While Waiting... What Would You Like To See?

wil hood said:
Exile on amiga

YES. This is a game that will greatly take advantage of the Pandora's controls.

I would also, selfishly, enjoy seeing H.E.R.O. on c64...

Last edited by a moderator:
Would be funny to see an Open Pandora version of 'Will it blend?' at this point... :p Maybe in Spanish for extra cheers?

matzesu said:
Would love a video from the assembly Prozess too, because there are some diverents from the white prototyphe like the wlan cable etc,

whe dont have the live stream, but a quic video would be nice..

+1 for a bit of video of the assembly process :)

While I can't do a video of the assembly line, I can certainly do one which shows all steps involved in assembly from the beginning to the end, including our testings, so you can see what your Pandora has to go through before you receive it :)

Nice idea.

Will also try and gather the games you mentioned here for videos.

I'd love to see more PS1 games emulated. My all time fav is Final Fantasy Tactics, and I'll have a huge nerdgasm if I see that running on the Pandora.

I'm sure the PS1 emulator needs more development, but I think I'm somewhere near #4000 in line, so I'll just wait patiently and dream :)

Garg said:
I'd love to see more PS1 games emulated. My all time fav is Final Fantasy Tactics, and I'll have a huge nerdgasm if I see that running on the Pandora.

I'm sure the PS1 emulator needs more development, but I think I'm somewhere near #4000 in line, so I'll just wait patiently and dream :)

Yep, this one. Maybe some of the best looking games (for their time), like Fear Effect or FFIX for the PSX, just to show off some eye candy? In general, I love content-rich games... so maybe Phantasmagoria on DOS too? Vintage stuff sure is exciting also... Alley Cat (DOS) or Pitfall (Atari 2600)?

Oh my, with our little Pandas we get such a large variety of options I can't make up my mind :lol: .

EvilDragon said:
While I can't do a video of the assembly line, I can certainly do one which shows all steps involved in assembly...
I'd be interested to see the reverse - a disassembly video.

How about some brief tutorials to show how easy (or otherwise ;) ) some common tasks are ? Including some links in the wiki to the vids would make these a useful intro for new Pandora owners when they get one. Things like putting the OS on SD and booting from it, downloading and installing stuff from Angstrom Repos, erm... I'm sure people can think of other ones.

I would love to see some x86 emulation. Dosbox attempting to run carmageddon or blood or something that would be really taxing on the emulator. Or perhaps some qemu/wine video would be awesome (if anyone has it running yet). If none of that is possible, OMF2097 would be great to see on a pandora.

I can attest that OMF2097 is great fun on the Pandora. ;) When I set it up just to test if it would run okay I wound up playing it. Looked at the clock and it was several hours later, whoops!

sold said:
I would love to see some x86 emulation. Dosbox attempting to run carmageddon or blood or something that would be really taxing on the emulator. Or perhaps some qemu/wine video would be awesome (if anyone has it running yet). If none of that is possible, OMF2097 would be great to see on a pandora.
Camageddon required a Pentium 90 and 16 MB memory. How is DOSBOX (which typically can emulate a 386 machine or a low spec 486 machine) going to be anywhere near fast enough? My Pandora is struggeling to be fast enough to run Warcraft 2.

For PS1: FF Tactics, Metal Gear Solid, Valkyrie Profile, Final Fantasies VIII and IX.
For N64: Zeldas OoT and MM, GoldenEye... I actually wanted to know how optimized this emulador is. In N64 emulators for Windows, we have the ability to switch the game textures for highrez versions. Perhaps that would be possible to a certain level on the Pandora?
Other cool stuff would include the full assembly and test procedures, some TV-Out showing off and, as someone mentioned before, some FULL webbrowsing (I mean a little Youtube, some flashgames and such)

mrdremel .. fwiw, someone (Pickle?) ported Wargus, which is a fan-made engine for RTSW games, with a Warcraft module; ie: it loads up ytour original WC2 art/audio/etc, and will play the game pretty darned close to the original (but obviously a little different AI and such.) Runs great, since its not emulated.

jeff

I would like to see Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon run in dosbox.

And what the Pandora looks like worn as a hat while playing the Circus Renz melody.

If you're short on time just skip dosbox, who cares anyway.

Back