All Orders Refunded - So What If You Didn't Get A Refund?

Noisome said:
Got my refund too, today. Credit Union in the US. Can't wait for the reorder page.

Noisome
I got my refund today too. Problem. I paid 800, I received back 664. Thats a $136 difference. Is the US economy really that bad?

Last edited by a moderator:
@AireTamStorm: Actually, no, it's the opposite.

The fact you've received less back than you've paid (in your currency) is actually a side effect of the US dollar IMPROVING against the pound.

edit: here's a graph that show this (it shows how many british pence is needed to buy one US dollar, this link will also give you an inverse graph)

graph120.png

AireTamStorm said:
Noisome said:
Got my refund too, today. Credit Union in the US. Can't wait for the reorder page.

Noisome
I got my refund today too. Problem. I paid 800, I received back 664. Thats a $136 difference. Is the US economy really that bad?

Wow, did you make any donations to the dev fund or pay for any extras? That's a whopping difference right there... :eek:

I'd guess it's an order for two Pandoras?

edit: ah, I see what you were saying. White Demon's chart explains it...

Thanks White Demon, I actually realized that after I had posted.

Iorgy77 said:
Wow, did you make any donations to the dev fund or pay for any extras? That's a whopping difference right there... :eek:
Two Pandora, a dev fund, two extra batteries, TV cables, a case...

I actually kind of regretted my order afterwards... I got one for myself and one for a friend. I need two or three for myself to develop POND...

So,
A ) Good thing I didn't order 4 the first time around :p
B ) I hope I get to order that many this time around after all the canceled / fake orders :D
C ) I hope this doesn't happen again after I do :D

White Demon said:
Finally got my refund today.

Originally paid AUD$448, plus a conversion fee of $11.20.

Got back AUD$441. No refund of the conversion fee.

So far I'm out $8 ($20 if I count the conversion fee).
Woohoo, I got mine back too (Citibank/VISA). Paid $448.04, refunded $441.12. According to XE.com, 199 GBP = 449.18 AUD, so might have incurred a small fee or the banks just have a different rate.

quartercast said:
Woohoo, I got mine back too (Citibank/VISA). Paid $448.04, refunded $441.12. According to XE.com, 199 GBP = 449.18 AUD, so might have incurred a small fee or the banks just have a different rate.
Yes, xe.com gives you a guide but you don't usually get quite that rate - banks have to wet their beaks. $7 not a major movement on paid and refunded either. I didn't realise they had stayed roughly in line.

TaG said:
quartercast said:
Yes, xe.com gives you a guide but you don't usually get quite that rate - banks have to wet their beaks. $7 not a major movement on paid and refunded either. I didn't realise they had stayed roughly in line.
Well not too long ago I calculated I'd get back roughly 480 AUD (according to xe.com), so the pound's weakened against the aussie dollar recently. At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter what I get back (apparently), I'm just patiently waiting for the CC order page to launched.

Back