All the nubs are there! (2011 - 01 - 11)

Ah, okay, didn't see that.

We're currently arranging shipping, so pickup will probably be within this week.

They hadn't been shipped since we eventually wanted to start assembly at the new company in Taiwan, but if CC continues production without anymore delays, there's no reason to switch.

We still have boards for the next 1300 Pandoras in UK :)

Thanks. I am one of the ones who ordered at the very end of Batch1, so I am most certainly outside those 1300, hence my concern on the cases shipping ETA.

It sounds like the board manufacturer is running at speed, so fingers crossed you will have the confidence to get the cases shipped.

Cheers

CS

Last edited by a moderator:
Right :D

Too much work and no time to play makes ED a dull boy :D
If only you had some kind of portable console. Something small enough that you could carry it basically anywhere, but powerful enough to run some mighty impressive games. If you had such a thing, you could bring it out and fit in play time during even brief periods of waiting: in lines at the mall, waiting for an elevator, even sitting on the toilet if you're of the mind.

Where oh WHERE could we possibly find such a thing? :p

If only you had some kind of portable console. Something small enough that you could carry it basically anywhere, but powerful enough to run some mighty impressive games. If you had such a thing, you could bring it out and fit in play time during even brief periods of waiting: in lines at the mall, waiting for an elevator, even sitting on the toilet if you're of the mind.

Where oh WHERE could we possibly find such a thing? :p

Pah, and you'd like to have such a thing with a pre-installed linux on it and open for everyone to create and configure whatever they want, right? DREAM ON! ;)

English is not your first language is it? I'm still unsure if you're a wind up. Lol.

Great idee, whey dosnt realize someone it and called it like a Woman from the Greeze Mythologie???? :unsure:
That's a great idea! Great things come out of Greek mythology. Let's see... the speed and efficiency of Hermes, combined with the beauty and elegance of Aphrodite, I propose we name it the Hermaphrodite! Fortunes will be had!

There's nothing wrong so far with Batch 2, it's still planned to start shortly after Batch 1 is finished.

But as long as we have no idea if CC can keep up the speed and how many they can really produce per week / month, how can we predict when Batch 2 will start?

Are the companies involved ready for batch 2? Like, have you placed the orders? Or do you have a good reason to wait until Batch 1 is done so that production halts a bit before getting the train moving again?

Sorry in advance for sounding like something that could raise your level of stress. I'm not used to this semi-transparancy, and I can understand that in certain situations you have your reasons for not telling us everything, and I DO apprechiate the fact that you inform us at all, and basically, nothing you tell us will make Pandora deliveries any sooner. But it would relieve some of our unease, unless it's bad news, which speculativly would serve as a reason why there is such secrecy about Batch 2, bad news which would backfire and create more stress for you.

"Finnished with my woman cause she couldn't help me with my mind *frap*"

And yeah, sorry again... keep up the good work!

Are the companies involved ready for batch 2? Like, have you placed the orders? Or do you have a good reason to wait until Batch 1 is done so that production halts a bit before getting the train moving again?

The orders for all parts have been placed and they should be available when we give them the call that we need them.

CC does know they should produce Batch 2 when Batch 1 is done ASAP as well (yes, as long as CC is now producing fast and reliable, there's no need to move to a new company).

Sorry in advance for sounding like something that could raise your level of stress. I'm not used to this semi-transparancy, and I can understand that in certain situations you have your reasons for not telling us everything, and I DO apprechiate the fact that you inform us at all, and basically, nothing you tell us will make Pandora deliveries any sooner. But it would relieve some of our unease, unless it's bad news, which speculativly would serve as a reason why there is such secrecy about Batch 2, bad news which would backfire and create more stress for you.

What semi-transparency? Everything that can be said about the second batch has been said already. We told ages ago that the parts have been ordered and that it should start shortly after Batch 1... so what else do you need to know?

I don't care about batch 2! We want videocables!

Just joking, but I really think the 2nd batchers should stop complaining so much. They have been waiting for what, a few months tops?

I'm really wondering about those video-cables though ...

What semi-transparency?
From my very first post nearly 3 years ago, I've noticed a trend of people accusing OPT of withholding information, yet when asked what information they want, they ask about things that were already explained, easily inferred, impossible to know, or simply disappear. Occasionally they have asked a reasonable question that simply hadn't occurred to you guys to disclose because you didn't think anyone cared. Remember sometime early last year the whole discussion on jam vs jelly?

on a side note, we WERE told that some 2000+ cases have been shipped to UK via ship LOOOONG time ago, only recently do we find out that those cases stayed in japan cause OPT is thinking of moving production to Taiwan all of a sudden

Any News about the next Boards from CC?

If i remember Corektly, MWeston said something about 400 Boards they should arive this week..

At least 250 more boards arrived in England yesterday. 400 more are supposed to ship next week (or it actually might have been by the end of this week but I doubt it) at the same time as 2000 more nubs arrive in Texas so that the next 1000 boards can be built right after this set. It's starting to feel like things are on track again. Craig says nub failure on these new boards is currently ZERO which is really good. When we got those first 400 boards in May, it was very obvious that the nubs failure was NOT ZERO so this great news.

Source

on a side note, we WERE told that some 2000+ cases have been shipped to UK via ship LOOOONG time ago, only recently do we find out that those cases stayed in japan cause OPT is thinking of moving production to Taiwan all of a sudden
I don't think that's them hiding it though. It was only Two Months between the announcement that they'd been sent by boat and ED correcting that to say they'd be holding them. I suspect that was miscommunication within OPT and not them trying to cover things up.

...even sitting on the toilet if you're of the mind.

Expect toilet breaks at work to increase dramatically for Pandora users in employment (aka slavery). Plus there's smoke playing Pandora outside breaks and lunchtime the long Pandora session in the middle of the day.

0.jpg

I'm self-employed so have to work for a living (while drinking beer with my feet in a paddling pool). No doubt with a Pandora I will find new relaxing locations to work from, especially when the weather improves.

Keep up the good work EvilD, all that soldering sounds tiring! ( Keep soldering on :rolleyes: )

Yes, and I also explained officially why it didn't happen.

And the idea of moving to Taiwan was also mentioned some time ago.

Any News about the next Boards from CC?

Not yes, Clint (the CEO) mailed MWeston today that he's working on a definate reliable (hopefully!) schedule for ALL the remaining boards now that they just got all the nubs at once :)

We'll try to find out more each day :)

From my very first post nearly 3 years ago, I've noticed a trend of people accusing OPT of withholding information, yet when asked what information they want, they ask about things that were already explained, easily inferred, impossible to know, or simply disappear. Occasionally they have asked a reasonable question that simply hadn't occurred to you guys to disclose because you didn't think anyone cared. Remember sometime early last year the whole discussion on jam vs jelly?

Jam and jelly are semitransparent.

Back