D1x Rebirth

yodaofborg posted on Dec 27 2006 at 09:00 PM said:
Hmm, yes, I forgot that some dpad mods do not have a way to utilise the stick button. Maybe add to that with Volume for Up/Down slide, and have Select + Volume Up/Down for changing volume, so people without the willingness to break things (I like fixing things, its what I eat and what I do :p ) / People without that button, can go up and down still.

+1 :) Vol+ / - to slide upper or lower (+ select for volume control), triggers to strafe, select for combos, Y/X to accelerate/brake, A/B to fire primary/secondary weapon, but Select + A/B is not as simple as select+triggers :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I have Tekken fingers, and can press Select+anything with one hand, but Select + triggers is good for changing guns too. Like stated, you can't please everyone in one go, have an option for multiple configs, even if hard coded :)

DaveC posted on Dec 27 2006 at 07:36 PM said:
That would be ok except for the stick press. D-pad users and those who don't want to break the stick would not want to use that.
For those who prefer a d-pad the best solution would be a decently designed mod that did not discard more than half of the available input signals.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will see what I can do about the controls. Currently the code only uses Buttons in combinations with OR - not AND. It`s probably a bit tricky but it should be somehow possible. There's still a bit overload with D2X since the AI is still not working 100% and this AI code is %$&§$%.
However I guess the next version will be at least be able to play Music via Timidity. I will also work on case insensitive Filehandling which should make you able to run addon missions without problems.

Only played through the first level because I'm saving it for a later date, but so far this seems like an excellent port. Yes the controls are tricky, but I've always had that problem with Descent :p

Thanks zico!

I never played too much Descent when it first came out, just the first couple of levels, so this is a new experience for me -- and a very good one! I found the controls very easy, although user tweaking is always a bonus for keymaps. Still, it was far more enjoyable to play than I expected. Excellent job, and a big thank you.

Back