Craigamp - New Winamp Clone

I don't know what causes it, specifically, but my low quality (<44khz) audio book full cd rips (>70 minutes) freeze both this player and GMU.

If I could provide any other info, let me know.

Being played slower? What do you mean? I've never seen such a thing happen and can't think how it could, unless you have some very strange encoding on your MP3s.

I'll fix the case sensitive ogg searching.

File seeking, do you mean a search function? Or fast forward?

LordFu: can you give me the exact specs of the audio books and i'll have a look at what might be happening.

I'm away in seoul from tomorrow, but i'll start working on the fixes now.

craigix posted on Oct 20 2006 at 01:45 PM said:
LordFu: can you give me the exact specs of the audio books and i'll have a look at what might be happening.

Sure. The audio book is Frank Herbert's Chapterhouse Dune. They're mp3 format, 24kbps/11khz, and 71:59 long. Hope that helps. It's does great on my music, ogg or mp3, but those files are a little out of the ordinary, I guess. Good luck, and let me know if there's anything I'm forgeting. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
You could do me a favour and try renencoding them slightly higher and see if they work, do they display anything, or just it just freeze as soon as you press play? If it does display something, what does it think the kbps is?

craigix posted on Oct 20 2006 at 07:45 PM said:
Being played slower? What do you mean? I've never seen such a thing happen and can't think how it could, unless you have some very strange encoding on your MP3s.

They're normal 192kbps 44.1KHz, but play a bit slower. :|

Fast forward. ;) I tried using the js but it didn't do anything.

craigix posted on Oct 20 2006 at 02:38 PM said:
You could do me a favour and try renencoding them slightly higher and see if they work, do they display anything, or just it just freeze as soon as you press play? If it does display something, what does it think the kbps is?

It doesn't freeze. There's a slight pop when I hit play, but nothing else happens. GMU freezes altogether. I'll try to track down my discs.

Bruno posted on Oct 20 2006 at 09:33 PM said:

They're normal 192kbps 44.1KHz, but play a bit slower. :|

Fast forward. ;) I tried using the js but it didn't do anything.

Put one of your slow playing mp3's online so i can check it, no one else has reported this so it must be your mp3s.

The joystick left and right is page up and page down. I'll have to add FF to the menu.

Thanks,

Craig

Most of my issues are with the playlist feature that you have not fully implemented yet.
In case it helps:
* It remembers the song but doesn’t remember (and load) the playlist.
* Can’t return to loaded playlist after browsing other directories, must reload.
* Next song in the playlist does not automatically play while browsing other directories and after browsing other directories and reloading the same playlist while the song is playing.
Basically once you move away from the current playlist or folder it only plays the current song and then stops.
* Could MP3s with no (or blank) ID3 tags show filename in Song title box?

Requests/suggestion for Playlist:
* Select an entire folder/multiple files to add to the playlist at once
* Select and move playlist items up or down in the list (cut and paste or drag and drop style)
* Number the playlist and allow Jumping to a certain number or range in the playlist (10, 20, 30, 50 or song 117)
*Old school winamp ‘J’ button searching (maybe video game [joystick] text entry style data input for search string; use joystick to select character and a button to enter it)

Once again very nice program.

-gp2xs

Put one of your slow playing mp3's online so i can check it, no one else has reported this so it must be your mp3s.

Tried with other files (after cleaning up my card, since my card reader has issues and starts giving errors), and it seems ok. Could be the card problems. :|

Minor cleanups on the original. :p

Bruno posted on Oct 20 2006 at 10:59 PM said:
Also noticed that if you delete the song that was playing when you exit, it hangs the next time you run it.

Nice find! I didn't think about that!

I shall work though all the reported errors - especially the playlist stuff (still working on it) and fix it all :)

PS if the ID tag is missing it does display the song title, but if the ID tag is there but blank it just displays the blank tag, i'll work on making it detect a valid but blank tag and display the song name in that situation too.

now this is a great program! i really appreciate this player as someone who is using the unit in a car. thank you very much for your work.

awesome app but im having problems getting a pre-made winamp playlist to work, could some that has gotten it to work please elaborate a little on how or post a sample from there’s?

Back