A further update on preorders (18th of November 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty certain next month is the end - Craig will file for bankruptcy and screw over his current customers and Ed will I guess keep his branch open as long as he can.

Game over.

Craig is a survivor, you have to give him that; he could declare bankruptcy at any time, but thats been the case for a long time.. if theres any way to stay out of it, he'll find it. He's definately devious! (Other than getting the assistance of other people, like investors.. doesn't seem to be his strong suit.) But he'll find some $$ somewhere, and drag it out awhile longer I bet. He'll pull through I think, kicking and screaming ;)

But in the worst case, ED is carrying the flag and not going to let it drop for anyone.

jeff

Frankly, I can understand Craig not giving that information to us in an open forum. It really isn't our business.

However, I think it would be good form to give complete insight and disclosure to ED. After all, he's leaning heavily on ED to help him get through it. Most of these, "Come clean on the numbers," requests would stop if ED could say, "I have all of the information on Craig's order and refund queue and we're working out a scenario for fulfillment."

Unfortunately, the dialogue between the two of them seems to have become tainted.

So openpandora.org now leads to that fancy new site Craig made and I couldn't help but notice that his shop is conspicuously absent from the "Order Now" page. I won't presume to guess about why but I am rather curious.

Read the thread here ;) ... he doesn't have any units in stock, and no $$ to get units.. so he'd have to take pre-orders, which would be silly. Therefore orders are sent to EDs shop mostly, and any 'profit' made from those orders is to re-pay for new units that are being send to Craigs queue with the goal of eventually freeing everyone.

jeff

Well that was what I assumed :p

but I didn't want to post that, as too much conjecture has lead to problems in the past. However, if that is the case, it seems VERY unlikely that I will get my refund any time soon and it might in fact be quicker to switch my preorder back to a... well, order. I don't friggin know anymore... I'm basically just flopping in the wind at this point.

Read the thread here ;) ... he doesn't have any units in stock, and no $$ to get units.. so he'd have to take pre-orders, which would be silly. Therefore orders are sent to EDs shop mostly, and any 'profit' made from those orders is to re-pay for new units that are being send to Craigs queue with the goal of eventually freeing everyone.

jeff

So... assuming that the 800+/- number is a combined sales & refunds queue, and assuming it will cost $300 (likely higher) in parts or cold hard cash (refunds) on average to fulfill each of those...

Effectively that works out to the tune of $240,000 more or less... :blink: That's a lot of zeros involved for a handshake business deal with sketchy details.

Of course, I'm making up those numbers in pure speculation - but I'm betting I'm in the right ballpark.

So I am just wondering about my order through I believe Jacquelyn order #9813US2 with a Queue # of 160 back on Aug 10th. my question is if I cancel it can I order from EvilDragon and "get it now"? or is this going to come soon? as I see on the main page 1ghz orders ships out now! .... why don't I have mine if that's the case! sorry if I seem upset but I really hate the idea that people can order one now and get it in a week when I'm about $800 USD in with nothing.

Your order is through Craig, so you are in a similar boat as me. The only difference is mine is for significantly less but for a MUCH longer period of time. If you asked for a refund today god knows when you will get it and likewise for when you will get a device. I'm really sorry to share this news with you but at least now you know the state of events. :unsure:

The only way to get one soon would be to order a fresh one from ED. Unfortunately your $800 will remain comfortably in limbo.

Your order is through Craig, so you are in a similar boat as me. The only difference is mine is for significantly less but for a MUCH longer period of time. If you asked for a refund today god knows when you will get it and likewise for when you will get a device. I'm really sorry to share this news with you but at least now you know the state of events. :unsure:

The only way to get one soon would be to order a fresh one from ED. Unfortunately your $800 will remain comfortably in limbo.

I wish I would have know that cause I WOULD HAVE NEVER ORDER ONE FROM CRAIG! FML FMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFML :(

FML for waiting to get a mini gaming laptop is a bit hard, don't you think? If you can't wait you can order one from ED. Which raises the interessting question:

If you pay 2 times the upgrade (one at craig, the other at ed) do you get: 2 Pandoras? Or 1 Pandora and a refund of the upgrade price? Or just 1 Pandora?

If you get 2 Pandoras you made a very good deal. Get one pandora now for 375€ and the second one later when sales are making profits.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking about launching a class action suit against Craig, I'm going to be meeting a lawyer I know. Now, I don't know much about the law (hence the meeting), and I'm simply fed up with Craig. Some of the things I'll be asking my lawyer buddy is whether or not I can file a suit against Craig personally for this mess, or if I need to file a suit against OpenPandora as a whole. Quite frankly, I have absolutely no reason to believe that even if I ask for a refund, there's no guarantee of it. I think this is the best chance at getting some refund and put a stop to this mess I've been following since my first batch preorder in 2008. Does anyone have any questions I can ask my lawyer as well?

I think your lawyer will ask the vital question:

Does he have any money that could be won?

ie: If OPuk had money, he'd refund it. Since has can't do refunds or orders right now, he's sitting at zilch, which means a class action will cost a lot (lawyer makes money), but no one will win any. (usually this is the case with class actions,a nd with lawyers in general.)

Now if you go after C personally, well, thats really harsh. you might be able to nab him there for bad decisions or imrpoper or whatever I wouldn't know, but thats really nasty.

jeff

Yeah and it would only cost you more money than you paid for your pandora originally, to pay a lawyer and such.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that your lawyer friend will tell you it is a complete waste of time. Supposing you do get a class action suit going, and supposing you do win, Craig has demonstrated how very little money he has and could very easily file for bankruptcy: not only would you still not get a refund but no one in his queue would get any refunds or Pandoras and you would be out whatever legal fees you would have hoped to reclaim in court as well.

Well, this isn't a big corporation here and you cant get blood out of a turnip. I doubt a suit would make any money appear for anyone. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out and it's affect on the pandora.

That's a bit crazy to look at laying any action against someone when you have not even asked for a refund yet. If you don't want to wait anymore , ask for a refund and give it 6 months, then take it from there. After all, Craig has not said he is not refunding people anymore, just that there is now a delay due to his financial circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back