03/29 Blog Entry

'Phawx' said:
I would like to think my question still stands but, I guess OP Defense force wants to sweep this one under the rug.

'Phawx' said:
Also my question was why OP was afraid to be straight with us.
To explain that question is, why does asking questions have to be like pulling teeth and why do we even *have* to?
My question is not why *Chip* didn't answer me. [Because you did] My question is why Craigix chose to answer so ambiguously?
If those are your original questions, then they don't still stand. They never did. Nobody is afraid to be straight with you. I've given a straight answer to every point you've brought up several times. I don't lock useless threads out of "fear", but because I see no need to have the same discussion for a fourth time. If you didn't listen the first three times, the fourth is unlikely to turn out differently.

If your real bone of contention here is that Craig didn't immediately reply to your "minor case change" question in exactly the way you would have liked, and my complete and "straight" answer ~17 hours later was not fast enough for you, then I am deeply sorry for the inconvenience. I'm not quite sure how having to wait half a day for an answer equates to having teeth removed, but I guess you were somehow in severe physical discomfort the entire time. In the future, I will call up Miss Cleo and her Psychic Friends to determine any questions you might have in advance and save you the burden of having to ask them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Global conspiracy! Phawx will uncover the truth! NWO! Ron Paul! Tesla! free energy! ZEITGEIST-MOVIE.COm!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my god PoisonedV has just been enlightened to the conspiracy Phawx just discovered. You know what to do guys. Also, fucking stop saying fuck all of the fucking time bazt or I'll be fucking pissed at all the fuckers who can't stop saying fuck.

'PoisonedV' said:
Global conspiracy! Phawx will uncover the truth! NWO! Ron Paul! Tesla! free energy! ZEITGEIST-MOVIE.COm!!!!!!!!!!!
I was so close too PV.

'EvilDragon' said:
Just phoned with the CE / FCC guys.

Testing does take two days, CE can be done with the CNC prototype, only for FCC the final unit is needed (by american law).

However, as the final case won't change any of the stuff we need to test to pass, we can be sure that FCC will be fine when we have the CE, so as soon as the final unit is out, it needs about a week after testing to receive the licensing. So US guys might get the unit a bit later, but that's the american law.

So, this issue doesn't hold up the CE Testing :)
Now I'm torn between liking the FCC for letting me get my ham radio license and hating them for restrictions. :p

how could there be a delay? I thought there only needed to be CE testing because it is sold from UK.

and lol @ telling us theres going to be a delay at this point...

'Phawx' said:
@bazt

You have 43 total posts. Anytime someone has a question and it's getting a little to close to home, you come out of the woodwork and voice your discontent. It"s like you"re PV, except a Fanboy. Fanboy PV.
I have a shitload of posts. I agree with bazt completely. If you (and "You" here is a collective denomination for "all those who make it their hobby to try to wring problems out of thin air") all weren't such neurotics, we could get by on half the post volume, and at least double the ratio of useful posts to drek.

Seriously, relax. Whatever it takes for you to relax - beer, massage, hot baths, meditaion, herbal remedies - just do it. You do realize that this whole up-in-arms about "Oh noes! A case change! Delays!!!" all originates from your own invented month-long delay?

Thanks Chip. I hope I'm not too late but I believe I have a couple legitimate questions about Eds post and I hope this topic hasn't gone too far already. Not real concerns just curious.

First, Has Ed gotten a the newest board yet (last I heard he only had MK2)? Second is there much difference between the boards that would affect his HQ (TV promotion type videos)?

'dsleaf67' said:
First, Has Ed gotten a the newest board yet (last I heard he only had MK2)? Second is there much difference between the boards that would affect his HQ (TV promotion type videos)?
I honestly don't know which board(s) ED has right now. There is a lot of hardware going back and forth between the four main devs. He'll have to chime in for us to get an accurate answer.

There isn't anything functionally different between the revisions, and I'm 99.9% sure the aren't any software bits that only work on one and not the other. There are some minor physical differences in the boards that wouldn't allow a MK2 to be completely assembled and working in a final case, but it could probably be stuck together well enough for show purposes.

'Moxie' said:
'Phawx' said:
@bazt

You have 43 total posts. Anytime someone has a question and it's getting a little to close to home, you come out of the woodwork and voice your discontent. It"s like you"re PV, except a Fanboy. Fanboy PV.
I have a shitload of posts. I agree with bazt completely. If you (and "You" here is a collective denomination for "all those who make it their hobby to try to wring problems out of thin air") all weren't such neurotics, we could get by on half the post volume, and at least double the ratio of useful posts to drek.

Seriously, relax. Whatever it takes for you to relax - beer, massage, hot baths, meditaion, herbal remedies - just do it. You do realize that this whole up-in-arms about "Oh noes! A case change! Delays!!!" all originates from your own invented month-long delay?
This. A lot of this. Don't worry, I know a guy :).

@Moxie

I seriously need to re-read or learn to structure sentences better. ""Oh noes! A case change! Delays!!!" " If that was what you got out of my rants, that wasn't intended nor was it the point. I tried springboarding off of it, but the case is not the point.

Apparently it went over everyone's head. You know what they say, "If everyone around me is crazy, I must be the crazy one."

Needless to say, that will be the last from me on that type of subject. Everything comes in due time.

Yeah.. Relax. Getting upset over this isn't going to make the wait any shorter. I bet you the developers aren't losing any sleep over it.

:( A delay for US buyers sucks. Still, grateful for the information since it will explain why some will get irked later when they were so early on in the order while others already have theirs.

I wonder how long it will delay them though, but from the looks of things it won't be long enough to really matter.

'Korlithiel' said:
I wonder how long it will delay them though, but from the looks of things it won't be long enough to really matter.
Probably not at all. The first 200 or so are probably going out for extensive testing for a week or two before the rest are made. The unit that goes to the FCC will likely come from that batch and certification should not take any longer than 2 weeks. The only thing this might mean is that US customers might not be eligible for one of the advanced testing units.

About the only thing that could introduce a noticeable delay at this point is some problem being discovered in the first batch of 200 that required a change to the hardware. This is highly unlikely, but not impossible. The small possibility that a problem could exist is why we're doing a small test run in the first place instead of just making them all at once.

LL, prl rrvs nd th pndr stll hsn't rrvd, LL.

t wll NVR rrv.

vry dy tht lk t ths frms, th mr bcm sr f ths.

RFLL

'piercer' said:
LOL, April arrives and the pandora still hasn't arrived, LOL.

It will NEVER arrive.

Every day that I look at these forums, the more I become sure of this.

ROFLOL
Go away, we do not want any.

So I have a question. I just sent my payment on Monday so I'm probably one of the last one's to recieve my Pandora. If there are 4,000 in the first batch, around how long am I looking to get mine? PLUS I live in the U.S. - If the first ones begin releasing at the end of April, am I looking at the end of the year for mine? God I hope not..

/me notes that people swearing and shouting at Phawx to shut up is not only producing more heat than light, but is not OT enough to be deleted, moved, or cause the thread to close.

Hmmm. Phawx has already "shut up" - let's not stir it up again, eh?

Back