Will The Pandora Be Finished And Ship By May Of 2010

Will Pandora be Ready by 05/2010?

• Total voters

sounds great, thanks for the quick updates, the demands for updates are heavy when stuff is actually happening. haha.

dont miss my adress changing question the previous page

craigix said:
The first units are shipping TOMORROW. Not thousands, just a few to selected devs and team members.

I presume that obviously I am the exception to the rule, as it's my birthday tomorrow... Did I mention that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Peri27 said:
I bet more in May 2010 ....

I do not buy the lies ....

Greetings.

Oh, can I guess which forum you're from?

Michael is building the first units right now with the early 105 boards. Tomorrow he will send them out. Ed will probably make you some nice photos and an unboxing video.

Ohnoes! Panic! I have to change my adress! I've had like months to do it... I always wait to the last minute. Exciting times!!!!!!! HURRAY!

oh god, it is really happening :-||

That really is great news!

Everyone start the party now ;)

gibberish said:
craigix, do these cases have the production matte finish on them?

They are more shiney, you can't do the matt finish on small runs. So I guess these cases will be known as MK0 units and very rare.

craigix said:
gibberish said:
craigix, do these cases have the production matte finish on them?

They are more shiney, you can't do the matt finish on small runs. So I guess these cases will be known as MK0 units and very rare.

ok. im glad, cause i really like a matte finish and these didnt look like they had it.

Its all coming together nicely :p

Looks like 14 months of waiting is finally paying off!

Roll on pictures and video. Hopefully Michael will get some preliminary stuff up and Evildragon will do some nice high quality stuff.

Now... wheres Skeezix with the ST emulator... I need to play Captive badly...

Fantastic. I'm going to bed now, knowing that all is right in the world

Sorry. But at this point, expecting a release relatively soon just kinda makes everyone who voted yes look like a complete joke. Yes this is a pessimistic post, but can you blame me? I want Pandora to come as much as anyone, but I've learned not to expect too much in the way of "deadline meeting."

fretfrenzy182 said:
Sorry. But at this point, expecting a release relatively soon just kinda makes everyone who voted yes look like a complete joke. Yes this is a pessimistic post, but can you blame me? I want Pandora to come as much as anyone, but I've learned not to expect too much in the way of "deadline meeting."

"tommorow" is hardly a deadline

craigix said:
The first units are shipping TOMORROW. Not thousands, just a few to selected devs and team members.
Those are from the 105 test/developer units, I assume?
I understand that those are an important part of the process, and very exciting to you, but to us they're just yet another iteration of dev units.

When are final, real, customer units expected to start shipping?

craigix said:

That ... that doesn't count! :p

When are the first ones going out to those that pre-ordered and PAID for them? :p

EDIT: Snap! Didn't see VRAndy's post. :p

VRAndy said:

Craig said that Michael, after assembling the dev units and looking over the parts, will know tomorrow if the cases are final.

craigix said:
You will have to wait until tomorrow.

They can then place the order for the first 1000 cases which can be done quickly then fitted with the final boards in TX and then shipped out to us as they are manufactured. If all is okay, the first 1000 preorderers will have their Pandora and the rest shortly after Christmas. :D

Ninja'd
sho-kosugi-ninja.jpg

VRAndy said:
craigix said:
Those are from the 105 test/developer units, I assume?
I understand that those are an important part of the process, and very exciting to you, but to us they're just yet another iteration of dev units.

This is kind of how I feel. With the exception that I am very relieved to finally see these pieces as final plastic parts. I mean, we have been waiting *months* to see these things. We also know that the production boards are being assembled, and things are basically on track for the Christmas delivery that we have been promised by OP. We have not really gotten an update saying that any of the MP boards are finished, and these cases haven't been green-lighted yet. But, as of this second, things look like they're on track.

Back