03/29 Blog Entry

Sigh in relief :) I love evil dragon, he seems to give the clearest replies.

I think Chip is getting frustrated with all the pressure, Let's give him a big hug :lol:

We don't want an update, I think what we want is consistent updates, even if they're is no updates, just so we know that you guys are there and care :huh:

Something like...
=============================
No updates today, sorry.
----------------------------------------------------
Small problem with CNC case, we noticed how this one prong sticking up pushed against the CPU and caused the case to bulge slightly. We are currently trying to have this fixed. Sholdn't delay us.
==============================

Just because it seems inconsequential doesn't mean it's so. We love hearing useless updates like, I dropped coke on my devboard and now we're going to be delayed for a year :p

I'm happy :D

Last edited by a moderator:
'emcp' said:
'EvilDragon' said:
Just phoned with the CE / FCC guys.

Testing does take two days, CE can be done with the CNC prototype, only for FCC the final unit is needed (by american law).

However, as the final case won't change any of the stuff we need to test to pass, we can be sure that FCC will be fine when we have the CE, so as soon as the final unit is out, it needs about a week after testing to receive the licensing. So US guys might get the unit a bit later, but that's the american law.

So, this issue doesn't hold up the CE Testing :)
hahahahahahhahahahaha YES

so glad we get a leg up over the americans for once, sorry guys lololololol :D

You won this round.

'Phawx' said:
I based it off of what we saw. However, if he was just *straight* with me when I asked the question on Post #49, we would not be down this road.
I answered you completely in post #83, explained further in #90, and answered the same question again earlier in this thread. As I have explained three times now, your assumption of an additional month of delay is inaccurate, yet you keep demanding"answers" that I have already given. My answers have been as "straight" as they get. How do I have to word it so that you will accept the answer and move on?

Look it is pretty simple. If you are going to give information, why not divulge everything that pertains to it? Before anyone gives me the shpeel about "how they would rather OP spend time on the Pandora than here typing to us" I am not asking for paragraphs of information. Literally, Craig could have answered my question in five words.
You already have all the pertinent information. What five would would have satisfied you? Please, tell me so I can re-type them and end this pointless debate.

'Phawx' said:
Does Canada have to follow the FCC?
Yes and no. Canada has its own broadcasting and telecommunications regulatory board, the CRTC. They don't "follow" the FCC, but the two organizations do work together so nobody has their signals interfered with near the border.

This is not really relevant though, because the CRTC doesn't handle certifications for potentially interference-causing devices. Instead, this is covered by Industry Canada. I believe the latest version of the requirements are here: http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/smt-gst.nsf/eng/sf00020.html

I suspect that anything that has been FCC certified will meet or exceed the IC requirements.

@Chip

I'm not talking about the case or molds anymore. That was not the point of the thread that was closed.

"Also my question was why OP was afraid to be straight with us. Hence the topic "Between a rock and a hard place"."

To explain that question is, why does asking questions have to be like pulling teeth and why do we even *have* to?

Like, look at ED. He gave us some new information and also answered as much as he could pertaining *to* this new information. It has some bad news (For US People) but he treated us like Adults and told it like it is. So I applaud ED. ED's post should be the basis of what all new information reflects off of.

My question is not why *Chip* didn't answer me. [Because you did] My question is why Craigix chose to answer so ambiguously?

I apologize. Because I seem to have somehow led you down a road with a different meaning. I was hoping my analogies of being in the dark would come across as something with *global* meaning, not just a *specific* occurrence. I wasn't just talking about the part for the case that needs to be fixed. But everytime new info comes out, it was followed by a string of questions peppered throughout these forums.

Hopefully that makes sense and I don't believe it's something you can answer, because the question is not really directed at you.

Awesome ED, thanks for the little piece of information there, seems the CE and FCC-tests won't take long. Two days when i had weeks in mind...
We're getting closer...

Phawx, for fuckin fucks sake, just shut the fuck up, you're fuckin annoyin the fuckin fuck outa me. Hope you got that loud and fuckin clear. Do you have to derail every thread you partake in moaning about the ambiguity of dev communication, fuckin get over it or piss off!

All this 'straight' or 'direct' questioning is confusing.
I'll just settle for the current method of "block until news update; discuss"

This is beginning to sound like something that will require years of negotiations, exchange of political prisoners and a treaty to resolve. Can we drop it please? Please Phawx, please let it go. Just let it go... I suppose that folks who don't work with engineers on a regular basis will be shocked that engineers are not always the best communicators. If they were, they would be politicians or journalists. Last time we in the US confused an engineer with a politician (Jimmy Carter) it didn't work out so well. I agree with bazt just in a non-pottymouth way.

'bazt' said:
I agree with bazt just in a non-pottymouth way.
Sorry... it just came out.

You said fuck exactly 8 times. Congratulations, is that a forum record?

@bazt

You have 43 total posts. Anytime someone has a question and it's getting a little to close to home, you come out of the woodwork and voice your discontent. It"s like you"re PV, except a Fanboy. Fanboy PV.

@Everyone else

I would like to think my question still stands but, I guess OP Defense force wants to sweep this one under the rug. I will let this go. I would not have derailed this topic if my other thread wasn"t closed. Still that's a piss poor excuse, so Chip or any other mod, feel free to delete any threads that need trimming up to keep this thread on topic.

oh fuck off you smart arse, what the fuck is "PV"? OP defense force... oh you clever fucker. I come out of the woodwork because knobheads like you piss me off, otherwise I'm I'm usually quite a passive guy. If you hadn't posted your bullshit, I wouldn't have gone wacko and this thread would still be on track.

I apologise all, but this geezer does my fuckin head in, nuff said.

Back