Billy Goat, Billy Goat, Gruff! Gruff! Gruff!

Cracker Jacker said:
There is not really all that much to say about the priest incident. I used a condom and he still sends Christmas cards. It actually wasn't all that memorable.

The good thing is that he didn't press charges. I guess it kind of had to go that way, being as he was a man of the cloth and all. Forgive and Forget.

That could be interpreted another way:

He was too young to know what a condom was for, he thought it was water bomb.
He headshot/pwned that priest on the forehead.

or

was it like Family Guy; the creapy old neighbour man (Herbert) praying on Chris.

Last edited by a moderator:
Usually a troll will get absolutely flattened within five seconds of posting, almost always by Stan's razor wit, those are fine. The poor ones are those that morph their initial statements over a string of posts in an effort to drag out an argument that they aren't prepared to lose, even in the face of absolute logic.

To be fair I think most trolls start out meaning well, but get drawn into an argument after either misunderstanding another's response and overreacting, or refusing to accept a telling off and letting pride step in front of common sense.

As a side note, I think the word 'troll' is bandied about too much. A lot of people are being branded a troll for having an opinion, or expressing concerns, this has to stop.

may88 said:
Ah! The Pandora is vapour-ware! You're all wankers!

Nope! No pleasure in that.
You captured the plot, but I think you need to be a little more creative with your delivery. Then just wait for hate. It's quite intoxicating.

Here's my list of top ten reasons the ipod is better than the pandora at gaming

10. it's got the app store
9. it's got the itunes store
8. it can be used with a mac
7. apple tells me what I can't install on it
6. it's got an shiney apple on it
5. wifi works (oh snap)
4. it's got better gaming controls
3. it's just better
2. you can have it now (burn)
1. at least 3x more Slooflirpa

What do you guys consider a troll? I honestly don't think I have seen anyone who knows nothing about the Pandora come to the forums and purposely try to start arguments for their own amusement. I'll admit arguments do happen but they always have a purpose, giving good reasons for their opinion and are usually based on emotions. Its only human to get angry.

Cracker Jacker said:
I kind of know its wrong, but I find going troll to be very therapeutic. It's amazing how easy it is to slip into troll mode. I had actually not been feeling so spiffy for the last couple of days, and then someone posted something that kind of got my goat and I turned troll. Just imagining someone somewhere in the world getting worked up over my posts made me grin ear to ear. Is that truly rotten, or just human?
Ironically, it bothers me that I think you think I was in any way bothered by any of your previous posts. I genuinely thought you were in for the debate, but when I found out you were just trolling I got disappointed. Especially after that PM you sent back.

Shaun. said:
What do you guys consider a troll? I honestly don't think I have seen anyone who knows nothing about the Pandora come to the forums and purposely try to start arguments for their own amusement. I'll admit arguments do happen but they always have a purpose, giving good reasons for their opinion and are usually based on emotions. Its only human to get angry.
A troll is anyone who says something for the sole purpose of illiciting an emotional response. Usually it's negative, but I can believe that positive "trolls" exist, though they might have a different name.
Someone who posts a contrary post that gets people mad is not necessarily a troll. They could be attempting to start a genuine debate. It's only after it's been shown they don't actually have any interest in the debate, they just wanted to make people angry, that you can definitively say they were trolling.

Kangal said:
Jourdy288 said:
We need more people thinking like you, trying to take advantage of them.

Was that pointed at Cracker Jack? :lol:
O RLY? Wow, I hadn't a clue. Still, I wish we had more people who think like he pretends to.

Did you know Cracker Jacker is an anagram of "Crack Care Jerk" which itself is only a few letters away from "What a waste of time this thread is"

Sphinxter said:
Move this completely off topic load of shit, please.
I don't think this thread is "completely" off topic. It might be a little fringe, but that does not liken it to excrement.

This is after all the General (not specific) Talk forum for the Pandora Community.

It's actually a pretty good place for the OP com to discuss issues relevant to their endeavor. That would include debates on problems and how to deal with them, as well as the accolades for the hard working OP team.

After reading some of the posts, I am starting to think I am not a troll, but rather the devil’s advocate helping to flesh out the positions of the community in general. After all, it’s not all rainbows and sunshine. There is some murky stuff in here.

Cracker Jacker said:
After reading some of the posts, I am starting to think I am not a troll, but rather the devil’s advocate helping to flesh out the positions of the community in general. After all, it’s not all rainbows and sunshine. There is some murky stuff in here.
No, you're a troll. We already have dissenters with genuine complaints backed by reason.

^ Cracker Jacker, you are incredibly boring. Either try harder or move along :rolleyes:

mali said:
^ Cracker Jacker, you are incredibly boring. Either try harder or move along :rolleyes:
Agreed, that last one was a little weak. I'll do better. Promise.

Cracker Jacker said:
Uh oh, looks like someone has their frowny face on today.
Sorry, I didn't mean to make you sad.

WizardStan said:
Cracker Jacker said:
Uh oh, looks like someone has their frowny face on today.
Sorry, I didn't mean to make you sad.
Ah yes, the rubber v. glue defense. I was wondering when someone would trot that one out. Tis the last grasping straw of a beaten man trying to stay in a fight when he doesn't have the mental resources to present a cogent argument of his own.

It's o.k. Take a sec. Compose yourself. Breath and all that. Try again. Enlightenment is worth waiting for.

Back