6 buttons AB/CD/XY and 4 shoulder buttons?

ShleeDragon

Pro-Catflip
The Pandora has four buttons... and two sholder buttons..

I think everybody wants 4 shoulders but how about 6 front buttons?

Last edited by a moderator:
The Pandora has four buttons... and two sholder buttons..

I am saying this for two years now. ^^

Six front buttons are more important than four shoulder buttons for Capcom-beat'em'ups, N64, Megadrive, etc...

I have both on PC

5428-saitek-p2600-rumble-pad.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Plus the extra 2 front buttons could double up as one pair of shoulder buttons for things like playstation emulation if you only have one physical set of shoulder buttons :)

As somebody who likes to play Street Fighter a lot, I'm pro-6 buttons :)

If there is no major impact in terms of button size or spacing of hardware controls then this would be a good thing, if P2 ends up with a 5" screen then the additional size of the product would quite possibly allow this to be so. However if P2 was the same size or smaller than P1 then the extra buttons may prove problematic. 

And can we have a middle prong for the analogue stick? /SillyIdea :p

But I miss the six button layout - I still use my N64 controller via USB on the PC since I prefer having 6 front buttons!

I don't like 6 buttons because it requires more thumb travel to use. Currently I can hit all four with just a shift or roll of my thumb, adding an extra 2 would require actually lifting and moving my thumb which is much slower.

I am imagining a controller which has, like, two primary buttons in the middle and then 4 buttons in a circle around it. That'd be kind of cool, get you 6 buttons without taking up much more space and keeping travel to a minimum.

Does this mean i have to play as balrog? Because that is not an enjoyable experience.

Food for thought, Balrog is M Bison in japan, and Mr bison is vega

Vega in japan is Balrog elsewhere

Even if he did... yes it's both possible and also the "popular option" but 6 face buttons is the way to play Street Fighter games... it makes sense too, attacks range from low med high, punches on the top kicks on the bottom...

I played Street Fighter 2 on the SNES and got used to using the shoulder buttons, but even so playing with 6 face buttons instead is much more comfortable.

Back