ZX Vega +

As the campaign was InDemand they were still taking money even today, I believe that is what has now been closed.

As the campaign was InDemand they were still taking money even today, I believe that is what has now been closed.

Thanks, that is what I was wondering, Inever knew it was "In Demand" phase

Code:
http://web.archive.org/web/20161227025822/https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-sinclair-zx-spectrum-vega-plus-console-games

Edit: Can't stop the forum replacing my archive.org link with a media item pointing directly at the project today! Duh!

Well, following the BBC story, RCL have now made 5 campaign updates in a matter of hours on the Vega plus Indiegogo page. And oh shit, talk about drama, Too long to recount here, but they basically fired back and spilled a lot of beans. Apparently they sued their former sales agent, and won the case. Then accused the former RCL director and founders of colluding with the sales agent . Then accused them of going behind RCLs back in talking to devs to try and get them to pull games from the Vega plus. Then accused them of taking SW with them when they left and not handing it over.

Thats not even the half of it. It's like a drama series. Have a read of it, grab a popcorn first. It's absolutely insane

www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-sinclair-zx-spectrum-vega-plus-console-games#/updates

Last edited:
Just reading through the comments now, down at 10 hours ago to catch up.

Just reading through the comments now, down at 10 hours ago to catch up.

Forget the comments, check the campaign updates. At least 5 of them in the last 2 hours or so. Thats were the popcorn material is

Forget the comments, check the campaign updates. At least 5 of them in the last 2 hours or so. Thats were the popcorn material is
had the best lunch break read EVER!
my fav part is:
[...]In addition to the above problems it is also taking us longer than we had hoped to fill the gaps in our list of 1,000 games caused by some games rights owners withdrawing their permission to employ their games in the Vega+. For some time now Paul Andrews has been contacting rights owners and encouraging them to withdraw their permissions. Why someone who is still a 25% shareholder in the company would do such a thing is a question best asked of Mr Andrews himself. [...]

WOW!!!

Don''t give them any ideas but this could be filmed as a made for TV drama.

Why fill the gaps, send out a questionnaire to backers saying would you like a Vega+ this year with 500+ games or sometime in the future with 1000.

State that you will go with the majority vote and bobs your uncle, sorted.

Fro my communications with RCL and people affiliated with the whole thing, I can confirm at least that what was handed over was in no way, shape or form adequate to continue many of the projects that RCL have running aligned with the Vega range.

I am (or was, I'm waiting to see how this all pans out) part of the Every Child Can Code portion, where code written on the PC in an IDE/Emulator can be sent to the Vega to play on the TV. Most, if not all, of that site's data was completely missing.

Fro my communications with RCL and people affiliated with the whole thing, I can confirm at least that what was handed over was in no way, shape or form adequate to continue many of the projects that RCL have running aligned with the Vega range.

I am (or was, I'm waiting to see how this all pans out) part of the Every Child Can Code portion, where code written on the PC in an IDE/Emulator can be sent to the Vega to play on the TV. Most, if not all, of that site's data was completely missing.

I heard someone say that they didn't hand over everything because they asked to be paid for it and the others in RCL refused. Any truth to that?

Looks like RCL responded to that claim in the comments section:

"We were never offered the original firmware. A court has never ruled anything regarding the firmware. RCL did pay for it and we paid Chris Smith a further 10k that he demanded in June 2016 and we have still not received the firmware. Not sure of your source - but you are wrong"

Last edited:
Certainly ties in with the FUSE story, so I'd be inclined to believe it.

So the founder of RCL who left the company ie Paul andrews , has come back at the current board following those Indiegogo updates.

Looks like he and Chirs would be up for a gloves off sit down with current RCL members to talk it out.

Here is Pauls facebook post: www.facebook.com/paul.andrews.3114/posts/1139692036159454

"Ok I have had an idea. Someone said to me why can't you and RCL settle your differences and sit down in a room like adults? Get the ZX Vega issues sorted once and for all.
Well ok myself and Chris are up for this if David Levy and Suzanne Martin will as well. No lawyers needed. I am sure that a news organisation (maybe the BBC?) would be up for hosting it maybe? I was thinking an audience made up of backers, so they could ask questions, RCL could do a demo of the current existing Vega Plus console for backers, show some packaging and so on.

We could all have 5-10 minutes each uninterrupted (US president debate style) to speak and tell our sides of the story to the audience. Then questions from the backers we all take turns in answering, you get the idea. We would be more than happy for any evidence of the things we are being accused of to be shown by RCL we in turn could show all our evidence and so on. Bank statements could be shown, basically nothing off limits, a show and tell with no lawyers for both sides.

I can't think of a fairer way for everyone, and I mean everyone including the backers to find out the truth in this tale. It would also be appropriate to invite a spokesperson from SMS for example to talk about production, maybe Rick Dickinson, and definitely some of the game rights owners I have asked to pull games for example?

Members of the press could attend, final delivery dates confirmed, games list and so on. This would be at no cost or loss to backers and the sooner we do it RCL can put to bed the claims of physical violence, possibly even someone from the police could attend.

What do people think, could any of us be fairer? We are game if all other parties are?"

Last edited:
This sounds like the perfect way to resolve this whole mess.

Paul's statement does make it sound like he and Chris have nothing to hide, unfortunately I can't see the BBC being interested, but I'd like to be proved wrong.

Just looking through the comments on indiegogo there doesn't seem to be much made of this.

Understandable, I think they may be poop out of luck though, RCL have had access to the funds for a year.

This article is pretty much everything that's already been said:

The Sinclair ZX Spectrum Vega Plus’s Indiegogo campaign is a serious mess

What did make me think though was one of the comments:

http://www.theverge.com/2017/3/12/1...lus-indiegogo-campaign-funding-ship#419412021

Anyone thinking of backing the Gemini PDA may want to think about this.

Pretty sure they are referring to Janko, the CEO of Planet Computers who are behind the Gemini PDA. Janko was brought in as a director for RCL who are behind the Vega Plus . Apparently he was the one who had to pick up the pieces and write the EMU/firmware for the Vega Plus after one of their directors who had written the SW already, walked from RCL with it. This was discussed earlier in the other thread.

Still no images of the Red, White or Blue cases that should have been delivered Monday after missing their original delivery day of Saturday.

I note the following in their latest update "We can also confirm that Indiegogo are happy for us to return to "InDemand" once we've fulfilled our first perk."

Being that the 1st Perk is 3257 Black Vega+ I'm sure no-one would complain if they started taking in more cash once those have been delivered.

Back