Release Xash3D - Half Life

One more request from me : any hope to improve the gamma adjustment ? It's still super dark in some places EVEN when I adjust the gamma to the max and wtih the max brightness on my Pandora. 
hum, are you using the flashlight? some place are meant to be black...
Thanks but you are talking to a HL veteran here :) I know about the flashlight :) It does not improve much even when I use it. It's a gamma issue.

I started looking at gamma adjustement yes, because I'm not satisfied, but it's not to my taste yet. I'll continue working on that.

Also, last time I tried, the links to the demo files on gamefront were broken. I managed to grab a copy of "Uplink" on some other site, but "Day One" seems to have vanished from Internet...

I'd like to buy the full game on Steam, but it won't work for me because I'm (still) running Debian Wheezy 64 bits, with an "old" version of libc6... :(

EDIT: @xnopasaranx: Unfortunately, Uplink is known to work with Xash3d. I must be cursed or something, that's the only rational explanation I have right now :)

Cheers, Magic Sam
Try browsing into the maps folder of the mod and check if everything is lower case! That might just be your problem. All files need to be lowercase I guess. On windows it doesn't matter and devs apparently didn't properly name their files. I had two different versions of half-life installed, one was completely lowercase and the other installer made a complete mess mixing uppercase and lowercase suffixes and names.

EDIT: Yes! I got gunman chronicles working!!! I tool the hl_i386.so File that was in the steam patched dll directory and put it into my unpatched WON version dll folder. I also replaced the maps folder with the patched one. then I ran a bash script to rename all files to lower case.

find foldername -depth -exec rename 's/(.*)\/([^\/]*)/$1\/\L$2/' {} \;

Now all I need is sound. I don't know why yet, but the game sound doesn't seem to be audible, while the samples in menu work.

EDIT2: Haha, case of seriously corrupted files. Copied the sound folder over again and now I got sound, too! This is sweet!

I can really recommend Gunman Chronicles to anyone who has never played it. It's an awesome HL1 total conversion that was sold commercially. Spacecowboys shooting the crap out of each other with lasermachineguns and dinosaurs... It's really worth playing!

EDIT3: Now I am stuck. It loads a couple of levels fine, but then I get stuck in the briefing room right before the actual game starts. I guess this could be worked around by loading the next level in console, but something seems to be missing anyway. I remember there were two holograms of some dude explaining what you had to do. The pads, where the two models used to be as far as I can recall are there but nothing is shown there. The room gets locked with a force field and then nothing happens. Seems to be some script error and maybe a couple of resources can't be found but there is nothing in the logs.

Last edited by a moderator:
For fun :)

But it's weird because the rebirth and the CC don't see the 1ghz player in the game, but the 1ghz sees them. Something about the sgx drivers ?

No matter which one is the server, it's the same result.

I have no weapon firing animation... The crowbar doesn't move and Gordon only slowly moves the pistol from right to left. I can still shoot though, but it's confusing as hell, especially with the crowbar...

Any ideas what's the issue?

For fun :)

But it's weird because the rebirth and the CC don't see the 1ghz player in the game, but the 1ghz sees them. Something about the sgx drivers ?

No matter which one is the server, it's the same result.
That's a cool picture. Weird that 1 player is invisible though. It's not an early beta on the Gigahertz?

I have no weapon firing animation... The crowbar doesn't move and Gordon only slowly moves the pistol from right to left. I can still shoot though, but it's confusing as hell, especially with the crowbar...

Yes, be sure you have that

cl_lw "0"
cl_lc "0"
cl_predict "0"

In your config.cfg. But that strange, because the PND should do that by itself...

Doea it make a difference which sgx graphics driver is used on the 1GHZ Pandora for running Half Life itself?

I have this problem too..

• Fixed jump key when toggleCrouch is disabled
  • Improved toggleCrouch
  • Enabled Console
  • Fixed HUD rendering
Thanks, everything seems to be fine now. However underwater color seems wrong:

undertow_pnd.jpg

this also shows a weird corruption when using "screenshot" command, also displays such display shift on LCD for a split second when taking a screenshot. This is on 1GHz with the "new default" 4.03.00.02 driver.

For reference, here is how it looks on PC:

undertow_pc.jpg

Thanks but you are talking to a HL veteran here :) I know about the flashlight :) It does not improve much even when I use it. It's a gamma issue.
For me it looks correct, but that of course depends on how well lit your room is (mine is a bit dark) and which batch LCD your pandora has.

@notaz: thanks for the reference screenshot. It seems the "blue" water color is not strong enough. I will try to understand how it's drawn to understand what goes wrong.

The glitch in the screenshot command is also strange, I'll take a look.

But the blinking at the screenshot is "normal", because I use FrameBuffer context, and every glReadPixel or similar command make the current drawing to go to Front Buffer before the Read Pixel, instead of staying in the Back Buffer. It will not happen if the context is a standard X11 one..

I have this problem too..
You need to edit the config file if you have that problem, but that's strange because it should have been fixed by PtitSeb during the beta phase.

For me it looks correct, but that of course depends on how well lit your room is (mine is a bit dark) and which batch LCD your pandora has.
Yeah I know there are differences in LCD quality and brightness - My Rebirth is much better in that regard. If I play HL on my 1Ghz basically I NEEd to play in the dark currently, if there is any light around and I am in a dark level, well i just cannot see anything anymore.  

also displays such display shift on LCD for a split second when taking a screenshot.
It does not happen for every screenshot though. When I took screenshots for the Pandoralive article, maybe 2 out of 10 were like the one you have shown, the rest were properly aligned.  

ptitSeb said:

Yes, be sure you have that
cl_lw "0"cl_lc "0"cl_predict "0"In your config.cfg. But that strange, because the PND should do that by itself...
That fixed it thanks.

I think the reason it was not automatically fixed is that the first time I launched xash3d, my user didn't have the read/write permissions on the valve folder, as it was copied from another Linux PC and my sd card is in ext4.

Maybe you can handle this case somehow in a future release.

Thanks for the great work! Been killing zombies for a while now!

Merci!

Thanks for the port!

Can somebody help me a bit? I'm stuck in the beginning after taking the suite and I'm supposed to go into the lab but the eye-scanner says "Access denied". Other 'air-locked' door guarded by one security officer doesn't open either (I'm not sure which one leads to the lab/experiment). Do I have to do anything special to get the access? All walkthroughs I've checked just say the door will by opened by the guards after wearing the suite. Thanks! :feelinglame:

Thanks for the port!

Can somebody help me a bit? I'm stuck in the beginning after taking the suite and I'm supposed to go into the lab but the eye-scanner says "Access denied". Other 'air-locked' door guarded by one security officer doesn't open either (I'm not sure which one leads to the lab/experiment). Do I have to do anything special to get the access? All walkthroughs I've checked just say the door will by opened by the guards after wearing the suite. Thanks! :feelinglame:
I guess you have used the Steam version. You need to play a bit on the PC first to "unlock" the Datas.

I have tested with Spanish version of the game (updated to version 1.1.1.0) and works almost perfect. There are some problems with animations of the NPC (sometimes they seem to teleport for a frame and then go back to their position), but this doesn't bother too much when playing.

Great work!

New build on the repo.

I have not reproduced the shifted Screenshot issue, but I have fixed the wrong color inside water. It was a bug in glshim, with the handling of glFogfv inside lists.

Build 03
-----------

• Fixed Fog / Underwater colors (glshim fix)
  • Enabled console in a cleaner way (using -dev 1)
  • Attempt to improve gamma correction

preview6.png

Back