Craigs Preorder List Update

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Well, as you know, I got the survey results a few days ago, and thanks to some help, we turned them into a usable Excel-sheet.

As you know, we're still waiting for LCDs, but that wait should be over soon.

However, in the meantime, I can let you know how many units will ship when new Pandoras will be in stock.

Here is the money we've gathered until now (up until August 1st):

Donations:

2236,86 EUR so far (thanks a lot to all donators! :D )

Money gathered from Pandora profits (DragonBox Shop):

5978,00 EUR

That's a total sum of:

8214,86 EUR we got for the next preorder delivery round!

With that money:

All 25 customers who decided to get the 1GHz upgrade for 200 EUR will get it.

An additional 48 (out of 89) customers who decided to get the 1GHz upgrade for 150 will get it as well.

So as soon as the LCDs are there, we'll have 73 less people on Craigs preorder list (and hopefully 73 more happy 1GHz owners :) )

Additionally, the donation fund has been reopened :D

Last edited by a moderator:
that's some pretty nice news. how many order is there left after the 150$?

are we finally getting rid of theses preorder or is there a big share of people who don't want to pay 150$+?

How many are on the pre-order list as deciphered from Craig's file?

Thanks a lot, ED! It's very generous of you to part with 6000€ of profits for us preorderers.  :)

Now I hope I'm in the first 48.  ^_^

Rock on, and damn, you really put some heart into it.

Hopefully the successor of the Pandora will bring you guys instant profit.

Fantastic,we can move ahead again,yup hope I'm in the 1st 48 too...

Looking at those stats.. Craig should have offered 200euro or nothing

All of this juggling bullshit is horrible.

Bless you, oh Evilest of Dragons! I don't know how you do it, but I love that you do!

Thank you ED. I don't know any other business that would use it's benefits to salvage another business...

Can you tell us the total number of remaining preorders, or is it a number too frightening to be told in public :) ?

Edit : By asking this, I guess there could be some reason not to communicate on it, but depending on that number, It could make me (and others) wish to upgrade to 1Gz ...

Thanks for your transparency...

Thank you ED. I don't know any other business that would use it's benefits to salvage another business...

Can you tell us the total number of remaining preorders, or is it a number too frightening to be told in public :) ?

Edit : By asking this, I guess there could be some reason not to communicate on it, but depending on that number, It could make me (and others) wish to upgrade to 1Gz ...

Thanks for your transparency...
I think we are well past the shock of the number remaining. I am pretty sure we all know it will be high and it would be really nice to know how much we need to help get this over with once and for all.

Edit: I agree with your edit. I would be more compelled to upgrade if  1. I knew I could finally get the flippin' thing. 2. I can help out ED with something he has no reason to be doing in the first place.

Thanks a lot, ED! It's very generous of you to part with 6000€ of profits for us preorderers.  :)

Now I hope I'm in the first 48.  ^_^
Same here but it's good to know that worst case I'm in the next 41.  :)

I allready feel sorry for all the Compo4all regulars who'll have to start getting used to 2nd places. :ph34r:

Looking at those stats.. Craig should have offered 200euro or nothing

All of this juggling bullshit is horrible.
I disagree, My cutoff was basically a total of $150,- but overwhelmed by all the donations I decided to raise it a bit so $150,- with ~$30,- VAT added (so $180,- total) was ok. I would've never gone for the $200,- plus ~$40,- VAT and would have rather waited for maybe a unit in the future without paying anything extra.

Every $$ paid extra by the remaining pre orders helps the investors get their money back sooner and ED seeing some bottom line. Seeing as the 1GhZ cost the same or even a bit less to produce then the 650MhZ chip that's not being produced anymore I'm basically donating (willingly and lovingly) $150,- to the remaining pre order queue and I don't see why that is something to spit on.

There are 500~ units in the total queue and 400~ of them wanted 100 or less.

That queue is never going to make it as it is.... Craig isn't donating any money.. maybe if it was 50:50 with money sourced between craig and Ed... but it isn't.

ED needs an exit strategy and he needs one soon.

I note that ED above refers to 'pandora profits'. I'm not sure whether this includes profits from sales of retrodes, everdrives and other stuff on ED's shop counts towards that or not. Eventually, Pandora sales will dry up (or the parts to make it will go out of production) at which point ED might be able to continue to make normal profits off the rest of his shop, while being under no obligation to do anything about Craig's debts (as he currently isn't).

That queue is never going to make it as it is.... Craig isn't donating any money.. maybe if it was 50:50 with money sourced between craig and Ed... but it isn't.

I agree fully with you. I just disagree with the bit where you say that 89 people donating an extra $ 13.350,- on top of their original order is juggling bullshit. 

It seems that not everyone realises that people who are upgrading now are in fact donating. And it would be nice if there would be also some appreciation for people lobbing in some extra cash who don't have their units yet as there rightfully is for the people who help out immensely by donating (thus closing the distance between the price they paid and the price it actually cost) after they got their unit for the original pre order price.

Where did you get those numbers? Ed doesn't give them in OP?

Back