Will <Insert Name Here> Work On The Pandora?

Vorporeal

Yes, no, I, this is.
Website
Visit site
Way back when (in the days of old when Chip was an active member of the Pandora forums), there was a massive "Port Requests" thread. This was the catch-all thread for people wondering about compatibility, whether someone would port some application or another, etc. I'm making this thread as a new "Port Requests" thread, as the impending mass-production and delivery (and new publicity) has brought about a slew of new members who want to make sure their favorite game or program will work on the Pandora.

That aside, here's the old thread. To new members: do not post in that thread! If you've got a question about a port or compatibility issue, search that thread to make sure it hasn't been asked already. You can search a thread by scrolling down to the bottom and using the "Search Topic:" box. If it hasn't been asked before, feel free to ask it here. (If there is new work being done on the project you're asking about, the compatibility with the Pandora may have changed, so feel free to ask it again.)

This should cut down on the number of port request threads flooding General talk, should provide a good place for new members to ask their burning questions, and should cut down on much of the new member/old member tensions.

Go!

Results:
Emulators - Depends - Check here. It's not the most up-to-date, but it's a good starting point. Anything newer than N64/PSX/DC (in terms of consoles) is a guaranteed no. DS/PSP are possible. Saturn is unlikely.
(yes, there's more coming. i've got class)

P.S.: Mods, you might want to preemptively lock the old port request thread before someone grave-digs it.

EDIT: Before anyone asks this: Yes, I do know that it is linked to in the information index, but new members obviously don't read it, and, as we all know (and remind newbies constantly), it's better to make a new thread linking to the old one than grave-dig the old one. Having a port requests topic actively on the front page is, IMO, a good thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I might as well be the first to ask:
Will Craigix work on the Pandora?

chip was a nice man.

also no one will ever read this thread, theres no way to make people stop asking stupid questions.

PoisonedV said:
chip was a nice man.

I didn't say otherwise in my post.

IIRC, you weren't a big fan back then... ;)

an NDS emulator considering if its made from scratch? from ports? I'm asking because their is a lot of conflicting theories on the many topics on NDS. Although it might not help to make this post, know that I'm asking for a detailed answer.

Raz said:
an NDS emulator considering if its made from scratch? from ports? I'm asking because their is a lot of conflicting theories on the many topics on NDS. Although it might not help to make this post, know that I'm asking for a detailed answer
What are you talking about?

Username said:
Raz said:
an NDS emulator considering if its made from scratch? from ports? I'm asking because their is a lot of conflicting theories on the many topics on NDS. Although it might not help to make this post, know that I'm asking for a detailed answer
What are you talking about?

Translation:

Will a port of an existing DS emulator work on the Pandora (presumably fast enough to be playable), or would one need to be developed from scratch? I ask this question because the information relating to NDS emulation on the Pandora is widely distributed and I don't know who to trust for reliable information.

Answer: search for Exophase's posts on the subject; he's said more about it than almost anyone else...but it may be suggestive that Cpasjuste ported an existing emulator and without optimization, framerate was very low.

Xian Long said:
yeah i think cpas got 10 fps or something like that

IIRC it was more like 5, but either way, getting a frame speed above 1-2 fps with a straight port is better than most people expected, I think. The general consensus (again, IIRC) was that a playable (or semi-playable) emulator might be possible with a lot of time and a good coder or two.

Zero3K said:
Will SPlayer (http://www.splayer.org) work on the Pandora?
It claims to be open-source. If we can actually navigate their less-than-decent site and come back alive with the code, there's a decent chance it will work... Except for the x86-only optimizations and DirectX stuff.

We have VLC anyway, they sound like the same thing.

lulzfish said:
Zero3K said:
Will SPlayer (http://www.splayer.org) work on the Pandora?
It claims to be open-source. If we can actually navigate their less-than-decent site and come back alive with the code, there's a decent chance it will work... Except for the x86-only optimizations and DirectX stuff.

We have VLC anyway, they sound like the same thing.

if you go down to the very bottom of their homepage you can find a link to their source code. but beware, the next page is in chinese. using my skill in the language i think i was able to get to the source code

Back