Advanced Tactical Fighter

This should be all you need so you'll not have problems with 'feeling right'.

5 - Everyone these days wants faster everything - perhaps this game is about just flying around and looking at stuff
I'd like armageddon weather if done properly. Or at least 'something'(you have to get somewhere before 2 months™, huge pandoras are falling out of the ski to stop you eliminating molds saboteurs or maybe you're the plane transporting the finished moulds/pandoras to the 'victims')
If you can't control altitude there're not that many 'advices'. I don't know how skill you are or at least think you are to add something really useful.

Also the camera should change proximity in a relation with the plane normal. The camera delay is a bad choice, don't use it if you don't need to hide 'suitable problems'.

Yes trendy, proportional cameras are what everyone does. I like the rollercoaster effect we've got going on. It introduces a penalty for flying up and down high hills.

I know what you mean though - it hides the pitch problem.

OK, I've played the original and I know the theme song, which I'll practice on the piano. As for Thunderstruck, I'll do a rather chiptune rendition.

BTW, I was showing my sister how to mess a little with the resource files, here's a funny screenshot:

4017483399_82614805bc.jpg

A quick vid I recorded. Also you might want to make it so it doesn't use 100% CPU all the time Unfathomable Depths ;)

Just because the game using 100% CPU only causes problems when something is running in the background doesn't mean that it shouldn't be fixed.

What I meant was that recording to Xvid(which normally works just fine at 30FPS) was unplayable, and even just recording an uncompressed AVI only recorded at 20FPS. But then my computer sucks, so oh well.

LOL, I'm working in Anvil Studio on Thunderstruck, it's coming together.

4017701079_481c765617.jpg

Also, some people have GPUs that actually make a small squealing noise when driven too hard, due to some weird Linux/OpenGL driver glitch.
Also, it's just a waste of CPU / GPU / electrical power.

OK guys - here is the frame limited version. Uses about 30% CPU on my p.o.s. PC.

http://www.fileden.com/getfile.php?file_path=http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/6/27/1978308/ATF.zip

Tested it on my compaq mini (N270 1.66ghz) running at 800mhz.
Minimum: 1%
Average: around 6-7%
Max: 16%

*Edit*
I did encounter something somewhat strange when checking this in windows, if you start the game, then causes it to loose focus, it wont do to just refocus the window (ie click on it)
you also have to give it some input, otherwise it averaged around 17-18%
Also, when the game does not have focus, it eats cycles again using 100% of one core.

Unfathomable Depths said:
Yes, your right Dimacus.
No idea why. I'll look into it. Cheers.
Looks good. I can confirm it doesn't go above 1-2% on my Core 2 Dou P9600 when playing (says 1% so that is probably 2% on one of the cores). When I select another window, confirmed it maxes out one of the cores.

Edit: oh, as for frames, Fraps tells me 61-62 average the lowest was 59 once. The previous version would do 1000-1200 frames/s always maxing out a core. Maybe your frame limiter only works when the game is the active window? Fraps won't tell me framerate when it isn't the active window so I can't check. Maybe you could add framerate output to the text window?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back