Release Xash3D - Half Life

The water now looks fine, thanks, although I don't think the gamma changed.

For gamma, you could use OMAP's gamma feature, like I do in PCSX. Just run this, using system() or from a script:

sudo -n /usr/pandora/scripts/op_gamma.sh 1.1

On exit, use

sudo -n /usr/pandora/scripts/op_gamma.sh 0

to revert back to user's previous setting.

The water now looks fine, thanks, although I don't think the gamma changed.

For gamma, you could use OMAP's gamma feature, like I do in PCSX. Just run this, using system() or from a script:

sudo -n /usr/pandora/scripts/op_gamma.sh 1.1

On exit, use

sudo -n /usr/pandora/scripts/op_gamma.sh 0

to revert back to user's previous setting.
Thanks, I'll try to implement that in the engine :)

What luck! Found the "Adrenaline Pack" at my local Goodwill. Should any of these work?

Last edited by a moderator:
The first half-life on the first disk assuming you install it on a PC and patch it to version 1.1.1.0

Teamfortress is Multiplayer only and that isn't working as far as I can tell.. And Opposing Force I haven't tried it yet, that may be working...

New build on the repo, with updated xash3d engine and better gamma handling.

Build 04
-----------

• Better Gamma handling (thanks to notaz)
  • Updated to latest xash3d release (build 3000)

Ahm, I would not upload an image with my cd keys into the internet.

Fair warning to anyone who uses Tapatalk: There is no way to remove an image after Tapatalk hosts it. You can remove the link from your posts, but the image will remain on the Tapatalk server indefinitely.

The game crashes every time now at the same point, at the first load point in On  A Rail.

I´ll revert to the previous version and see if it does the same thing.

Ahm, I would not upload an image with my cd keys into the internet.
well, the keys are only checked if you try to register the game in steam... it was also used for multiplayer but since the server are gone... if the OP already have these keys or got HL trough other means on steam there's no risk sharing the keys...

The game crashes every time now at the same point, at the first load point in On  A Rail.

I´ll revert to the previous version and see if it does the same thing.
Damn, a new crash :(

Is "On A Rail" the intro or much farther in the game? If it's farther, I'll need a savestate to reproduce the crash.

To trigger the crash just raise the barrier (there is a switch on the wall) and drive the train forward onto the elevator platform.  The platform will lower you into the tunnels below.  Drive forward; when you go around the corner there is a load point -that's where the crash occurs.  Savestate is attached.

I reverted back to the previous version and verified that it doesn't crash at that point.

autosave.zip

Attachments

• autosave.zip
    112.3 KB · Views: 335
To trigger the crash just raise the barrier (there is a switch on the wall) and drive the train forward onto the elevator platform.  The platform will lower you into the tunnels below.  Drive forward; when you go around the corner there is a load point -that's where the crash occurs.  Savestate is attached.

I reverted back to the previous version and verified that it doesn't crash at that point.
Thanks, I'll take a look tonight.

Found it!

The bug was introduced with build 3000. It's fixed now with build 05.

Build 05
-----------

• Fixed a bug on the loading of a level (introduced with build 3000).

just bought half-life on steam and pushed it on my sd-card.

at first i had a strange issue:

as soon as i used the d-pad, it would crash immediately.

at some point i tried emptying the appdata folder and start all over again.

now it works like a charm. this is way to good to be true.

kudos ptitseb!

you may want to add to your description that it makes a lot of sense to use "normale mouse" instead of "AB mouse" :)

im on a ghz unit, running the 4.01... driver. which driver are you guys using?

Default for the 1ghz and rebirth is 4.03, I believe the CC init does default to 4.01

4.10 on my 1ghz unit.

Is there any possibility to deactivate/fix this :

hl.jpg(find... but can´t play)?

p.s. thanks for this very nice port.

you've got some trouble with your data it seems... I hadn't this using the steam data at this exact point...

on a different note, I did notice some slow down and music stuttering when you first meet the commandos in the big room with lots of destructible boxes. I guess multiple commandos AI + lots of destructible crate don't play well on the CPU...

Back