Will The Pandora Be Finished And Ship By May Of 2010

Will Pandora be Ready by 05/2010?

• Total voters

Voted "maybe" because May 2010 seems to be outside the two-month period; there's no telling if it will still be come May 2010.

craigix said:
gibberish said:
craigix, do these cases have the production matte finish on them?

They are more shiney, you can't do the matt finish on small runs. So I guess these cases will be known as MK0 units and very rare.
save them and secretly sell them on eBay in three years as a prototype case

Last edited by a moderator:
Sugar_Kane said:
craigix said:
The first units are shipping TOMORROW. Not thousands, just a few to selected devs and team members.

I presume that obviously I am the exception to the rule, as it's my birthday tomorrow... Did I mention that?

hey, then yikes

i had my birthday today when the first MK0 Pandora Was born!

BTW dont tell me youre using those hex keyed screws on the panda, I HATE EM!!!!
(if it is just the IMG resolution the NVM)

DroneB Dev said:

The ones on the upper half look like torx to me.

fischju2000 said:
DroneB Dev said:

The ones on the upper half look like torx to me.
i would place my bet on Hex, or for the worst Tri screws (nintendo ones with triangles)

i dont think its torx since torx is not recomended for such a small dimensions

Customer units should be shipping before Christmas as said. We just need to give Michael some time to evaluate these cases. Remember it has to be right, no matter what.

craigix said:
Customer units should be shipping before Christmas as said. We just need to give Michael some time to evaluate these cases. Remember it has to be right, no matter what.

Quick question Craigix... How many cases are there to fit to those 105 boards? If there are 105 (which I doubt) will those go to customers? Or just devs? I'm assuming devs and the customers need to wait for the first 1000? Thank You

Finally an end is being brought to the two months of turmoil.

Now, all I need to know is if the first 1000 are done and shipped by Christmas what the plans for the rest are. I haven't seen anything mentioned as to the 2nd 1000 and beyond. How much down time is there for the rest of the boards and cases? When is the 2nd 1000 expected to begin production? I should be around the 3000+ Mark and am curious if there's going to be days/weeks etc in between each sub-batch.
Also, will they in fact, without a doubt be shipped form the Texas facility to US customers?

I am just about to the cutoff date I had promised my wife, but this news (when clarified) should easily get me the extension. She said she couldn't ask me to cancel if it really was that close to shipping. She knows how long I have waited for this device and how badly I want it so she's trying to understand. So please Craig, throw me a bone here and tell me what you expect (and no they don't have to be concrete dates, just what you expect based on given information if the cases arrive and the first 1000 ship before Christmas. Which coincidentally was the condition of my keeping my order, if they ship the first 1000 before Christmas)

Thanks.

Poem58 said:
Now, all I need to know is if the first 1000 are done and shipped by Christmas what the plans for the rest are. I haven't seen anything mentioned as to the 2nd 1000 and beyond. How much down time is there for the rest of the boards and cases? When is the 2nd 1000 expected to begin production? I should be around the 3000+ Mark and am curious if there's going to be days/weeks etc in between each sub-batch.
I'm also wondering about this, I think I'm not on the very top either. How long until all 4000 are out the door if the case is ok?

second exodous said:
Poem58 said:
I'm also wondering about this, I think I'm not on the very top either. How long until all 4000 are out the door if the case is ok?

Sturatt said:
craigix said:
Phawx said:
Why don't you need the cases for 12 days?

We might need them before if the boards are finished on time.

Good thing it's looking like we will get them (the first 1000) late next week. Fingers crossed.

Do you foresee a big delay between the first 1000 and the rest?

craigix said:
Just Christmas.
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/50681-drudge-report/page__view__findpost__p__780324

craigix said:
Customer units should be shipping before Christmas as said. We just need to give Michael some time to evaluate these cases.

If true : Woo-Hoo!

Congrats you lucky bastard!!!

gigity.gif

Back