Craigix Discloses Information On New Gp2x?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex. said:
How many pages will this monster of a thread reach by release day? I'm willing to bet 250 :)
Actually, by that time we will all be posting over at www.<insert_new_console_name_here>X.com

:p

Last edited by a moderator:
TelcoLou said:
Alex. said:
How many pages will this monster of a thread reach by release day? I'm willing to bet 250 :)
Actually, by that time we will all be posting over at www.<insert_new_console_name_here>X.com

:p

New forums? I couldn't bare all the kiddies here asking to be a mod!!!

hm, actually i think a part of the domain name can be made fit, imagine that, 3 handhelds all fitting into one domain name, isn't that great? :)

Alex. said:
Well, 55 pages in 5 days, And the main people that are posting are pretty much regular people that frequent the boards more often. Once pictures and hard facts are revealed and word gets out beyond this forum, I can see this thread reaching extreme proportions. Mmmmmm, Say 800+ pages by the time of release.

Trooper

lubidog said:
New forums? I couldn't bare all the kiddies here asking to be a mod!!!
I think you mean "bear"... "Bare" in the context of kiddies just isn't right. Although a bear is quite a vicious animal, so subjecting kiddies to that would also be somewhat wrong... I need sleep :D

Ryo said:
Yeah I know, but I'm not just a menu-developer :p (even if it's the only app I released for the gp2x), anyway I was just offering my support already knowing that it was not needed :)
It may be nice to have your menu on the new one though. I think it is the best. There is never a time that I turn on the Gp2X that I don't use it :) The default menu will probably be "dumbed down" for the masses. Your offers alot of cool features and fast access.

Zeladin said:
I think a clamshell would only work if the Screen plus control could be opened out the full 360 so that the keyboard is at the back and controls either side of the screen. That would require a flattish dpad though - so bleah. And the screen would go floppy over time.

The best no compromise solution is the slide out - fingers crossed that's what they're going for. I wish they would say to stop all this "oh Nooos a frankenstein Pda/Console device!".

Who exactly is it producing this anyway?
Or slide up. Make the screen slide up and keep the case rigid. More robust like this:

sony_umpc.jpg

predatorramboxxx said:
craigix said:
No, no dreamcast or N64 emulation (at least not full speed N64).

A system which could do that would be way too expensive to make currently.
WTF WTF WTF WTF
no n64 emu who the hell is going to pay almost 300-400 usd for this
WTF WTF WTF

ps jk

:rolleyes:

jmetal88 said:
predatorramboxxx said:
craigix said:

WTF WTF WTF WTF
WTF WTF WTF

ps jk

so the psp is still more powerfull then this??
kinda of sad and the psp now is like 160 usd.

predatorramboxxx said:
jmetal88 said:
predatorramboxxx said:
craigix said:

WTF WTF WTF WTF
WTF WTF WTF

ps jk

... are you inferring that the n64 emu on the PSP is running all games at full speed now?!? :blink:

Could there be some indication of what libraries etc will be availiable on the new device, cos I might start messing with some code for the gp2x right now, but It'd be nice to have some heads up as to what will be supported on the new device so I can think ahead...

predatorramboxxx said:
jmetal88 said:
predatorramboxxx said:
craigix said:

WTF WTF WTF WTF
WTF WTF WTF

ps jk

Mmmmmm, I didn`t know the psp could do full speed N64 emulation, Well, I did sell my psp nearly two years ago, So have been out of the loop for quite a while. :rolleyes:

Trooper

... are you inferring that the n64 emu on the PSP is running all games at full speed now?!? blink.gif

yep with sound and no frameskip,

it also does little poo's of solid gold, if you hold all the buttons down whilst in the emulator

sensible GP32 said:
... are you inferring that the n64 emu on the PSP is running all games at full speed now?!? blink.gif
yep with sound and no frameskip,

it also does little poo's of solid gold, if you hold all the buttons down whilst in the emulator

Holy shit :eek: , I mean golden shit. :rolleyes:

Trooper

Have I said how much I hate the lot of you yet? (in this thread, that is) ;)

I'll just be happy with near perfect/full speed PC Engine CD (with full support for bin/cue format) and the same for the C64 on the new handheld, I expected this on the gp2x but never happened and sadly with this thread may never happen now. These two systems are most important for me. I couldn't care less for psx or N64

Out of curiosity, Will a USB mouse be able to be connected directly to this new handheld without the use of convertors, Cradles, Docking stations etc.

Trooper

trooper said:
Out of curiosity, Will a USB mouse be able to be connected directly to this new handheld without the use of convertors, Cradles, Docking stations etc.

Trooper
Yes. But why would you want to do this? :)

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
trooper said:

Trooper
Yes. But why would you want to do this? :)

Great!!!

To play Settlers via Uae4all if Critical ports it, Or Settlers 2 Gold via dosbox if that ever gets ported, Obviously USB mouse support permitting by either emulator. :)

Trooper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back