Will The Pandora Be Finished And Ship By May Of 2010

Will Pandora be Ready by 05/2010?

• Total voters

fraseyboy said:
I sure hope so. I'm going to Japan in late March. If it's not done by then I may just cancel.

You know that'll be pretty close. as of today the expected shiping date is march, 21.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, after the first units start shipping. How long will take to ship all the 4k?

Awakening said:
hosant said:
So, after the first units start shipping. How long will take to ship all the 4k?
I would guesstimate 2-3 weeks, 4 at worst :)
1000 units per week ? at worst ? <_<

Deed said:
1000 units per week ? at worst ? :rolleyes:
I believe I recall the number 350/day being thrown about.

WizardStan said:
Deed said:
I wonder if that was my calculation based on some quite loose number, I did one a while back. We really don't know much about the assembly process but from the video where ED put one together we guessed the time it would take to assemble one unit. Craig mentioned 4 workers so it was pretty easy to make an estimation from that. We don't know how they will handle the finished units and other things. I would guess that assembly takes about 2 weeks but we have no idea on shipping procedures.

Back in mid 08 we wanted to know when it would ship. I think Aug 15th was quoted...

We didn't know then and kept guessing. And asking. And guessing. And stressing.

It's easier to chill and wait. Then one day we will all be pleasantly surprised. :)

Awakening said:
WizardStan said:
Deed said:
I wonder if that was my calculation based on some quite loose number, I did one a while back. We really don't know much about the assembly process but from the video where ED put one together we guessed the time it would take to assemble one unit. Craig mentioned 4 workers so it was pretty easy to make an estimation from that. We don't know how they will handle the finished units and other things. I would guess that assembly takes about 2 weeks but we have no idea on shipping procedures.
IIRC MW said somearround 800 need to use search button now

oh my. I thought the Pandora would ship this month> ): There are 9 days left though. :D But even if mass production starts this month i ordered my pandora in late july 09, so i probably won't get mine untill Febuary anyway. Meh, unless a new awesome handheld device comes out i don't mind waiting.

hch said:
fraseyboy said:
I sure hope so. I'm going to Japan in late March. If it's not done by then I may just cancel.

You know that'll be pretty close. as of today the expected shiping date is march, 21.

March 21? well then, i'll get mine around July then...

aesir911 said:
hch said:
fraseyboy said:

But today it's now expected to be shipped on March 22 ;)

fischju2000 said:
DroneB Dev said:
BTW dont tell me youre using those hex keyed screws on the panda, I HATE EM!!!!
(if it is just the IMG resolution the NVM)

The ones on the upper half look like torx to me.
This came up a while ago, I don't believe we got an answer... there was even a unofficial poll on what people wanted them to be. I do hope they are torx, simply one of the best options... if you strip a torx, you're doing something very wrong. The only real problem with Torx is the amount of depth the head takes up. I have to say, most of the high quality gear I have use torx though.

Yeah, I tend to agree - torx aren't 'security' screws by any means these days; and they're so much better than phillips heads. But as long as the screws aren't the 'strip-if-you-look-at-em-funny' cheap-ass kind I'll be happy.

People who use tri-wing screws deserve to be launched by catapult, of course (even though I have an appropriate screwdriver.)

Awakening said:
aesir911 said:
hch said:
fraseyboy said:

But today it's now expected to be shipped on March 22 ;)

thus why i won't receive mine till july...

Back