craigix said:
Amiga for me all the way. I'm sure some of you can tell we have tried to get some of the spirit of the amiga in to the pandora.
You should make it run Amiga OS

See my last post re legal battles. Not to mention that the source of AmigaOS isn't available and is not terribly portable.

AROS would be a better option, though it certainly wouldn't allow the play of 95% of Amiga games, which were notorious for avoiding the OS completely.

The best you could hope for is somebody porting the almost as ancient AmiWM for linux and using it as a base for the the official/an alternative front end. I'd go for it!

Actually, the best we can hope for is a really solid port of UAE. Critical did a good job with UAE4All on the GP2x. Hopefully with Pandora's extra power he can speed up some of the slow games and maybe improve compatibility.

naples39 said:
I also find it kind of ironic that several people in this thread are calling for a Saturn emulator, yet over in the emulated games thread, there is hardly any mention of people wanting to play an actual Saturn title.
Well the Saturn and Dreamcast were the last 'next-gen' consoles that had, IMHO, and decent playable games on them, that last of the systems bearing 'simple games with decent graphics', rather than the 'lets cane the graphics chips and put so many different control options in that it takes a week to even learn the game before you finally realise your not even having fun' type of game.

I there aren't probably very many people who share this view but anyhow...

The games for the Saturn that I really would love to play on the move, in order of excellence IMHO, are:

NiGHTS into dreams
Daytona Champion Curcit Edition
Christmas Nights
Saga Rally
Virtua Fighters Remix
Virtua Fighter
Virtua Fighter II
Virtua Racing
Road Rash

I would probably put Fighters Megamix into that list, but I've never plaed it so it would be unfair.

I know there are other 3D fighters and racers but none come close, for me personally, to those listed above.

Namco's Ridge Racer, while not in the same playablility league as Daytona, is a welcome companion in its absence. There is nothing close to the Virtua Fighter series that has the same beautifally simplistic gameplay, and there has never been anything remotely like NiGHTS on any system since.

Road Rash is of course a direct port of the 3DO version, so it should be possible to see that on Pandora at some point.

Back