Release Beta Test: Upcoming (HF5) Firmware Image BETA 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
FIY I flashed the beta hf5 with no trouble at all, wifi works. I even transferred the system on a sdcard and get booting from that.

If someone has some time, I may have noticed a bug in the initial setup. After flashing when asked for a password and then asks to reenter password, I did not enter the same password each time, but it did not stop me and just moved on with the rest of the setup. Isn't it suppose to compare the two and stop you if they don't match?

+1, experienced that problem on initial setup too.

Also I experience a memory leak when using PND applications, in which about 20-30MB of RAM remain in use even if the PND isn't in use anymore.

Also I experience a memory leak when using PND applications, in which about 20-30MB of RAM remain in use even if the PND isn't in use anymore.

Yes, we're currently investigating that. It also happened on HF4, so it's an old bug that wasn't on the bugtracker before.

Installed this new firmware last sunday on my brand new Pandora.

Today I encountered a problem with my left nub, which didn't seem to register the right direction anymore. Up, left and down were good, but pulling the stick to the right didn't work anymore. Although one time it did go really, really slow in the right direction. After rebooting the Pandora, it worked again. I have a unit with new nubs by the way. The problem occurred both in XFCE and in several programs.

My best guess is that something didn't load properly during the boot sequence. Probably something that has to do with the drivers of the nubs.

Installed and everything is working fine (WiFi included)!

Played eDuke32-SDL@720MHz for about 45 minutes and no hangs! It usually hanged when played for about 15~30 minutes even with CPU speed set to 500 MHz.

Keep it up!

Installed this new firmware last sunday on my brand new Pandora.

Today I encountered a problem with my left nub, which didn't seem to register the right direction anymore. Up, left and down were good, but pulling the stick to the right didn't work anymore. Although one time it did go really, really slow in the right direction. After rebooting the Pandora, it worked again. I have a unit with new nubs by the way. The problem occurred both in XFCE and in several programs.

My best guess is that something didn't load properly during the boot sequence. Probably something that has to do with the drivers of the nubs.

I'm still on HF4 (daren't test HF5 yet) and when I first got my pandora, I never needed to touch nubs settings at all for days. Now, though, they become very erratic after a couple of hours and I need to use the settings menu to reset them. The amount of time needed between resets is definitely decreasing, and it's happening to both nubs.

I don't think the problem is hotfix-related.

D.

Installed beta 2 and noticed that the system started running really slow when downloading in firefox, might even be when it's just opened. Menu's taking ages to open etc.

Installed beta 2 and noticed that the system started running really slow when downloading in firefox, might even be when it's just opened. Menu's taking ages to open etc.
+1, probably a RAM issue.

Hmm... but there's nothing that eats more RAM in there compared to HF4.

Is it the same in HF4?

Most of the changes are scripts and MiniMenu... but there has been no task or anything added to startup :eek:

+1, probably a RAM issue.

Hmm... but there's nothing that eats more RAM in there compared to HF4.

Is it the same in HF4?

Most of the changes are scripts and MiniMenu... but there has been no task or anything added to startup :eek:

Half the time I poke at the menu 3-4 times before it opens up now, but other than that no weird issues

Half the time I poke at the menu 3-4 times before it opens up now, but other than that no weird issues

Might be the activated icons... if that slows it down, I should deactivate them again.

Make it an option in taskbar settings please! I really like the icons, as it added the feeling of "this is more of a proper operating system" compared to "this is a work in progress feeling operating system" I don't think its just the eye candy that gives me that feeling. Moreso, the polished feel I've been looking for in the XCFE menu for quite some time now, as I hate a cluttered desktop.

Might be the activated icons... if that slows it down, I should deactivate them again.

Make it an option in taskbar settings please! I really like the icons, as it added the feeling of "this is more of a proper operating system" compared to "this is a work in progress feeling operating system" I don't think its just the eye candy that gives me that feeling. Moreso, the polished feel I've been looking for in the XCFE menu for quite some time now, as I hate a cluttered desktop.
IIRC you could always do this,

I deleted the menu by mistake before and when I added a new one there is a tick box to show icons.

Installed HF5B2; everything seems OK, except for Midori, which is exhibiting odd behavior.

It can't run from the taskbar - it reports that another instance is already running; it also offers the error "MIdori seems to have crashed on the last time it was opened..." and offers the options of Modify Preferences, Reset the Last Session, and a ghosted Disable all extensions.

If I do get it running, it crashes unexpectedly to the desktop, no error messages, just blips out.

One thing to note when flashing... if your rootfs.img is corrupt, the installer will detect it and stop the update. However, at this point it will already have installed the newer kernel, which means that after you reboot you'll have a version mismatch between the running kernel and the installed modules. This is not obvious, but will result in (for example) wifi not working (if you run the op_wifi script from the terminal, you'll see what the problem is).

This is really a problem with the installer and not HF5 specifically, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back