A further update on preorders (18th of November 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remaining previous 1Ghz orders are shipping next week and the week after, we hope to clear these as soon as possible.
Craig

Any update about this?

It seems stopped til queue #84 at this time and not complete yet.

We are waiting for resuming shipping of 1Ghz Pandora a.s.a.p.

Coz. normally this is unacceptable reason for delay was so I really want to sort this out.

Pls keep your promise..

In the same boat. If you're #87, I wonder how long I have to wait for my #97.........

Remaining previous 1Ghz orders are shipping next week and the week after, we hope to clear these as soon as possible.
Craig

Any update about this?

It seems stopped til queue #84 at this time and not complete yet.

We are waiting for resuming shipping of 1Ghz Pandora a.s.a.p.

Coz. normally this is unacceptable reason for delay was so I really want to sort this out.

Pls keep your promise..

In the same boat. If you're #87, I wonder how long I have to wait for my #97.........
Exactly I'm in the same boat.

Actually I'm #99 so behind you. :(

I don't understand why other waiting people doesn't ask about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
ED

Please update especially if you can provide current status of 1GHz preorder units?

:(

I don't have any 1GHz preorders left since months and I don't know anything about Craigs queue or how many he got left.

All I know is that I'm shipping units once I got money and I only got the money for 26 units (and am still missing the money for the first 70 as well).

I'm sorry, I can't be of more help here.

ED

Please update especially if you can provide current status of 1GHz preorder units?

I don't have any 1GHz preorders left since months and I don't know anything about Craigs queue or how many he got left.

All I know is that I'm shipping units once I got money and I only got the money for 26 units (and am still missing the money for the first 70 as well).

ED

Many thanks for your help.

That is enough.

coz. exactly what I thought.....

May be this is time to consider refund......

ED

That means that of the money of 160(?)+ 1Ghz orders, Craig has only passed on 26 to produce units, and also that around another 80 are in the never ending queue that will probably never be delivered before the iCP2 makes some money in mid 2013, if ever? Poor guys...

What about those who upgraded to superopenpandora 2.0? Will their money fund the remaining original 1Ghz orders or do they pay for their own units?

Has Craig ever hinted that he plans to pay these 70 first units?

I see now why PayPal have clauses against taking pre-orders. If they'd allowed the initial PayPal payments to go through all those years ago, they'd have ended up having to refund lots of people's money, years after the event, through no fault of their own.

I see now why PayPal have clauses against taking pre-orders. If they'd allowed the initial PayPal payments to go through all those years ago, they'd have ended up having to refund lots of people's money, years after the event, through no fault of their own.

most definately but It's quite sad there is no "at your risk" way of payment without any guaranty through paypal for preorder and such... guess they are not interested setting up (juridically mostly I guess) that for so few potential users....

(and am still missing the money for the first 70 as well).

Did Craig not forward the money from the 'tax rebate' which he was supposed to get in November (IIRC)?

@ Craig : Could you clarify if the following from the first post in this thread bears any resemblance to current reality?

... we can ship 400 1Ghz units before Christmas so upgrading is a desirable move right now.

After we have processed these orders there will be a push on 1Ghz units for Christmas sales. We hope these will fund shipping more preorders and give us a viable route to clearing the queue.

Just in to report I received my upgraded 1GHz shipment today. The package has been lying on my desk unopened for two hours now, 3.5 years of waiting and now it's time for critical evaluation... Trying to clear my mind to confront this.

This is entirely in Eds hands, this is his plan and I pretty much have no say in what happens anymore.

He was supposed to be working those 800 outstanding units in to his 'plan' to save the Pandora, they

were supposed to be sent to my customers and paid for with his further sales which I and Mweston

agreed could happen.

I don't even ask what happened to those units anymore because seemingly we're no longer

getting them as if we were getting them then why are those 70 not some of them?

None of this makes any sense to me anymore and that's the situation.

All I'm back to doing is trying to raise funds for my units by selling more units.

The 70 outstanding GHz orders don't have anything to do with the outstanding original preorders.

Those orders were taken by you, Craig, and you don't seem to be able to pay for them.

ED couldn't even know those will exist in the future when he made his plan afaik.

Edit: Doesn't ED send the original preorder units out by himself now, when they are produced?

He was supposed to be working those 800 outstanding units in to his 'plan' to save the Pandora, they

were supposed to be sent to my customers and paid for with his further sales which I and Mweston

agreed could happen.
Where did this 800 come from? That's not what his plan from mid 2011 says, it's not even close (I have it since I'm one of rebirth investors).

Exactly. My plan was to sell Pandoras to new customers and use the additional money to send both to Craigs and my old customers new units.

Based on an eMail from last year of August I got from Craig, he had about 800 preorders left back then.

The original plan was that we use the parts he already owns, I buy the remaining ones and we'll both get the same amount of units from the sales.

As Craig needed money back then for refunds, I bought the parts off him (over 80,000 EUR, so quite a lot of refunds).

Based on my calculation, he should've had about 500 preorderers left back then.

This worked out okay.

My plan was to first sell all the 600 MHz units and then have the 1GHz units available right now, without any preorder or waiting time, a smooth ride.

Craig, your wish was to announce the 1GHz units earlier and take preorders for the prototype run 1GHz units for a higher price and use the additional profit to be able to buy even more Pandoras for your old customers and speed up the queue.

It was very clear in my eMails that you had to pay for the production costs of these 1GHz units.

Naturally, sales for the 600MHz units broke down when the 1GHz units had been announced - so until the 1GHz units were finished, not a lot of old preorders could be shipped.

Then I delivered the first 70 units to you and you weren't able to pay for them because you had a lot of refunds.

Even though I can understand that, I cannot afford to finance all your customers.

If I continue the plan as before (the profits create units for both your and my customers), then I either have to get these 70 units paid for or the next 70 units will go to my customers and after that, the plan can continue as before.

My planned worked nicely - until the whole 1GHz mess happened.

And I cannot do anything if you break the deal with getting 1GHz units for production costs but not being able to pay for them afterwards.

Sending you more units would be suicide for my company - and if I go bankrupt because of that, I'll run into personal problems as well, as the government will probably ask me why I kept sending you more units without getting any payment for them.

I think there a few unanswered questions regarding the 1ghz pre orders and Craig's response has answered nothing and raised a few more concerns.

The 1 ghz pre orders have saved the project so they deserve to be told exactly what is going on - what happened to the money and when might it be released if it is tighed up.

ED is sorting out the original pre orders not these!

agreed could happen.
Where did this 800 come from? That's not what his plan from mid 2011 says, it's not even close (I have it since I'm one of rebirth investors).

The first revision had 800 for Craigs customers. Later revisions had a lower number because of the parts I had to buy off him as he needed the money for refunds, so I directly calculated the parts money into refunds money.

My guess would be that the 80.000 partsmoney was not entirely spent on refunds...

But it's just a guess...

I suggest that Craig contacts ED privately rather than discuss things that now appear to be very sensitive in a public forum - there needs to be a proper plan in place to sort out the 1ghz pre orders due to the high price they paid and delivery promise which is well past.

Yes original pre orders have waited 4 years but look at the cost etc plus ED has a plan in place for them.

It doesn't seem like there is a plan for the GHz Preorders at all or Craig hadn't posted that. Maybe it was just a missunderstanding, so I agree that this should be sorted out privately from now on.

Edit: And feel free to delete my posts here if they seem inappropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back