Credit Card Orders

White Demon said:
Show the rest of the world (US/Europe/everyone else) a bit of love for a change, and open cc orders for them first, so that we get in with an exchange rate as close as possible to the refund.
That'd be nice but their bread and butter resides in the UK. Can't blame them for giving them first dibs.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's probably 'easier' to sort the UK out first as there are no issues to resolve. Depending on how it works there could be unrest from some quarters over currency. I would definitely support getting the currency pages up first - but that only really works if they do it very soon.

I'm not really a pro lawsuit guy, but I'd love to see a class action done against this useless bank. This refund process is beyond pathetic. I'm e-mailing AMEX to try and understand how I still cannot see a refund after the e-mail I received on 120208. I'm hoping they can explain at this point, but I'm guessing this bank is still resting on it's laurels to "avoid charge-backs" that are only occurring because of their absolute stupidity.

I'd just like to say that while the Pandora team are doing something challenging, and they're doubtless technical design geniuses, it would be difficult for them to be worse at customer service.

And don't give me "they're busy". Doing it right would be easier than this clusterfuck.

As an excellent example, why is Craig posting here about "please wait for the refund" etc. Surely that should have gone out in email. In fact, every piece of significant actual information, including such carefully hidden gems as "your repurchase will be the same amount as your refund" should have gone first out in email, then to the blog (which should have a fucking RSS feed!), and only then maybe here, but it would probably be a waste of time at that point.

And get someone to write the emails who knows how to communicate. The email saying I needed to reorder included the note that it would be possible to reorder by cc three lines from the end of a novella-length piece, in what looked like the signature block, so I didn't read it. So I emailed asking about cc reorder, as I'm sure many other people did, wasting everyone's time.

The utter communications cluelessness is frankly the most worrying thing about this enterprise.

Check out the latest news on the front page:

Updates for December

The credit card reordering which is required for some customers has not yet started, we will email you all when it does and we will try to make it as close to the actual shipping of the Pandora consoles as we can.

Remember to add your name to the newsletter mailing list if you want to order a Pandora when more are available, it's possible this may be sooner than you think as we will probably have 200-300 spare from the first batch.

Also we now have a dedicated press relations guy, if you need anything press related please email chip@openpandora.org and he will do his best to make wonderful things happen.

Despite the disappointing delays, I can't help but feel a little excited...

I just hope I spend the exact same amount I got refunded (no further currency adjustments), with another fine CC order page just like the first time
and I also hope when they talk "and we will try to make it as close to the actual shipping of the Pandora consoles as we can", they mean this month

daffy said:
I'd just like to say that while the Pandora team are doing something challenging, and they're doubtless technical design geniuses, it would be difficult for them to be worse at customer service.

And don't give me "they're busy". Doing it right would be easier than this clusterfuck.

As an excellent example, why is Craig posting here about "please wait for the refund" etc. Surely that should have gone out in email. In fact, every piece of significant actual information, including such carefully hidden gems as "your repurchase will be the same amount as your refund" should have gone first out in email, then to the blog (which should have a fucking RSS feed!), and only then maybe here, but it would probably be a waste of time at that point.

And get someone to write the emails who knows how to communicate. The email saying I needed to reorder included the note that it would be possible to reorder by cc three lines from the end of a novella-length piece, in what looked like the signature block, so I didn't read it. So I emailed asking about cc reorder, as I'm sure many other people did, wasting everyone's time.

The utter communications cluelessness is frankly the most worrying thing about this enterprise.

Your points (and many other forum member's points) may be valid. This is the power of hindsight. The way I see it is like this.

As a new company I would hope many things are learnt by the team, from the tech side through to the PR side etc. etc. during this project. The key being LEARNT. That is the best we can expect or hope for. Especially with regards to this being a COMMUNITY developed projest.

They have used the input from the community all the way through the project, am if I am right, wont simply stop at the HANDHELD itself for input from the members. There is much knowledge within the forum in ALL aspects of BUSINESS. If the team learns as much as possible from any mistakes made and advise from member who know what they are talking about etc., than the project is a success and will continue to be a sucess.

I think that forum members should HELP the team (or at least offer help) in any aspect that they are a professional at. ie. Chip being the PR rep is a perfect example. So lets see more offers for HELP and constructive advice so the project can move forward, instead of all the complaining. I would rather my PANDORA with the way things have turned out, then NO pandora at all! Wouldnt you?

TheGrandPubaa said:

Updates for December

The credit card reordering which is required for some customers has not yet started, we will email you all when it does and we will try to make it as close to the actual shipping of the Pandora consoles as we can.

Remember to add your name to the newsletter mailing list if you want to order a Pandora when more are available, it's possible this may be sooner than you think as we will probably have 200-300 spare from the first batch.

Also we now have a dedicated press relations guy, if you need anything press related please email chip@openpandora.org and he will do his best to make wonderful things happen.

Why is it we are waiting even longer for CC-orders now? Why are waiting until closerest possible to shipping? I thought the best idea was to reorder page as close as possible refund. Well at least I know Why This will mean CC orders won't be until January, right? Maybe even later since they are doing by country/region?

AAAHHHHH!!!!!! :angry:

dsleaf67 said:
TheGrandPubaa said:

Updates for December

Why is it we are waiting even longer for CC-orders now? Why are waiting until closerest possible to shipping? I thought the best idea was to reorder page as close as possible refund. Well at least I know Why This will mean CC orders won't be until January, right? Maybe even later since they are doing by country/region?

AAAHHHHH!!!!!! :angry:

not sure of the date they will be ready thats up to OP .. but my guess on the CC orders is its either got something to do with the arangement with the new bank (ie when you preorder a game they "accept your preorder" but dont actualy charge you till just before it ships.. witch wont work in this case unless everyone would pay a flat rate again) ..or its got something to do with where there at manufacturing wise and where their at exchange wise far as money. reguardless im sure we'll hear why and just how far they are with the cc pages shortly.

Middo said:
daffy said:

<snip>

Your points (and many other forum member's points) may be valid. This is the power of hindsight. The way I see it is like this.

I think that forum members should HELP the team (or at least offer help) in any aspect that they are a professional at. ie. Chip being the PR rep is a perfect example. So lets see more offers for HELP and constructive advice so the project can move forward, instead of all the complaining. I would rather my PANDORA with the way things have turned out, then NO pandora at all! Wouldnt you?

No, this is not hindsight. Anyone with any customer service ability or even common sense could have said: have a blog and an email list. Any concrete information, post it to the blog and the email list. And communicate concisely and clearly.

And this is me helping. I can't put the boards together or speed up delivery of LCDs, but I can agitate for someone to pick up the goddamn cluephone when it comes to communications.

If it is one thing I have learned in life and in business, with regards to communication, that is that it is ALL in the DELIVERY.

The way you have delivered your comments is not in a HELPFUL way. Delivered differently could make all the differenence. This is not you helping.

My advice is, if you want to help, is to identify your EXPERTISE that could be helpful and present your offer for help in a NICE manner etc.

A suggestion would be for you to start a new thread called, lets say ' Suggested Proceedure for Customer Communication - Batch 2' or something like that, come up with a proceedure (using your EXPERTISE and of course lessons learnt through this process that all have witnessed) and people could add / comment on the proceedure etc. If this works, then the Team could review the list and, if your lucky, use it for the second (and subsequent) batches etc. Now this is being helpful.

They're probably delaying re-orders so that it's "legal" by the terms and conditions of their new bank or something of that sort. They might've gotten in trouble last time for accepting money too early...

Edit: Then again, this idea has been mentioned and probably batted down a while ago. I just happen to not remember. :p

dsleaf67 said:
Why is it we are waiting even longer for CC-orders now? Why are waiting until closerest possible to shipping?
This is actually good news for me and possibly many others. I never had any intention of paying for something and then having to wait four to six months to get it. If they can show me that everything is really ready to go this time, I'd likely reorder from the first batch. If they could actually get all of them built before taking the reorders (I can dream can't I :)), I definitley would.

Edit: oops, that wasn't constructive.

I hope they finish 1 complete Pando before taking CC reorders, I think that would certainly convince a lot of waverers.

I don't even have my refund yet. If they put the CC website up and I can't reorder... this is such a stupid situation.

I don't trust anyone enough to reorder without actually seeing the refund.

Xanas said:
I don't even have my refund yet. If they put the CC website up and I can't reorder... this is such a stupid situation.

You don't need to, you already have your "place in line". There's no rush to reorder as soon as the CC website is up. Just wait for your refund and reorder then (or when the website is up, whichever is the later).

Just to make it clear, I'm not frustrated with the pandora people (Craig, etc.) at this time. It's just this is really a very annoying situation.

Xanas said:

I've replied in your Amex thread - basically you need to reply to your re-order email.

I doubt they will put the new link up until all refunds are posted and your email tells you you can re-order after you receive your refund.

I'm a little bit perturbed by the recent front page update that CC reorders are going to be closer to release. I paid $380 on Sep 30th ($370 for product/accessory/shipping and $10 my bank apparently charged me for the currency conversion) and my refund was $304 on the 10th. In the last 5 days, the USD has dropped against the GBP by about 1.5% and I have no idea where it'll be when CC reorders open again.

I understand that if I reordered right now I'd be paying $318 so my loss this time around will be $5 for the current exchange rate and another $10 that my bank will probably charge for the exchange again. I guess I can only urge the team to pick up the pace on CC reorders as I'm only interested in a Pandora, not playing the forex market. If I dropped out now I'd be out $75 and if I reordered now I'd be out $15 so it's lose-lose for us (and I'm sure for the Pandora team too having lost around $50 per unit between then and now).

Back