Beta Feedback

Hehe, well the original beta tests was to make sure the core engine loop worked - and to gather up all the suggestions and ideas.

it's the big wait now while i go and make all that feedback into a game, so no beta for a while im afraid.

@lina inverse: why would you ask money for your game? this whole community is open source, i think you're ruining the whole reason why most of us (well at least me) bought the GP32, because the games are FREE.

no new screens yet im afraid, i've been re-writing my game engine (gigas/GM etc all share the same core graphics engine) yet again trying to optimise it.

added in the combat which is one of the main features, but its running far too slow in big battles as its drawing way to much to the screen - plus the path finding can get CPU intensive when a monster/entity trys to navigate its way thru a maze.

it drops down to 30fps in big battles, and i really dont want to have to lock the game down at 30fps as the cursor gets pretty jerky as i dont sync it to the LCD refresh (to speed it up a little).

i really dont want to have to cut down on the graphics, just need time to figure out how i can get some more speed out of the GP32 without resorting to overclocking.

i just remembered something when you said its drawing too much...
there once was a GPU that had a feature called "Tile based rendering" or so... it decided what the watching person can see and only shows (and calculates) this...... maybe this helps you.....just an idea

some 'tricks' exist to speed up rendering, such as splitting the screen into segments and remembering which ones have changed graphically, and then only rendering said segments. sadly it only really works on games which have static backgrounds, and because my stuff scrolls around so much it wouldn't be much use.

I'll get it running fast enough in the end, its unoptimised after all.

So it won't be ready for addic? :(

At least send the prebeta so we'll enjoy part of the game, and It'll be even better than some games I guess

As I said, I'm so impatient.

One thing someone told me you can do in big battles is to double the speed of the cursor so it'll be better; and also that 30fps isn't so bad, some games like MGS: VR mission works on 5fps :D

Back