03/29 Blog Entry

'Gruso' said:
I don't know that the list is outdated... it may be due for an edit, but the basic steps on the roadmap still remain. We're waiting on case completion, FCC testing, and then creation of the factory moulds - then production can start. That hasn't changed.
No, you are right. Things are perfect. Everyone is informed and satisfied. Don't want to turn into one of the a-holes, so I give up. Please continue doing exactly what you are doing. The fact that a simple suggestion requires so much discussion and causes folks to defend the status quo is an indicator of the problem. But again, I give so let's return to previously scheduled programming.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't trying to shoot you down, I was just pointing out that the list seemed ok to me. It was last updated one week ago, when the keypad layout was crossed off. Three days ago we were told (via official blog post, and numerous forum posts) that a minor case fix was being done. I'm not against getting more information, but I don't think there's been any lack of it in the last week.

That's just my opinion, I'm not telling you you're wrong for wanting to know more.

@gruso, Ed (or Chip?) was saying (somewhere above) that the FCC requires a final unit. So, factory molds/production before FCC testing. In addition, they were saying that since FCC testing takes up to two weeks, and since they wanted to have a few people testing the device for two weeks, those things would likely be going on simultaneously.

CODE
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?s=&showtopic=47283&view=findpost&p=714954

lingenfr said:
Everyone is informed and satisfied.
No everyone is not satisfied. Clearly you are not. Phawx is not. The both of you keep dancing around saying that there's not enough information without saying what information is missing. The two of you keep talking about questions that have been unanswered, but the only questions that has been asked revolve around why the devs aren't answering questions, to which the response is fairly universally that they are, if only people would ask their questions.
If you want more information, have a specific question, then ask it! Don't bemoan them about not being forthcoming with information. They're not psychic, and it's possible they didn't consider whatever piece of information you're looking for to be important enough to disclose.

'Gruso' said:
I don't know that the list is outdated... it may be due for an edit, but the basic steps on the roadmap still remain. We're waiting on case completion, FCC testing, and then creation of the factory moulds - then production can start. That hasn't changed.
I thought FCC testing could only be done on the full mass produced pandora and CE testing on the prototype

'WizardStan' said:
'lingenfr' said:
Everyone is informed and satisfied.
No everyone is not satisfied. Clearly you are not. Phawx is not.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irony :)

Obviously actually getting information isn't going to satisfy some people, because then there will be something else they want answered NOW NOW NOW and if they don't then it's obviously because the devs aren't keeping us informed.

I for one am pretty happy with how much info we've got lately; it's obvious that the devs will tell us stuff when there's stuff to tell.

@WizardStan

EDs previous post was perfect imo. ED could have only shared one sentence with us, but he gave all the little details as well. The only extra question I saw was pertaining to FCC and Canada. So as long as all new information is as forthcoming as EDs post. I'm a happy camper.

'Bosbeetle' said:
'Gruso' said:
I thought FCC testing could only be done on the full mass produced pandora and CE testing on the prototype
Yes, I stand corrected. Prototype completion, CE testing, mould creation, FCC testing.

Shouldn't be a big deal as Chip has pointed out.

'WizardStan' said:
No everyone is not satisfied.

If you want more information, have a specific question, then ask it! Don't bemoan them about not being forthcoming with information. They're not psychic, and it's possible they didn't consider whatever piece of information you're looking for to be important enough to disclose.
It's pretty plain that the itch that needs scratching is 'when', not necessarily for 'completion' (as everyone bar the seriously deluded are resigned to a long wait) but for each next step in the process.

'WizardStan' said:
No everyone is not satisfied. Clearly you are not. Phawx is not. The both of you keep dancing around saying that there's not enough information without saying what information is missing.
Please AC don't lump me in with Phawx. If he would start a paypal site for donations to recover his costs, I would contribute to his going away party. I'm not sure what you are smoking but I expect I have less than 10 posts total on the entire forum and only a few on this subject. I made a simple suggestion as after reading for a few days, the constant sniping at the devs was getting tiresome. My suggestion was intended to help. But as I said in my last post, I give so not sure why you feel the need to keep it going unless you are just killing time until recess. Please let it go.

Back