Wikipad quad core tegra 3 $199 tablet

Some news on the Wikipad on slashgear:

The story is interesting about the processor it will use and the comment on what the Ouya will use (supposedly the T33 which runs at 1.6GHz per core)

http://www.slashgear...omise-30240904/

Last edited by a moderator:
These guys are more interested in having parties and marketing spin than generating a product... Not sure we'll see this one anytime soon.

Pity but i have to agree vapourware hope someone makes a universal bluetooth controller dock like there's for the nexus 7

Yep, the cotton candy and the Wikipad are both on my vapour ware watch. 50/50 I reckon

Yep, the cotton candy and the Wikipad are both on my vapour ware watch. 50/50 I reckon
Problem with companies like this is hype and no product for 10 months thats how the nexus 7 is doing so well just heard of this 1 month ago and it was retail available sound familiar? also cotton candy is obsolete now dual core vs quad not worth 200 dollars

I wouldn't be shocked if the product 3 release is just the wikipad controls that attach to a tablet.

tegra is crap...Their marketing is good I must admit tho...if you want a good ARM soc, the exynos is the way to go especially the 4412 and the next 5250 will be better imo.
I own the prime and nexus 7 and can honestly say your comment has no solid ground to stand on tegra may not be the fastest availiabe but can hold its own against the best.

This is good, I like the look of wikipad and if I can use my PSN ID on it and my games, bonus.

The 10" Wikipad is now available for pre-order . Will be available at Gamestop on Oct 31 for $499.

Looks like they have struck a deal with Gaikai for streaming video games.

Check the Slashgear story here: http://www.slashgear...tober-07246439/

Right, who wants to buy my Aoson Wopad or Versus Touchpad? :)

...I will be wanting this Wikipad

So the $199 tablet is really a $499 tablet, can't see it setting the world on fire at that price. They would probably be in a better position if they'd just concentrated on making a universal tablet dock with gaming controls.

What are these 'GameStop' stores?

Got a website?

I see gamestop .com is a host reserve page only. The .co.uk version looks like some other online store and has no mention of Wikipad at all.

Are these some chain of shops in the US, they have a site?

Ah ok, so that is the UK version of their site I had looked at.

Probably just no news of it at all until they take pre-orders then ... will check again tonight.

cheers

$499 ha F%&k off wikipad overpriced and won't be getting my cash the archos gamepad is looking better by the minute

Back