Are You Planing On Having Local Distributers For Others Continents?

darionapole

well the thing is that having to mess with the shipment, taxes, waiting, etc is a bit troublesome even more if you live on the other side of the planet
so any plan/idea/whatever on having a/some local distributers in let's say here in Argentina, or some other countries of central/south America?

So we only have to show the cash, and they take care of all the taxes, waiting times, etc.
I'm just saying because i'd like it to be simple even if i have to pay a little more, but i wouldn't have to wait, deal with everything, and could go there and have my pandora shiped back for repairment or whatever :p or just buy an extra battery or reemplacement keypad (with localized keys)

At least, only having to wait till they order and stuff, but at least you would have more people buying the pandora, that wouldn't have bought it just because of all the troubles that they would have mess with

There was some talk of resellers having interest in the past. Also some talk of the second batch being pre-order only.

I would say it depends on the demand once the first batch gets out there. There is a lead time for the seconds patch (hence the pre-order possibility, they don't want to commit funds they don't have). If after we get ours, there is suddenly a demand for 10,000 more, I would think they'd make more than that and maybe offer some to resellers.

Really, it's all moot now. Until they get the first 4000 done, I doubt anything else in on their radar.

Edit: Craigix answered in a much shorter way than I... but I still think I ninja'd him
tongue.gif
ph34r.gif

Attachments

• tongue.gif
    tongue.gif
    698 bytes · Views: 103
  • ph34r.gif
    ph34r.gif
    705 bytes · Views: 99
Last edited by a moderator:
It's unlikely in the short term, but in the long term it might be possible.

I mean if Amazon rocks up and offers to pay for 10,000 units in advance we are not going to turn them down.

craigix said:
It's unlikely in the short term, but in the long term it might be possible.

I mean if Amazon rocks up and offers to pay for 10,000 units in advance we are not going to turn them down.

Heh, might be better to try ThinkGeek. They already sell the Dingoo and the Wiz.

I don't know for others continents, but the spanish distributor asked OpenPandora Ltd. for this possibility and the response was negative. I hope it's not because the hate this community is getting for us spanish people :(

efegea said:
I don't know for others continents, but the spanish distributor asked OpenPandora Ltd. for this possibility and the response was negative. I hope it's not because the hate this community is getting for us spanish people :(

well that's a relieve, because i'm argentine and my grand grand parents were from Italy, so not spanish at all xD
now seriously, i too have read some comments about gp32 users being "things". What's the problem? that's just being xenophobe http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Xenophobia

Back