All Orders Refunded - So What If You Didn't Get A Refund?

Phawx said:
If he paid in gumballs and they accepted gumballs but later they converted it to the same share of doughnuts, Did he pay in gumballs or doughnuts?

His problem is that he paid in gumballs and they are giving him the doughnuts worth back in gumballs and he doesn't want that amount, but unfortunately that's all they have to give him to be fair for them.

In the end, he paid in gumballs when the only currency they were looking for was doughnuts. he still paid with gumballs.
How can you be sure he paid in gumballs or doughnuts, He may have paid in mojo`s, Blackjack`s or even fruit salads for all we know.

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a little worried because I payed on an ANZ visa debit card and haven't heard anything back yet. At least the AU$ is more rubbish now than it was a few months ago so I'll get back a little more money for a couple of days until I reorder.

Still no refund here yet either. I emailed the team about it a few days ago, and was told to give it another week. That will be in about 2 days.

I used a single use credit card attached to an account. I keep checking the balance every couple days and it hasn't changed. :(

I'm hopeful, however. Banks are swift at taking money, but slow to give it back. Considering my own personal banking debacle that happened over the summer, I'm not at all surprised at the concept of Craig's bank dragging their feet over this.

I got my refund, but I'm very unhappy with it. It cost me 197.77 GBP, which translated to $353.50 back then + $10.60 foreign transaction charge, coming out to $364.10 USD. When I got my refund, I only got $289.03 + $8.67 back, coming out to $297.70 USD. That means that I lost out on $66.40 USD without receiving anything at all. I know that it's the bank's fault for this credit card issue and that economy sucks right now, but I still can't help but feel like I've been gypped out of $66.40 without receiving anything in return.

You got back in pounds what you paid in pounds, so unless the exchange rate moves a lot until you reorder you'll pay more or less the same as you received back (as that is the amount, in pounds, that you're supposed to pay). The exchange rate difference goes both ways, remember. You'll presumably lose transaction charges, but you shouldn't lose out on the exchange rate.

I haven't been refunded yet. Do I have to actually do something myself to get refunded, or should I just wait it out?

I haven't sent a mail or called anyone(I'd rather not have to call anybody because of the cost of long distance calls with me being here in Norway and all)

But did you get the email saying that you would be refunded? If yes, then the refund should arrive eventually. It took a while for some of us. If no, then you're possible in the clear and can sit back and relax, or to be certain you could fire off an email to openpandora and ask if you're in the clear.

I received the e-mail explaining that I'd have to re-order. I'll try to e-mail them just in case.

trooper said:
Phawx said:
If he paid in gumballs and they accepted gumballs but later they converted it to the same share of doughnuts, Did he pay in gumballs or doughnuts?

His problem is that he paid in gumballs and they are giving him the doughnuts worth back in gumballs and he doesn't want that amount, but unfortunately that's all they have to give him to be fair for them.

In the end, he paid in gumballs when the only currency they were looking for was doughnuts. he still paid with gumballs.
How can you be sure he paid in gumballs or doughnuts, He may have paid in mojo`s, Blackjack`s or even fruit salads for all we know.

Trooper

That's exactly right. We are arguing over semantics. The bottom line is what our definition of paid is.

"If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?"

I define sound as = "1b. Transmitted vibrations of any frequency."

Since the tree is transmitting the vibrations through the air, Yes it makes a sound.

If you had asked, "If a tree falls in the vacuum of space, does it make a sound?" I would say no.

In the end. If I paid in USD, no matter what it was converted into, I still paid in USD. Also, If I were to walk into a forest and while in the forest was transformed into a frog, I still walked into the forest as a human.

Ranma13 said:
I got my refund, but I'm very unhappy with it. It cost me 197.77 GBP, which translated to $353.50 back then + $10.60 foreign transaction charge, coming out to $364.10 USD. When I got my refund, I only got $289.03 + $8.67 back, coming out to $297.70 USD. That means that I lost out on $66.40 USD without receiving anything at all. I know that it's the bank's fault for this credit card issue and that economy sucks right now, but I still can't help but feel like I've been gypped out of $66.40 without receiving anything in return.
You got refunded exactly the GBP 197.77 that you initially paid. If you had reordered right away, you'd have had to pay GBP 197.77 again - which was $289.03, plus transaction charge, i.e. no money lost _apart from_ wire transfer fee.

That's why so many of us in first waves decided to eat the small wire transfer fee and reorder right away - so we wouldn't potentially lose much more on exchange rates.

Phawx said:
In the end. If I paid in USD, no matter what it was converted into, I still paid in USD. Also, If I were to walk into a forest and while in the forest was transformed into a frog, I still walked into the forest as a human.
False analogy. You were transformed into a frog moments _before_ entering the forest in the first place.

Phawx said:
Also, If I were to walk into a forest and while in the forest was transformed into a frog, I still walked into the forest as a human.

In the case of this eventuality, your Pandora would be useless to you. Send it to me before you go to the forest and I will get you a nice big lily pad.

Great, so now we are debating where the forest is in terms of placing our order.

I get the money conversion and it isn't a big deal, provided you plan to re-order. I don't even mind waiting for the CC page to be put up and the resulting money I *may* lose by not doing a bank transfer as soon as I get my refund, just so that I can have security.

But if you just want to cancel and no longer wish to be aboard the SS Pandora, you are getting beat. <--- for these people, they bought a Pandora quite awhile ago. And what they expect back is the amount that they paid originally. The money HAS to be converted so there is no winning here.

In conclusion, your best option is to just re-order the Pandora, it will only be slightly different if you wait for the CC page to go up +/- $10 or it will be the exact same if you do the bank transfer. The Bank transfer has no security, By CC it does, but you will be paying extra for that security.

That is all.

Phawx said:
Great, so now we are debating where the forest is in terms of placing our order.

I get the money conversion and it isn't a big deal, provided you plan to re-order. I don't even mind waiting for the CC page to be put up and the resulting money I *may* lose by not doing a bank transfer as soon as I get my refund, just so that I can have security.

But if you just want to cancel and no longer wish to be aboard the SS Pandora, you are getting beat. <--- for these people, they bought a Pandora quite awhile ago. And what they expect back is the amount that they paid originally. The money HAS to be converted so there is no winning here.

In conclusion, your best option is to just re-order the Pandora, it will only be slightly different if you wait for the CC page to go up +/- $10 or it will be the exact same if you do the bank transfer. The Bank transfer has no security, By CC it does, but you will be paying extra for that security.

That is all.
iawtc, also even in the unlikely event you DO lose some money, just reorder and sell to someone so desperate to have it they will pay above the odds before the second batch is ready. There is going to be people willing.

Finally got my refund (Australia, VISA credit card, Commonwealth Bank)

Now waiting for credit card order page.

I wonder how much CBA charges for an international direct deposit transfer?

slaanesh said:
I wonder how much CBA charges for an international direct deposit transfer?
Via the Commonwealth's Netbank it's "Up to $22" but true to form, they don't tell you how that is calculated.

Edit: another of their documents just says a flat "$22", while yet another says "Note: depending on the destination country and method of delivery (if applicable)". Don't know if it's different over the counter.

Finally got my refund today.

Originally paid AUD$448, plus a conversion fee of $11.20.

Got back AUD$441. No refund of the conversion fee.

So far I'm out $8 ($20 if I count the conversion fee).

I enqwuired about a telegraphic transfer the other day, my bank told me it would $30 over the counter or $20 through the website. I still believe my cc fee will be a little less than that.

So now I'm wait for the cc page with the rest of'em.

Whaddaya know, mine too (VISA debit, local Building Society in Australia).

Oddly, I paid AU$457 (197.77 GBP) but only got back AU$432, unlike other Aussies who actually got back a bit more. I suppose the difference is my Building Society's wide margin for buy-sell rates for currency conversion - I lose about 2.5% in each direction.

In the end, I figure I'll lose about $10-20, which I'm okay with. The second batch will cost that much extra anyway, with the extra RAM.

Got my refund too, today. Credit Union in the US. Can't wait for the reorder page.

Noisome

Back