Anyone Get There Tracking/shipping Email Yet?

Well, I think Craig and Michael are super busy modding those 700 boards, and doing assembly. They have only made a few post today, so I hope that means they are getting a lot done.

So hopefully tommorow we can all get some kind of update in regards to what is going on, and when shipping should start. It should have been today, if only a few units got done, they should have gotten shipped out ASAP. At this point there is really no excuse for not shipping something everyday. IMO! If units are completed, they should be going out the door.

Chris

jumpman said:
Well, I think Craig and Michael are super busy modding those 700 boards, and doing assembly. They have only made a few post today, so I hope that means they are getting a lot done.

So hopefully tommorow we can all get some kind of update in regards to what is going on, and when shipping should start. It should have been today, if only a few units got done, they should have gotten shipped out ASAP. At this point there is really no excuse for not shipping something everyday. IMO! If units are completed, they should be going out the door.

Chris

The assembly of a unit is just half of it. What if they don't have a build of the OS they're ready to mass flash? Or there's a minor update or two they're waiting to implement before mass flashing. Just trying to keep expecations realistic. They may wait a few days to ship to get more done with the software.

Not trying to be negative, just trying to temper expectations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well hopefully they took ED's orders in to account because I ordered in the first minute and was given a 250-350 estimate!

Units in the UK and Europe might be shipped individually, but they also might not want to ship individual pandoras to the US, pallets of 200+ units and distributing from the US would be much more economical. I believe something to that effect was said many moons ago, but you know how things change around here.

fischju2000 said:
Units in the UK and Europe might be shipped individually, but they also might not want to ship individual pandoras to the US, pallets of 200+ units and distributing from the US would be much more economical. I believe something to that effect was said many moons ago, but you know how things change around here.
Would love to see where this came from? Smells a bit fischy...

emil10001 said:
I am #9 in Craig's queue (according to Jacquelyn), and I paid for UPS shipping. I have not gotten an e-mail yet. I'll make sure to post here if I do, maybe even with a screenshot of the UPS tracking page.

That said, I'm not necessarily expecting an e-mail with a tracking number, as I think that they are going to be pretty busy building/packaging/shipping. I would be thrilled to get the e-mail though.

i am #1 in EDs queue and didn't receive anything either.

Arkay Firestar said:
jumpman said:

Chris

The assembly of a unit is just half of it. What if they don't have a build of the OS they're ready to mass flash? Or there's a minor update or two they're waiting to implement before mass flashing. Just trying to keep expecations realistic. They may wait a few days to ship to get more done with the software.

New versions of the OS can be re-flashed by the customers. I don't see the OS being a slow down.

TrashyMG said:
Arkay Firestar said:
jumpman said:

Chris

New versions of the OS can be re-flashed by the customers. I don't see the OS being a slow down.

A lot of other things were touted by all and sundry as not being a problem and not going to cause a delay. I'd be careful making a prediction like that if I were you :p

D.

Driving to the post office every day is not really the best financial way, but it could very well be that they do it this way. If it was my personal company I would just build all week and then bring the Pandora's to the post office with that little truck we saw in the video.

LOL, I don't really care how and when they do it, as long as the unit arrives somewhere this year in perfect condition.

hch said:
ED's already said that those purchased from his store (specifically it was said German customers, so if you're not in Germany this may not be true) will be a couple weeks delayed since he is having them shipped en mass to his house where he'll individually package and ship them.

WizardStan said:
ED's already said that those purchased from his store (specifically it was said German customers, so if you're not in Germany this may not be true) will be a couple weeks delayed since he is having them shipped en mass to his house where he'll individually package and ship them.
Exactly. Here's a reference.

WizardStan said:
hch said:

ah, darn i missed that.

Wootson said:
Driving to the post office every day is not really the best financial way, but it could very well be that they do it this way. If it was my personal company I would just build all week and then bring the Pandora's to the post office with that little truck we saw in the video.

LOL, I don't really care how and when they do it, as long as the unit arrives somewhere this year in perfect condition.
Craig has been running a successful shop for years, and should have a Royal Mail, UPS, and Fed Ex accounts in place. I'm not sure how Royal mail works(I live in the US), but I do know all you have to do is call UPS and Fed Ex, and they will pick up at your door for free. So making a run to drop off packages should not be an issue. Unless you get off standing in long lines, and dealing with shmucks! :lol:

I mail hundreds of packages a month, and I process 90% of them right from my living room while watching TV. I print my own labels, packaging slips, ect. right from my computer and then I just drop them off when I go out and run errands. I could have the postal service pick them up, but they are kinda of slow here in the states, but UPS and Fed Ex are really good about picking up in a timely manner.

Chris

Royal Mail won't just come to your house and pick things up

The OS is pretty sturdy. We've been contiunously tweaking it of course, but its in shippable state ;) (The latest big change was .. ripping out all the audio/video codec stuff, to ensure no risk of patent troll smackdown. Patents are like submarines .. millions out there, pretty silly and frivilous most of them, but you never know when they're going to come whack you.)

(As a result, out of box, there is no audio/video playback included, but some codec packs will be made available for download, with the clickthrough notice of details so you know if you can get them or not, etc. I'm not on top of that aspect too much, but thats the gist of it.) (Still can't believe 'mp3' is an encumbered format, but omnipresent. So we had to rip it out by default :(

Theres a few last minute tweaks been in (hell, we've been tweaking the firmware daily for 2 years!), but its all ready to flash and go.

And _yes_, you can boot from SD or NAND, and you can just download a new firmware, unpack it to SD (we'll provide detailed instructions, and isos and such for non-linux folks), and boot or flash it. There _will_ be OS patches and new firmware releases over time, and probably by lots of other people too with their own OS distributions etc. Hell, I know theres piles of stuff I'd liek to fix or redo or add in minimenu, and no way I'm going to risk stability of the firmware by hacking that stuff in right now at the last minute.. so I know I'll be making poatches a week after shipping ;)

jeff

I hope that stuff like getting the codecs is n00b friendly, damn I wish i'd learned some stuff at school. I think I'll be going for the first brick award

skeezix said:
The OS is pretty sturdy. We've been contiunously tweaking it of course, but its in shippable state ;) (The latest big change was .. ripping out all the audio/video codec stuff, to ensure no risk of patent troll smackdown. Patents are like submarines .. millions out there, pretty silly and frivilous most of them, but you never know when they're going to come whack you.)

(As a result, out of box, there is no audio/video playback included, but some codec packs will be made available for download, with the clickthrough notice of details so you know if you can get them or not, etc. I'm not on top of that aspect too much, but thats the gist of it.) (Still can't believe 'mp3' is an encumbered format, but omnipresent. So we had to rip it out by default :(

Theres a few last minute tweaks been in (hell, we've been tweaking the firmware daily for 2 years!), but its all ready to flash and go.

And _yes_, you can boot from SD or NAND, and you can just download a new firmware, unpack it to SD (we'll provide detailed instructions, and isos and such for non-linux folks), and boot or flash it. There _will_ be OS patches and new firmware releases over time, and probably by lots of other people too with their own OS distributions etc. Hell, I know theres piles of stuff I'd liek to fix or redo or add in minimenu, and no way I'm going to risk stability of the firmware by hacking that stuff in right now at the last minute.. so I know I'll be making poatches a week after shipping ;)

jeff

No ogg or flac out of the box?

Back