All Orders Refunded - So What If You Didn't Get A Refund?

I am in Australia. I paid with VISA.
I got my refund email two weeks ago.
I still haven't received my refund.
I check my bank statement everyday.
It doesn't take this long to get a refund.
I'm getting annoyed.

Having said all that I bet the refund will come tomorrow. :p

I'm gonna have to jump on the "haven't gotten my refund" boat. I cancelled my order a good 4 or 5 days before I even got my refund order, the person I emailed at the store said it was good to go, and the email said it would take 3 days to process. It's now a week out from my refund email (and almost two weeks out from my original cancellation) and I still haven't seen a credit to my account. No response from yet from the store. Guess I'll try sending more emails somewhere else...

I had not received my email by Tuesday last week so I replied to my original order email. Wednesday I got my email and by Friday the refund went through (Commonwealth bank Australia) as well as another copy of the same email and an apology from Jacquelyn. So I am not sure if they emailed me originally because of my email or it was just my time. Either way, relieved it is over with for now. Bring on the CC order page! :D

slaanesh said:
I'm getting annoyed.

Sounds almost exactly like my story. I got my email 11 days ago. I check my bank statement every day. Nothing. This is a pretty stupid situation, I don't know why proper research and discussion wasn't done with the banks beforehand. I would have thought that'd be one of the first issues to be settled on a project like this.

If the refund process WAS instigated through error by an uneducated person at the bank, shouldn't this be a scandal? Shouldn't you be able to sue their asses? I have a feeling someone's being stepped on around here, and I want to do something about it. There must be some sort of financial regulator all of us can complain to, at least in the UK. No more Mr. Nice Guy... I'm P.O.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine was a CBA Visa btw.

Refund appears as a credit on my netbank statement and not as the original transaction reversed. I think I made around 4 bucks on the exchange rate.

Iorgy77 said:
Mine was a CBA Visa btw.

Refund appears as a credit on my netbank statement and not as the original transaction reversed. I think I made around 4 bucks on the exchange rate.
Mine's the same. CBA VISA.
Something must have gone wrong with mine. :-(

Thanks for the information, very helpful.

Bring on those AUD$4.00 :)

Mine's a Visa debit card from a local building society in NSW. No refund yet, but I'm in no hurry. I'm used to Oz being behind everyone esle :)

slaanesh said:
Iorgy77 said:
Mine was a CBA Visa btw.

Mine's the same. CBA VISA.
Something must have gone wrong with mine. :-(

Thanks for the information, very helpful.

Bring on those AUD$4.00 :)
Australia - CBA Visa here too, still waiting on mine. after getting the email ages back.

Just noticed the sticky has changed to All refunds not sent. They bank taking their sweet ass time as usual.

Guess we just gotta sit tight a little bit longer. *sigh*

slaanesh said:
I'm getting annoyed.

Same. Ordered using VISA, got my refund email nine days ago.

If I don't see a refund in my account by the end of the week I'm going to send a friendly email asking what the status of it is.

hey

I am yet to receive a refund also, I received the reorder email on Thu 27 Nov 2008, and it is now Mon 8 Dec 2008.

Anyhows I just sent off an email to see if I should be concerned or anything, I think it should be okay, but the email might be handy for the Pandora folks to pressure the bank or whatever.

Has anyone from Australia received their refund yet?

cyas

My order was completed on 09/30/08, and received the confirmation from my bank the same day. I have not gotten an email regarding my purchase, or anything about a refund... ever, since that day. I just want to make certain of my purchase, and that I have not missed out on anything vital regarding the "eventual" arrival of the Pandora. Who do I contact withing the OpenPandora community about this? Thanks in advance.

PS: I'm from the West Coast of the US, and I placed my order early on the 1st day one could(at work sometime around 9am PST through GBAX.com)

hey

Hmm, you should have got a confirmation email with an order number when you purchased the thing, and that is the email address you should use to make contact. I'm not sure if I should give you the email on the forums, I think I will leave that for a moderator or something. Maybe you could try private message cragix, Chip, or EvilDragon.

I think you will have to get the details of your transaction so they can track down ya order, but I would advise ya not to post sensitive information on the forums.

You might wanna check and make sure that your confirmation email, and any other emails were not filtered as spam.

cyas

BenT said:
keaft: Please point to where I was impolite... seriously.

And telling people who have paid $400+ to get this thing (Aussie dollars) to take their complaint about being(at best) "inadvertantly exaggerated to" is dandy... guaranteed to prove the OpenPandora cares about it's customers/community.

I can understand that, I paid in USD, and the Dollar has since strengthened to the point where I got a ~$291 refund on a payment of ~$355. Making it a choice of take a $64 hit or pay an additional ~$10 to reorder.

Perhaps for some people $64 isn't a large sum of money, but for some it is. Especially those of us that got kind of screwed over the exchange rates the first time.

hedwards said:
I can understand that, I paid in USD, and the Dollar has since strengthened to the point where I got a ~$291 refund on a payment of ~$355. Making it a choice of take a $64 hit or pay an additional ~$10 to reorder.

Perhaps for some people $64 isn't a large sum of money, but for some it is. Especially those of us that got kind of screwed over the exchange rates the first time.

Sure $64 is a lot. And it is a bummer. Don't forget though, if they hadn't had to refund they would still have your money, and if you wanted to get your money back, ie cancel your order, you would have incurred the hit. Re-ordering only restores the status quo for a small percentage of the cost. Oh, and some free RAM as compensation...

hedwards said:
I paid in USD

No you didn't. You paid in GBP, which you bought for USD.

Many here seem to suffer from same misunderstanding.

If he paid in gumballs and they accepted gumballs but later they converted it to the same share of doughnuts, Did he pay in gumballs or doughnuts?

His problem is that he paid in gumballs and they are giving him the doughnuts worth back in gumballs and he doesn't want that amount, but unfortunately that's all they have to give him to be fair for them.

In the end, he paid in gumballs when the only currency they were looking for was doughnuts. he still paid with gumballs.

Surely all he would have left is indigestion?

Actually, he paid in took his gumballs and asked his bank to give them doughnuts.
They gave the same number of doughnuts back. But his bank had to give him gumballs.

The banks and card companies mixed and matched gumballs and doughnuts and took a fee at every stage probably. Ah, the beautiful world of commerce. Makes the world go around.

White Demon said:
Same. Ordered using VISA, got my refund email nine days ago.

If I don't see a refund in my account by the end of the week I'm going to send a friendly email asking what the status of it is.
Looks like I'm the same little support group as the rest of you...

Ordered Visa,
Got Refund Email 13 days ago,
Still no refund.

And I happen to be in a financial shithole right now. And yet, I plan to order the same exact equipment I ordered before. Do not test me, worldwide financial crisis. You will lose.

For everyone that got a refund email but no refund.

If you have online access. Make sure you look at your previous statement that has the ORIGINAL Pandora order.
A lot of credit card companies just refund it back and put it on the old statement.

If you do not have online access .... CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY and ask if the amount was refunded. Most likely it will not show up on your current statement.

hey

Well I noticed I have been refunded now :), the date of the refund is 05/12. Hmm, so it seems to have taken a few days just to appear on the online balance. BTW, for me it just appeared as a new credit.

Anyhows I have actually received about AU$10 extra, but of course because of the current value of the AUS dollar, the Pandora will cost around AU$10 extra also, hehe.

cyas

Back