About Replacement Styli

Your Stylus was featured in ED's last Video. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=Gv-gJr3wBD4

This gave me the Idea of how the thick part of the XStylus could be improved for better handling. ^^ Some kind of rough "ripple" structure and it would be even more comfortable to hold I guess. Quick mockup:

xstylus.jpg

The X-Stylus looks quite impressive, if EvilDragon had some of them in his Shop, i would by one or two,

Whats the price of them Elton?, And can you make them in diverent Colours to White? (meybe Black or Blue)

On the Road i would use the Nubs as Mouse but at home, i wont to use the Stylus..

fusion_power said:
Some kind of rough "ripple" structure and it would be even more comfortable to hold I guess.
I'm not a big fan of the grip idea, but I think you could probably mod something like that into the stylus on your own, perhaps with some epoxy or super glue? Not as nice as having it molded-in, I know... :p

matzesu said:
Whats the price of them Elton?, And can you make them in diverent Colours to White? (meybe Black or Blue)
I think the white is only that color because it's a prototype. The material used may only come in that color.

Last edited by a moderator:
-Tj- said:
I think the white is only that color because it's a prototype. The material used may only come in that color.
Prototypes are frequently white because it shows stress points better, I believe.

I would think black would be better suited to show stress points, since it tends to show up as a lighter color where stressed... maybe I'm misunderstanding what stress points are, tho. :p

@fusion_power Thanks guy, I didn't realize the xstylus is on the video. :D Regarding to the ripple thing, it is all up to the team to decide whether they want it to be there.

@matzesu Thank for your interest, I am talking to ED to have him sell this in the shop as part of the official good, so I don't have the pricing yet. If you really want it, may be you can shot
ED an email and tell him you want it, it should speed up the process. hahahaha.

@color issue, the prototype raw material is white, that's why it is in white. I guess the final product will be in black which go with the color of the case. But of cause it is up to the team to decide.

Elton said:
@matzesu Thank for your interest, I am talking to ED to have him sell this in the shop as part of the official good, so I don't have the pricing yet. If you really want it, may be you can shot
ED an email and tell him you want it, it should speed up the process. hahahaha.

You can be sure I want to sell it ;)

Last edited:
Nice to see that the openness of the Pandora extends to sale of third party extensions as well.

Congratulations Elton.

Nice to Hear EvilDragon, but only send an Stylus is a bit unökologic..., meybe you have some Pandora T-Shirts to prevent the Stylus for not ship alone..

Hey, ED count me in for this, too. Just include it in the package when you return my repaired pandora :p Eeeh, you will repair it, won't you?

I just wonder if it'll ge 'floppy' in the bend/articulation points over time? I don't know about materials but how many pieces of plastic have you seen that would snap back after warping a few dozen times? Or maybe theres somethign in it to help keep tension?

Very awesome hack and going through with it .. way cool. Well done sir!

jeff

I just hope that Elton isn't disappointed by trickling sales. I can forsee hundreds of users swarming to these things, or just a couple dozen. It's hard to say until more Pandoras are out there.

I don't know about everyone else, but I DEFINITELY want one or more of these! Your invention kicks ass Elton!

I had not been watching this thread, but since it stayed at the top for so long I finally took a look and I am glad I did! Has a price been discussed yet? Or are we still in the planning stages?

Edit: Does this fit in the NDS? I would like to get one for my little sister if it does. I bet she would like it.

XxionxX said:
Edit: Does this fit in the NDS? I would like to get one for my little sister if it does. I bet she would like it.
There's one specifically for the NDS. This one being created is for Pandora only, since the NDS one is a little too small.

WizardStan said:
XxionxX said:
There's one specifically for the NDS. This one being created is for Pandora only, since the NDS one is a little too small.

Sweet! <--Cartman voice

@skeezix No, as I have mentioned in earlier post, we are keeping the bending within a "yield" point, the material will be able to return to its original form. Of cause this is just theory from my engineering class 10 years ago, but so far we don't see any 'floppy' in our samples. As long as your put it back into its original form after use, it shouldn't lose its tension.

@XxionxX I have sent my offer to the ED, it is up to them to make the decision. If we can get to an agreement, we can start the production anytime. We DO have a version for the NDSL and NDSi, which version is your sis using? how old is she?

Elton said:
@skeezix No, as I have mentioned in earlier post, we are keeping the bending within a "yield" point, the material will be able to return to its original form. Of cause this is just theory from my engineering class 10 years ago, but so far we don't see any 'floppy' in our samples. As long as your put it back into its original form after use, it shouldn't lose its tension.

@XxionxX I have sent my offer to the ED, it is up to them to make the decision. If we can get to an agreement, we can start the production anytime. We DO have a version for the NDSL and NDSi, which version is your sis using? how old is she?

She is 13, and I think she has a NDSL. I want to make sure before I buy so I'm gonna ask her today. I don't see her that often because she is my wife's sister and she lives with her parents.

XxionxX said:
Elton said:

She is 13, and I think she has a NDSL. I want to make sure before I buy so I'm gonna ask her today. I don't see her that often because she is my wife's sister and she lives with her parents.

OIC. for now I only has prototoype for NDS(s) now. However, I am planning to use Kickstarter.com to gather buyer for NDS Xstylus, it should happen very soon. I will let you know if the project is up.

Back