Craigix Discloses Information On New Gp2x?

Status
Not open for further replies.
kevcal said:
Well if this thing isn't vapourware, then I hope for most of the above improvements and also a larger res screen... :)
I guess also linux 2.6.. and wifi if they want to take on the big boys - good luck with it.
and perhaps a switch to disable wifi when not in use to save battery power?

If it could charge from usb then it would be perfect. There's nothing more anoying than having to take a charger to and from work all the time. I virtually stopped using my Zodiac because of this.

You do know there was a usb charge cable for the Zodiac, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Surely it's possible to disable wi-fi via software, then re-enable it when needed? Then again that could be annoying for people.

It needs to be li-ion if we can have any length of battery life; nimh just don't last long enough and aas are too big in the wrong places. How is having a massive bump in the middle ergonomic?

We also need a return to menu button!

I have no clue, what started this interesting discussion (facts or thoughts?) but I really want to know first, what the whole fun would cost, I mean, developing such a device with everything included, materials, marketing and at the end, the price we have to pay for a new gadget. I think it's a nimportant part of the thoughts and when we don't have an millionaire here, who pays all the costs for that development - just to make us GP Geeks happy - it's unlikely, that we ever will see a new Handheld like this. ;)

Well, fork me ! Are they really going to call it the fork you ? Nice one.

What is the tag line going to be ? How about : GP4Q - again...

Fawny Kate said:
Well, fork me ! Are they really going to call it the fork you ? Nice one.

What is the tag line going to be ? How about : GP4Q - again...
nope that was somone called Criagix who said that, pulling our legs...

fusion_power said:
I have no clue, what started this interesting discussion (facts or thoughts?) but I really want to know first, what the whole fun would cost, I mean, developing such a device with everything included, materials, marketing and at the end, the price we have to pay for a new gadget. I think it's a nimportant part of the thoughts and when we don't have an millionaire here, who pays all the costs for that development - just to make us GP Geeks happy - it's unlikely, that we ever will see a new Handheld like this. ;)
Oh yeah? Maybe it's already been paid for? :)

And maybe some 320x240 snapshots of the prototype were already posted, by the time I hit 'Add Reply'? :D

Alex. said:
And maybe some 320x240 snapshots of the prototype were already posted, by the time I hit 'Add Reply'? :D
Oh I'd think it would have to be bigger than 320*240 ;)

sam fisher said:
How soon are we likely to see some photos?
I was able to get one, sorry for the poor quality:

bigfoot.jpg

craigix said:
fusion_power said:
Oh yeah? Maybe it's already been paid for? :)

Who would be so crazy and do this? :lol: ;)

sam fisher said:
craigix said:
Alex. said:
Oh I'd think it would have to be bigger than 320*240 ;)

How soon are we likely to see some photos?

Sod the photo`s :p , How soon are we likely to be able to touch this baby. :D

Trooper

All I really care about is full backwards-compatibility and longer battery life.

Its a surprise to me that GP2x sales are almost dead already. I was hoping that the GP2X would last longer on the market and that sales would rather go UP than down... its a pity.

MisterBrisby said:
Its a surprise to me that GP2x sales are almost dead already. I was hoping that the GP2X would last longer on the market and that sales would rather go UP than down... its a pity.
Perhaps that's the full market for a GP2X-like device. Go deeper, and you'll further flood the place with N64 kids who are unwilling to learn spelling and manners.

Alex. said:
MisterBrisby said:
Perhaps that's the full market for a GP2X-like device. Go deeper, and you'll further flood the place with N64 kids who are unwilling to learn spelling and manners.

Well a profit must be made, and that means the new device will obviously be targeting a wider userbase.

If its based on the MMSP 2+, Jazelle looks interesting. There are some excellent Java game engines out there.

And I wont have wasted that £30 I spent on that 'Programming With Java' book Ive barely looked at...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back