Will you buy a pandora 2!!!

Will you buy a Pandora 2?

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, at present living in the Wild Coast where it quite literally is a 3rd world country - cows and goats wander the streets. Only business owners like us have electricity and running water - everyone else has to go fetch water from the river.

Making money has been a constant struggle up to this point, but I certainly don't intend to stay in the Wild Coast or to give up pushing forward untill my fortunes change. :)

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

Nope, at present living in the Wild Coast where it quite literally is a 3rd world country - cows and goats wander the streets. Only business owners like us have electricity and running water - everyone else has to go fetch water from the river.

Making money has been a constant struggle up to this point, but I certainly don't intend to stay in the Wild Coast or to give up pushing forward untill my fortunes change. :)

Sounds tought, best of luck to you!

Making money has been a constant struggle up to this point, but I certainly don't intend to stay in the Wild Coast or to give up pushing forward untill my fortunes change.

Sounds tought, best of luck to you!

Thanks!

But while it's hard work, I have managed to do quite well for myself through sheer determination and completely renouncing having a social life (which is very costly to maintain). Instead of a circle of friends and love interest, I have opted to own a Pandora, HTC Sensation, a Cintiq 12wx and a core i5 desktop with 8gb ram instead. (my hand me down laptop has a non-functional screen that I'm deliberating over whether or not it's worth the money to get fixed).

But while I spent years collectively saving for these devices, I've now drawn the line. Everything I earn now goes towards supporting myself while I write and illustrate a children's book. If I want anymore gadgets then they will have to be purchased with profits made from said book / books.

I hope to be published by 2014, but I doubt I'll be seeing a huge amount of money being generated initially.

But who knows what might happen. In any event, I need some miracles to pass my way in order to *responsibly* afford a Pandora 2.

And you Sony. :)

If there's anything I know about you it's that money is no object. And if it's the latest and greatest, you will have one - maybe more. :)

I can't know if will buy it until I see it. For me the only reason to spend that much is that the pandora will be capable of replace a desktop PC, that's at least the same we have now plus a hdmi/dvi video output and a power comparable to a desktop PC from 5 or 6 years ago. I always loved the idea of having a machine with 100% passive dissipation and minimum power consumption.

I wouldn't pay that much for just another android device with gaming controls or the same pandora with better specs.

not sure yet. can we put together a list of all the hints craigix gave on what to expect.

^^^^^that would be cool but is there a mod determined enough to do this?Hence i throw down the gauntlet!

all the p2 info in one place.

The Pandora2 will be a kickstarter project, so that is how you will be buying it, I think this should be made clear early on.

The main reason for this is there is no other way to take the orders, no other payment gateway allows such a huge amount of money in such a short period.

Some may say they will allow it, but look what happened last time. They simply won't take the risk.

KS seems to have some kind of unique arrangement to avoid that issue.

We won't start the KS until the P2 is ready to roll.

Last edited by a moderator:
The main reason for this is there is no other way to take the orders, no other payment gateway allows such a huge amount of money in such a short period.

What about direct bank transfers, with Data entered into an easily searchable customer database?

I'm sure you've given this lots of thought, but with price being something of an issue for P2 ($699) then the idea of giving KS $70 just for the prospect of ordering P2 seems like it should be a last resort rather than a first port of call.

I'm pretty sure you'll gain some valuable insight into KS with the launch of Product 3, which IIRC will also be funded by Kickstarter.

$70 does sound like a lot, but Kickstarter also works as an amazing advertising machine.

There is nothing else like it for spreading the word, the bigger the KS total gets the more publicity the P2 gets and on it goes - we may also reach a point where we are impossible to ignore, for example the BBC have been known to feature KS projects, and getting on the BBC is incredibly difficult via a normal route.

If the Ouya had launched with a normal website with as little detail as their KS page, saying delivery in 2013, and had a bank transfer link people would have laughed it off the internet.

I think KS will be able to get the P2 project to people who would have never heard of the P2 in normal day to day internet use, or didn't even know they wanted it.

As for payment, the thing with bank transfers is they are awkward, and some banks make them difficult to do - we have had some customers literally give up without managing to transfer the money.

KS for the Pandora II could be hard because of the high Price. People that pledge usualy also want the product and not only pledge for some bonus stuff. Because of the high Price, I doubt that many people pledge directly for the Pandora and it is not sure, how many people spent their money for the lower bonus rewards. Very tricky imho. Not sure how to get enough money with that together.

The untold story behind Kickstarter stats (appsblogger.com).

Just skimmed the text, but it seems one of the deciding factors is your marketing reach *before* you get on Kickstarter. So it turns into an amazing advertizing machine only if you manage to get over a certain threshold of attention on your own.

We're reasonably sure it will be a success seeing as we managed to sell 150 1Ghz units last month with no publicity.

We're selling so many of those we are desperately trying to make over 150, maybe 250, to meet the continuing demand.

Anyhow, it's all a long way in the future.

Is there a precedent for a kickstarter campaign with such a high contribution guaranteed to get even the basic unit being offered? What's your backup plan if kickstarter doesn't work?

If KS does not work then it's curtains, but we're pretty sure it will work. We will make that precedent if it does not exist.

Well seeing as I am still saving for the 1st one I will buy one if it's under 650 usd$ and only 2.5 years into its life to make sure it will turnout

If the Ouya had launched with a normal website with as little detail as their KS page, saying delivery in 2013, and had a bank transfer link people would have laughed it off the Internet .

Wait Wernt you probably one of the biggest critics of the Ouya ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back